Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

you've posted icon

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
I think it would be great if there was an icon for each thread that showed if you've posted in it or not, and if you clicked on it you would be forwarded to your last post in the thread. This would be a great way to continue checking up on a thread without having to figure out where you've left off last.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81
    plus a notification system when being quoted.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by legendsolo
    plus a notification system when being quoted.

That would be great too. Maybe the icon could change color if you've been quoted or something, keeping it relatively simple, while still effective.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

You can watch threads, which will send you e-mail alerts, but you cannot get alerts just for being quoted. Quoting is a simple HTML function and does not actually pull a post ID or anything, so I don't think this is doable.

I can look into an identification icon, though.

just wanted to bump the thread because almost all of the people here want me to represent them in petitioning for this upgrade.   Thank you for taking the time to consider this proposal.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    You don't need to represent them -- they can (and should) post in here themselves! Plus, I've already taken note of your suggestion and will be forwarding it to the team. :)
    Originally posted by MikeB
    You don't need to represent them -- they can (and should) post in here themselves! Plus, I've already taken note of your suggestion and will be forwarding it to the team. :)

Yeah, I just wanted to give the thread a bump because I really think it would be a helpful feature.  I'm constantly looking through pages of posts trying to find my last post in a thread, or looking through my profile to remember/find my last posts so I can see what has progressed since.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

+1 for the icon

+2 for the quoted part, but hey, if you can't no biggie, just a cool idea.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.