Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips For New Players of GW2 | GuildwarsInsider

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Just saw 3 helpful videos with some useful tips, for anyone that's new to the game and hasn't really researched it or played a lot in the betas. Though even I didn't know some of these.

- 5 Tips For New Players

- 5 More Tips For New Players

- 5 Additional Tips For New Players

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    thanks
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I did not know about the ingame wiki search function, or linking waypoints.  Cool
  • Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I did not know about the ingame wiki search function, or linking waypoints.  Cool

Me neither. The waypoint linking seems particularly useful.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

the first vid was really bad advice IMO, well tip 2-4 were. These are playstyle opinions not set in stone to make your gameplay better.

2nd vid was good

the 3rd vid was brilliant, good job! I also didnt know about linking waypoints of the in game wiki, I just wish it was more like GW1 where f10 brought up a window with links to the wiki for various articles

edit: removed, problem solved woot

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475
    He's got more tips than a Rabbi after a mass brit milah.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Oh nice, thx for linking the tips buddy XD
  • UnfathomableUnfathomable Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Very nice, a couple of those were new to me, thanks for sharing.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    thank you! :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Oh nice stuff here!

TYVM!!!

(hmm... I wonder if Aerowyn knows about these yet?)

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I just started following there stuff but I like the tips they offer as everyone else I did not know about the shift click way points that is cool. The videos explain some good tips for new players and I hope it helps.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by ariboersma

the first vid was really bad advice IMO, well tip 2-4 were. These are playstyle opinions not set in stone to make your gameplay better.

2nd vid was good

the 3rd vid was brilliant, good job! I also didnt know about linking waypoints of the in game wiki, I just wish it was more like GW1 where f10 brought up a window with links to the wiki for various articles

Yeah, I do agree that the 1st video is more of a personal preference thing, but some people may not know that you are able to turn off those settings and I myself perfer to turn off double tap dodge. Makes jump puzzles a lot less aggravating. image

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Master10K
    Originally posted by ariboersma

2nd vid was good

Yeah, I do agree that the 1st video is more of a personal preference thing, but some people may not know that you are able to turn off those settings and I myself perfer to turn off double tap dodge. Makes jump puzzles a lot less aggravating. image

I did quite a few jumping puzzles and didnt accidentally dodge once >.< You know thinking about it I bet ones keyboard has a lot to do with it.. mine tends to not be popular to my husband and guildies =P its a real pain as the space bar has a sort of pressure problem and Im sure it extends to other keys.  http://www.geekiegadgets.com/2008/illuminated-keyboard/ itsnot old but looks like the newegg page is no longer there.