Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A free MMORPG with a really high playerbase?

I want to know any free MMORPG's ( Best if their Browser; it's okay if it's not ) that have a high active playerbase. For example, Runescape. It has a rather high amount of ACTIVE users.  So, any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

I haven't payed any browser based games , so I have no suggestions.

There is quite a few good ftp games that are not browser games.  Games I would suggest is Aion, LOTRO and EQ 2 (Freeport server). All three have a good healthy population.  Age of Conan is ftp, but it's been a long while since I've played it, so cannot comment on the population.

If you do not mind spending a small amount of money upfront, you have GW 2 releasing next week, and if these forums are anything to go by, the population will be huge.

• CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Buccaneer

There is quite a few good ftp games that are not browser games.  Games I would suggest is Aion, LOTRO and EQ 2 (Freeport server). All three have a good healthy population.  Age of Conan is ftp, but it's been a long while since I've played it, so cannot comment on the population.

If you do not mind spending a small amount of money upfront, you have GW 2 releasing next week, and if these forums are anything to go by, the population will be huge.

OP asked for a free MMORPG, not a B2P which is the model GW2 Uses.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

One editorial site had this list:

1.Perfect World
    2.Lineage 2
    3.Aion
    4.Fiesta online
    5.Crystal Saga
    6.Maplestory

I don't know Fiesta or Crystal, but the others are all big names.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by Citalkay

And he mentioned that you have to pay upfront, meaning no monthly fees but B2P costs.. srsly man come on.

Thats why I mentioned If you do not mind spending a small amount of money upfront.

• CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

Thats why I mentioned If you do not mind spending a small amount of money upfront.

Small amount haha, if only £60 was a small amount.

35 quid on amazon.co.uk for the standard edition. The same at Game and Play.com

**Edit** Sorry OP it was not my intention to de-rail your thread.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

DCUO .. the watch tower is already crowded.

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87

LOTRO on the brandywine and landroval servers. although from ym experience the bulk of the players are almost always at  the later parts of the game, so it can get lonely early on. 

Although Landroval is a rp server which means you tend to see alot of players hanging around earlier parts of the game and role-playing, which is always nice even if you don't role-play, them just being there gives the game a sense of life and community. 

• RevliunRevliun Member Posts: 4

I absolutely agree GW2 will have a incredible population. Just looking at the BETA hits, it dominated The Secret World. And just by this year it had over 10,000 hits. i actually might get it.

Do you know the system requirements for it?

• RevliunRevliun Member Posts: 4

I actually somewhat agree to the last comment. I just checked out the price,and it was the same price  ( In my country ) as MW3 for PS3 and twice the price of WorldOf Warcraft Catclysm.