Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW this stress test is buggy

Comments

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Yea it was bit buggy like it supposed to be :) still killed me when U used 2nd skill of the thief double daggers everyone on the map will disapper and it teleported me to the place I came from the first time lol ! well cant wait to play the game soon :))
  • ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by reignjuste

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

Hope they fix it otherwise this game is gonna end to the garbage

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

FPS is fine for me. 

But the character responsiveness is nowhere near as perfect as WoW's.

And when my character moves there is a lot of sliding.

Both annoy me, and will probably stop me from playing eventually, but I have faith that ArenaNet will fix this post-launch and before my frustration gets the better of me.

WoW was horrible at launch, did you play at launch?

I did play WoW at launch.

Butt sadly times have changed.

WoW was very bad at launch, but people got over it, and stuck with it.

Nowadays if a game is buggy/unresponsive/laggy at launch they stop playing and call it a fail.

There's so many other games to play right now that players do have the option to get annoyed and leave the game, when WoW was released there were very few other options.

This is just something developers have to accept when creating an MMO.

So my point is, your argument is invalid, it might have been valid a few years ago, but not today sadly.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It was quite buggy yeah:

1) Heart of the mists was crashing me 100% of the time when I tried to get in there.

2) Lots of people disappearing.

3) Guildmate was getting teleported and even killed by using the Warrior's F1 ability.

4) General crashing.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by reignjuste

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

Hope they fix it otherwise this game is gonna end to the garbage

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

Edit: I forgot to hi-light the important parts of their statement.

Reading appears to be a secondary skill to most mmo trolls, i mean players. This statement proves nothing since they can't read it or have now rea dit but have so far been so stuck to their opinion of stress test issues = launch issues that they won't go back on it no matter what anyone says. I'd give up and leave them to the pointless assessment of a game during a stress test.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

There will be no mmo launcher bug free.
    No mmo will ever BE bug free
    Fixing problem A creates problem B and C and D

Guildwars 2 will be no diffrent, there will be buggs, alot of buggs, question is will there be gamebreaking buggs ? looking at the latest stress test i notice quite some buggs with rangers / warriors and Elementalist.
    But i bet these will be hotfixed before launch.

Remember we are playing with Beta builds to search for buggs not playing for fun and expecting a 5 year developed polished up product.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

hope all these bugs yas are filling these forums up with, were reported during your stress test so they get some of them fixed prior to launch :P

:D

• Originally posted by Wolfenbr
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Wolfenbr
    Originally posted by petespri

Posted today:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/

According to their chart, it takes an I5 CPU and a 8800GT to pull 30-35  FPS.

Faq says minimum requirements: core2duo 2.0ghz and 7800.

Humm...

depends on settings.. the chart is auto detect so not telling what the graphical settings are.. the min specs assume min settings

True, but do you honestly think that if an i5 and 8800 barely pulls 30+ FPS (even on autodetect), a core2duo + 7800 can keep 30+ FPS?

If you read the oficial forums during the last few stress tests then you know performance is bellow expected. I really hope during release the developers will remove some kind of debug code from the client and FPS will jump but now i'm not so sure anymore and that article didn't help.

Only complaint about the game tho, and not really a problem if you have an I5 or better (which most people do i believe) everything else in the game is great!

My wife has a core2duo, 4Gig memory, and 8800GT vid card.  Last night I had her put graphic settings on Best Appearence, but turned off AA and put reflections to sky+terrain only.  Her FPS was 35 on average just running around doing low level PvE stuff.  She didn't get any video stuttering even during crowded DE's (we didn't do any WvWvW though).

Edit: she's also running the 301.42 video driver that Anet listed with the performance issue (waiting for the new beta one to be approved for release by Nvidia).

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by stragen001

Im amazed. ANet have been doing so well so far, but this stress test is the buggiest by far.

The problems I have experienced that WERENT there on previous tests are:

1) leap/movement abilites all bugged. Eviscerate causes all players/mobs/npcs to disappear until you move then they reappear, savage leap causes instant death. Other movement abilites such as the ranger sword 2(cant remember name) teleport you all over the map

2) no indicator for party members on map, even when you are standing next to one another. 

3) groups are no longer kept together when going to overflow servers

4) wierd bugs in WvW where you get killed on teleporting into the zone by random NPC invaders, but if you move they disappear

5) Email authentication bug. System keeps asking you to authenticate you email even after you have already done so

6) Forums and account page down

Come on ANet, get it together. The previous stress tests were flawless! I blame the Spanish (Spanish localisation was introduced for this test)

i'd just guess you reported all of those "bugs" ingame too? no? kk

>> Stress testing is a form of testing that is used to determine the stability of a given system or entity. It involves testing beyond normal operational capacity, often to a breaking point, in order to observe the results.

just for the record

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by stragen001

Im amazed. ANet have been doing so well so far, but this stress test is the buggiest by far.

