Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favourite type of Mage

Mine will be Necromancer.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

i *always* play a mage as my main in games. And usually i want him to be either elementalist or arcane .. i.e. throwing big damage spells around. Blow things up!

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    For me, it has to be an EQ 1 Enchanter.  Even to this day I miss playing my enchanter and the group content of EQ.  I miss my little sword and shield following me around image  It's a shame that fully fledged crowd control classes have been left at the wayside, so every class can have a bit of CC.  I can understand why, it's due to modern gameplay where the objective is to AoE nuke the crap out of everything.  Sorry for the mini rant.
  • kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87

i like that mage that fiers the fireball form hs hand 

hes like, cool n stuf 

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    My favourite type of mage?  The befuddled sage, puttering away in a overstuffed lab to slowly unravel the ever-changing secrets of magic, learning the nature of the multiverse and sharing what small wisdoms his long life and wide studies have provided to those who need them to improve the world.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Spell swords.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Sorceror / Wizard as my first choice.  Necromancer a close second.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • 5ystem5ystem Member Posts: 1
    Mine will always be the shaman and Necromancer. They are so different but so awsome !
  • cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122
    Mine would be the Elementalist/Warlock, thanks to GE

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    A technomancer I was hoping that would be rifts new Mage soul, other than that it's necromancer

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Spellsword or other kind of hybrid.

I didn't play AOC but the HOX class there looked fun as hell, would like to see melee glass canons instituted elsewhere.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I rarely play mage, they are just too squishy for me. Weird, Gandalf never was squishy. *shrug* ^^

Only time I played mage as main was in WAR with the Bright Wizard, cause it was always fun to rain down flames on stupid Destros. XD So the answer is elements, mainly FIRE. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MaroxadMaroxad Member Posts: 28
    My favorite is the manipulator or enchanter. Problem is, we barely see these mages nowdays in favor of the bowless archers. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    other:
    enchanter / mesmer
  • VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    I like pet mages.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    A mage that does more than just shoot fire from his hands, one that can use fire and arcane in unique wasys like shape it into a dragon, shoot spears made of arcane energy.
    Basically a mage that does more than just shoot fireballs.
  • belerenbeleren Member Posts: 63
    Mage the ascension mages are my favourite.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Im gonna bring out the truth and say...I prefer the OP FOTM mage thank you.

This threads theme song

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355
    Whats my favourite mage..... I would have to say a 4 school mage with a Matty robe
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    I've always prefered spell casters that use the elements, like Storm from the X-Men.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Bloodmage.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Frost  Mage :)
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Buccaneer
    For me, it has to be an EQ 1 Enchanter.  Even to this day I miss playing my enchanter and the group content of EQ.  I miss my little sword and shield following me around image  It's a shame that fully fledged crowd control classes have been left at the wayside, so every class can have a bit of CC.  I can understand why, it's due to modern gameplay where the objective is to AoE nuke the crap out of everything.  Sorry for the mini rant.

well, you can fault a lot of people like to blow things up. I always play a mage to feel powerful, not subtle. But i guess everyone has their own preference.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

More often than anything else my first choice is priest/cleric. I just like playing support and helping out in games. :p

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Nano-Technician PvP ,root,kite,blind ,nuke,NS,but this Blind which makes opponents screen completely black,everything is black,BLACK,its just something that should be used more in games.

Let's internet

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

If you're a nano-technician in pvp, couldn't you just send a nanite or two into the enemie's body and sever their nervous system?

Sounds alot faster.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin