Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Economy Questions Answered

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week, the WildStar team laid out some of the details about the in-game economy and how it was being imagined. This week, WildStar Wednesday is focused on answering player questions about the economy and is hosted over at WildStar Central.

Questions range from crafting to dyes to costumes.

Q: With regards to the crafting "grind" - creating piles of items to skill up a trade with no actual demand or need for the items - how is this addressed/handled?

A: In our system, items can be broken down for parts which can be used for crafting or modifying other items. If you craft an item to skill up and you can’t sell it, you can cannibalize it for your own use.

Check it all out at WildStar-Central.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I've learned not to get overhyped about upcoming MMO's... but WildStar looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on this game image
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Not a bad crafting system indeed...

I really hope that if this game is sub base, its no more than $5 a month with a cosmetic shop..
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    You guys are so good at videos ... do more videos!! Like the housing one and even the grouping one was better than reading another Q/A.

EDIT: Oh and the prop team one!!! I love that video!!

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Although I am still concerned about the combat changes this is THE game that I want to see. I feel almost manic about the game. I am so hyped but have seen so many other hyped games disappoint that I waver between wild optimism and paranoid worry :)
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This game, to me, feels like its going to be the proverbial rock bottom for themepark MMOs...taking every possible step to make it the easiest and least engaging casual game in the history of the genre. All in the name of "fun." Good luck Wildstar.

Joined - July 2004

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Hating is rather pointless... The game does look interesting, who knows what payment method they will go with, I personally prefer 20 or so dollars a month on sub. Allows for more steady game growth. There is absolutely no point and nothing to gain over hating a game like this, even if the game itself isn't the best, something unique and intrigueing can always bring new things to the market.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

The more Wednesdays that go by, the more Wildstar is sounding like one of those amazing feature lists you usually see with indie "sandbox" games being developed by 5 guys in someone's garage.

Except of course that Wildstar is NOT being built by an inexperienced and underfunded team that have no hope of succeeding.

Could this game be "THE ONE" ?