Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey you! Yes, thats right, you on the fence

13»

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    "Why you guys don't like the game? What's wrong? What is missing? Why don't you like it?"

I feel as if all of these questions could be inversed in a way. I could ask you and others like you: Why do you want us to like the game? 
    As at the moment it feels very much like "us vs. them". Like cults and other fanatical groups. If you're not with them, you must definitely be against them...
    I don't agree with that but I digress.

I like the game, I just don't looove it. I've tried to but just nope. I was giddy to try it out until I actually got hands on time with it and then it all came crashing down for me. A sinking feeling, if you will.

First thing that knocked down my excitement a couple of pegs down was the first thing you're confronted with when logging in. The graphics. I'm not talking about the artistic direction...as I DO make a distinction between both. But I'm talking about the technical aspects of the graphics.
    I can live with this as I've managed just fine in KoA. I think of KoA and GW2 in the same manner. I'll get over my initial disappointment and just grow to love the art direction. 

Then came the combat...aside from the actual features of the combat and gameplay themselves, I don't like it. I don't like the feel of my character's movements. There's no OOMPH there. I promise if I could put it in more technical terms I would. I liked Amalur's, WoW's, Aion's, TERA's combat oomph.

When there are many monsters or players on screen it all gets to a point where I just get pissed off, coupled with the lacking sense of hitting. Clusterfuck much? 
    I've tried over two whole BWEs and several stress test moments to see if I could make better sense of the visual tells. If it's one on one, it's...ok-ish. The animations on the monster's side were so wishy washy that if I managed to dodge, I'd still get damaged.
    If there are more monsters I'm up against or in a mosh pit of monsters and players then forget about it...as a melee character I switch to survival mode or go ranged. I'm pretty stubborn and have almost refused to.

Other things I experienced in-game made me all the more apprehensive. I refused to drink the Kool-Aid at that moment. I've decided to play it like I would any of the other MMOs I could stomach until I've reached the cap level and see what kind of longevity there is. Then and only then will my apprehension possibly turn into love and hopefully not the other way around. As I'll finally be playing together with many of my buddies.

By the by...I thought this thread was made for the fence sitters...Why are some laying into the ones who posted why they're on the fence?

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

All you people that have found things wrong with the game...

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by andre369

So, I have not bothered reading about people complaints about the game this far, I like it and I dont really mind if others do not like it. But Im interested in why you guys dont like the game? Whats wrong? What is missing? Why dont you like it? 

Keep it clean, no kittens have to die in this thread. 

I am sorry, you will have a genocide of kittens, as always...

People will post a subjective opinions while others will bash them for it. And then you will have people butthurt that someone likes the game they dont and bash them for being 'fanbois' (oh how i find this term disgusting). And you will have a people that flame at them in contrary, and they will prove their point, while no one is actually right.

Or you will attract sandboxers who, i dont know why, spend their time on these forums more, rather than playing EVE/UO/whatever and just bash the GW2 for not being sandbox.

It always turn into MMO Fan or Sandbox/Themepark Forum PvP. If you want a objective reasons why people dont like it, ask someone among your IRL friends, Guild-mates, or whoever you can trust to give you objective arguments of GW2 flaws. Anywhere else but here.

Am i objective by myself on this post? Not really, but i am just posting my points of view on situation. Sorry for anyone offended.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

If half of the posters in this thread took the time out to learn a little about the game before they post I think we would have a lot less posts. On the other hand the blind fanboyisms are just as bad and you guys make the GW2 comunity look like a bunch of tards. Imo if you are guaging anything that has to do with GW2 from the posts on this site you're doin it wrong.

A few posts here are good (like Meph's) but others are mostly just people not interested in learning anything about the game and go off of what they hear on the internet. I mean "when GW2 has PvP I'll start playing". Seriously, if you have not seen PvP vids yet then you're not even trying.  

Vivik-Cerberus
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by andre369

So, I have not bothered reading about people complaints about the game this far, I like it and I dont really mind if others do not like it. But Im interested in why you guys dont like the game? Whats wrong? What is missing? Why dont you like it? 

Keep it clean, no kittens have to die in this thread. 

Performane is keeping me from buying immediately.

I'm not happy with what they did to the skill system vs GW1.

The rest is fine, will be playing semi-soon'ish.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Dfix

If half of the posters in this thread took the time out to learn a little about the game before they post I think we would have a lot less posts. On the other hand the blind fanboyisms are just as bad and you guys make the GW2 comunity look like a bunch of tards. Imo if you are guaging anything that has to do with GW2 from the posts on this site you're doin it wrong.

A few posts here are good (like Meph's) but others are mostly just people not interested in learning anything about the game and go off of what they hear on the internet. I mean "when GW2 has PvP I'll start playing". Seriously, if you have not seen PvP vids yet then you're not even trying.  

^+1 on this^

One who is reading these boards would assume that none have rights to like or dislike anything. If i like the game, it is the best thing created by mankind, and if i dont it is destined to doom and to fail.

And not speaking for GW2 only....

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• MorpheusMJWMorpheusMJW Member Posts: 27

I'll try and give an objective opinion (and please take it as an opinion) on why some of my friends are on the fence about this game.

1) Dynamic Events = Trivial Content.

With so many people doing DE's, the content just becomes real easy after a while and nothing is truly challenging until 'end-game'

2) The 'RIFT' Effect.

Me and my friends also had a very similar hype to Rift. Everything felt smooth and polished, but it just felt like it had been done before. I know there are lots of arguements against this with everything thats added in the game, but its just a feeling they get.  Your still killing boars/wolves and still collecting things. Maybe they've had enough with MMO's?

3) Confused Progression.

So far the progression is purely cosmetic. But since the gem store sells nice looking armor skins and the armor from HoM is nice and they never played GW1, they are pretty confused on progression if you can just buy armor skins anyway and feel like they are already behind before the game has begun.

This was all showed to them at a LAN at a BWE and these were the main 3 things that came up.

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

Op, should have expected you would get very few people in this thread who were genuinely 'on the fence'. Mostly just the ones that decided years ago it wasn't a game they wanted, and we have all already read their daily threads on the subject. Kinda renders the feedback here useless/redundent. Was inevitable though thats the kind of people drawn to this type of thread, no ones fault just human nature.

GW2 enthusiasts - People on the fence can be reasoned with. People already decided cannot. You need to stop wasting your time on the latter, or at least be able to spot the difference.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87
    60$ is alot of money for a brand of fantasy that I'm particularly sick of. Going to wait for a price drop, otherwise it looks like a fun game.