Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] Your preparations for GW2

JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Upgraded PC-Check

one week of holiday booked-check

Beer and coffee-check

Informed the wife I will be busy but to please make me some samiches-check

I'm ready.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Stupid poll. Keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is not a second work like all other MMOs and can be enjoyed by people who has a life.

Thats why I play it :)
  • CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152
    well I have a week off. New PC is up and running (works great with GW2). wife out of town for the weekend and taken the kid with her. Coffee all stock with mountain dew in the ice box and lots of 5 hour energy. also a few quick things to stick in the microwave.

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    I will be getting as much time as possible in on Friday and Saturday because I go on vacation Sunday through the next Saturday. Arenanet, I know you did that on purpose just to mess with me and I'm not amused!

Seriously though, I'll just stock up on the caffeine for Friday night!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Im getting long training skills ready for my queue in EvE.
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Stupid poll. Keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is not a second work like all other MMOs and can be enjoyed by people who has a life.

If you had a life you wouldn't be spending time on this website ;)

Have fun everyone. Remember to come up for air once in a while.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade

But... but... I don't need to in GW2!?!

My character starts with a Rebreather so I can stay underwater as long as I want! :D
  • belerenbeleren Member Posts: 63
    [url]http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/complex-question/[/url]

You made a logical fallacy and I won't answer your question because of that. :D
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Yep completely agree there! LOL still have my caffeine drinks tho :P
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Way to go dissing a whole community :P

Btw only for me the enhanced editor mode doesnt work for atm? :S
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    New Machine(s) (got both a desktop and laptop very recently). Im not dropping my life for a game, though. I am however prepared to have some fun!
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    I already warned my friends I would be MIA this weekend. XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Way to go dissing a whole community :P

Btw only for me the enhanced editor mode doesnt work for atm? :S

(1) The Editor is currently broken for everyone.

(2) Relax, this is pretty much a joke thread. I don't think he nor anybody else posting are trying to insult you or anybody else, mmk?
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    Picking up my new gaming rig from my buddy on Saturday morning. I showed him the GW2 performance and optimaztion blog to which he chuckled amuzingly. Looks like I'll be running GW2 with no problems.

On top of that, my wife is taking the kids and going to her sister's for the weekend (purely a coincidence) so I'll be enjoying GW2 in relative peace and quiet with some of my buddies.

Now we just have to hope that ANet can handle the onslaught of players.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Took the following week off from work. Wife is going shopping on Friday. I'm perfroming husbandly duties on Thursday and the fridge is already stocked with 7up and Blue Moon so I am golden.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    ...Blue Moon so I am golden.

Don't forget the oranges too XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Friday:

Buy 2 bottles of Coca-Cola (a treat for me).

Clean up the house (did some of that today)

Go over notes and re-write so they are legible (when I watch reviews I chicken scratch).

(night) Set coffee pot for early morning brew.

Hope to get some sleep.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Well with grad school starting + a job + a wife I'm fairly busy these days...however this weekend and this weekend alone shall be mine to enjoy the game.

Wife is going out of town with friends, I won't yet have much homework, no work this weekend and my brother is coming up to stay and play as well =)

Friday I plan to hit up the grocery store with plenty of food/drinks and a few bottles of wine.  This will be the only weekend I have a real chance to dive into this game undisturbed, unfortunatly following this weekend my time will be severely limited =(

I've had this great internal debate and it goes something like this...Being Central standard time, Midnight PST is roughly 2AM here, granted they release the game a few hours early I'm looking at around midnight my time.. Should I just go to bed early Friday and get up early or should i stay up late late late friday and sleep in Saturday...hmmm  guess it will depend how tired I am following work on Friday.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

retired ...no phone, no responsibilities, no money

only prep was warning the wife she has kitchen duty this weekend becasue I do 90% of the cooking

I miss DAoC

• IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173

Home made pizza pockets, Individual home made Pot Pies(made both chicken as well as meatball) and home made pork Baozi chinese dumplings - Check

Sandwich fixens - Check

Lipton instant Ice Tea /with lemon flavor- Check (allows me to make it as strong as I please)

Mountain Dew - Check

Yep I'm ready for quit a few sleepless nights for the next few months or so :P

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

I'v already set up my Desktop at the local 24 hr Mcdonalds along with my monitor in prep for friday night launch. I will spend the weekend gaming from one of those uncomfortable wodden swivel chairs as i down Big Macs & sauasge McGriddles. Its going to be so awesome , the sweet smell of Mcdonalds ventalating through my Alienware beast desktop while I conquer the world of Tyria one Dynamic event at a time.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Seriously though, I love MMO launch food  threads, they make me hungry and for some reason they are addictive to read lol.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177
    omg that kid looks like the michelin avatar thing

Originally posted by Hyp47
    omg that kid looks like the michelin avatar thing

He's fatter than the Staypuff Marshmallow Man

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I'm still searching for that awesome job where I get paid to play videogames all day. Until then, I guess I am stuck having to work in a cubicle farm.