Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frogster kicked as EU host?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Just had an promotional eMail for TERA at Gamescom. Odd thing is that the eMail was sent by GameForge and the website (tera-europe.com) now goes to the GameForge site.

Has this to do with Frogster als going to host RaiderZ, or just a general incompetence they have punished by BHS?

Comments

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by Reizla

Just had an promotional eMail for TERA at Gamescom. Odd thing is that the eMail was sent by GameForge and the website (tera-europe.com) now goes to the GameForge site.Has this to do with Frogster als going to host RaiderZ, or just a general incompetence they have punished by BHS?

Frogster board of directors was very aware of the terrible brand-name rep it had. So they voted to change the company's name to Gameforge Berlin about a month ago. They made a little announcement on their website back then.

Gameforge IS Frogster under a new name. They're hoping most people won't realize it. Just change what you mentally associate with the name Frogster to the name Gameforge.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/frogster-changes-name-to-gameforge-berlin-ag/
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    TY for clarifying that one. I always thought GameForge was an other company than Frogster was. If I knew this, I'd never had my Aion account transferred to them :(
  • TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Gameforge actually is something different. It is a name that already exists since 2003 and they focus on browser based games.

So Frogster renamed to GameForge Berlin? That sure is confusing. Apparently there was some kind of sneaky merger 2 years ago.

• PixilatedPixilated Member UncommonPosts: 30

Frogster's name is crap with release's like Rune's of Magic,

they've screwed over alot of players and I for one won't

play their garbage anymore. I wanted to speak out about

how TERA does'nt have a chance because Frogster treats

it's gameplayers like $hit. I'm waiting for them to come out

with Beta BG zones that are buggy as hell but in their eyes

are working as intended. Tera will go ftp by years end if not

sooner.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    I can't help feeling a half decent EU publisher would absolutely clean up, most are absolute pants.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by TalRasha

Gameforge actually is something different. It is a name that already exists since 2003 and they focus on browser based games.

So Frogster renamed to GameForge Berlin? That sure is confusing. Apparently there was some kind of sneaky merger 2 years ago.

Gameforge bought-merged Frogster.