Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

To buy or not to buy

Ianb4allIanb4all liverpoolPosts: 74Member Uncommon

That is the question!

So with the immenent release of GW2 i have tried every single mmo out there- I am bored of wow as played it since release till about 6 months ago. I have had a eve online account since 2004 till about 6 months ago as well when I finally decided that Goonswarm have won and ruined eve forever!

I have tried so many mmos apart from everquest - fina fantasy - and dodges the warhammer bullet just by not been paid on the day and was lucky enough to read the forums when payday came along and decided against it- phew.

The latest sting has to be star wars the old republic that hurt my pocket and pretty much made me rethink my approach to mmo releases.

So the big question for me is - do I or dont I get the preorder for headstart on GW2?

I have looked at that guys open beta weekend with the small character he made that starts off in the frog event area- that looked pretty cool- but overall will the game be good?

I would love your input as dont want ot be stung by another game that fails due to major flaws like 99% of hte games released in the last few years.

If you know of any other good videos like the open beta one wher ethe guy gives a bit of a talk through and shows a bit of the frog event and such- any other videos like that about open beta weekend -if you could post htem here I would love to check them out to try help me make my mind up!

Thank you

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ianb4all

That is the question!

So with the immenent release of GW2 i have tried every single mmo out there- I am bored of wow as played it since release till about 6 months ago. I have had a eve online account since 2004 till about 6 months ago as well when I finally decided that Goonswarm have won and ruined eve forever!

I have tried so many mmos apart from everquest - fina fantasy - and dodges the warhammer bullet just by not been paid on the day and was lucky enough to read the forums when payday came along and decided agai8nst it- phew.

The latest sting has to be star wars the old republic that hurt my pocket and pretty much made me rethink my approach to mmo releases.

So the big question for me is - do I or dont I get the preorder for headstart on GW2?

I have looked at that guys open beta weekend with the small character he made that starts off in the frog event area- that looked pretty cool- but overall will the game be good?

I would love your input as dont want ot be stung by another game that fails due to major flaws like 99% of hte games released in the last few years.

If you know of any other good videos like the open beta one wher ethe guy gives a bit of a talk through and shows a bit of the frog event and such- any other videos like that about open beta weekend -if you could post htem here I would love to check them out to try help me make my mind up!

Thank you

I can say, I've been burnt by the past few years of crap mmo's too.

After playing GW2 in beta though, I would have been glad to have paid a subscription fee for it, and I still would. It's well worth the money, and I can't believe there is no sub fee for such a high quality mmo.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NephaeriusNephaerius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,539Member Uncommon
    I would definitely get the game.  It does not offer anything that's absolutely mind blowing and going to make you feel like you've never played anything like it before.  However, it's well polished, delivers what was promised (as far as I've experienced), and it's tons of fun.  Plus no sub.

Steam: Neph