The problems I have experienced that WERENT there on previous tests are:

1) leap/movement abilites all bugged. Eviscerate causes all players/mobs/npcs to disappear until you move then they reappear, savage leap causes instant death. Other movement abilites such as the ranger sword 2(cant remember name) teleport you all over the map

2) no indicator for party members on map, even when you are standing next to one another. 

3) groups are no longer kept together when going to overflow servers

4) wierd bugs in WvW where you get killed on teleporting into the zone by random NPC invaders, but if you move they disappear

5) Email authentication bug. System keeps asking you to authenticate you email even after you have already done so

6) Forums and account page down

Come on ANet, get it together. The previous stress tests were flawless! I blame the Spanish (Spanish localisation was introduced for this test)

Honestly I didn't experience any of these things except the email bug.  Forums and account page down I don't think is really a bug, they were doing all sorts of stress test and adjustments to their servers that would be normal.

Perhaps you were having some lag issues that caused a lot of your bugs?  It was a stress test after all, I would assume they were tampering with the servers..

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Yeah, that was a rather brutal stress test. Hope they worked some kinks out but frankly there were quite a few bugs for a game only a couple days away from launching.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

This stress test kept me busy with bug reports but the two biggest issues for me were..

1;) Players disappearing right in front of my eyes and getting killed by invisible enemies

2;) Abilities getting stuck and not firing on time

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77
    I logged in late, last hour or so and I had zero issues. Not sure what the whine is about since it was fixed in a matter of hours....

I hate when people don't understand technology and yet spew nonsense. Welcome to the internet, the worlds largest soap box
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Stayonboard
    I logged in late, last hour or so and I had zero issues. Not sure what the whine is about since it was fixed in a matter of hours....

I hate when people don't understand technology and yet spew nonsense. Welcome to the internet, the worlds largest soap box

most all these issues were resolved after they updated the client after extending the stress test.. but if you only played the first couple hours you'd never know

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

An average joe could care less for technology behind the MMOS. They just expect a a smooth gaming experince with as few bugs as possible. Yes bugs will be always there but that doesn't mean players can not discuss it among themselves.

What are you even babbling on about? Some people had issues. Shocking I know. Talk about being a hypocrite about being on a soapbox.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130
    SPvP had a bug where members from the other team would spawn in your starting point at the start of each game. It was hiliarious to kill them right off the bat. Hopefully that wont be the case upon release. But if it is fuck it those things make me laugh and are not game breaking.
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

What are you even babbling on about? Some people had issues. Shocking I know. Talk about being a hypocrite about being on a soapbox.

thing is MOST all these people are complaining about were resolved before the test was even up. They added in a patch if I remember right was about 30 min into the first hours extension then extended the stress another hour to continue testing

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Pure horror. I only hope that start will be better. I never saw so many bugs in any last beta before d-day

thing is MOST all these people are complaining about were resolved before the test was even up. They added in a patch if I remember right was about 30 min into the first hours extension then extended the stress another hour to continue testing

So? Maybe it resolved their problem but they logged about by then. Maybe it didn't resolve their issues(s). Not like anyone was being overdramatic about it. It was simply a senseless and petty post.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by gaugemew
    Originally posted by heartless
    It's a stress test, not a stable client version. Relax, it'll be fine. We go through this same shit leterally after every stress test. The clients used during stress test are not finished and being worked on. Certain things may be turned off or broken on purpose by the devs.

LMAO see my previous post.  I love these recycled arguments that were not true the first time they were used and are still not true to this day.

What is a Stress Test???

IF there are no bugs during Stress Test, is it still a Stress Test.

What is the purpose of a Stress Test??

If during Stress Test, the game is suppose to run perfectly, then are they really stressing it??

If during Stress Test they cause the server to be unstable, then were they successful?? or is it a failure??

I think we need to think hard on those answers before making statements regarding the game's status.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Oh ok I was wondering why I was teleporting all over the place in WvW at first!  I just figured it was something to do with my connection to their servers!  It provided some hilarious and interesting exploration options at the edges of the zones.  Usually I ended up falling through the world.  Good times!  Otherwise I saw FPS improvements and no other bugs.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

So? Maybe it resolved their problem but they logged about by then. Maybe it didn't resolve their issues(s). Not like anyone was being overdramatic about it. It was simply a senseless and petty post.

point is obviously there's going to be issues during a stress test they even stated to expect issues.. then during the last about 1.5 hours they patched up the client and game to me at least didn't have any issues.. so seems like a like of whining for no reason. Well see saturday. Considering how well the BWEs ran overall I'm not to worried about it.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    I have this strange feeling that a whole lot of employees are working overtime to fix the crazy bugs.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by Varthander
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

What has a language pack to do with the gameplay bugs?

I am insulting and i find this Spanish.

Excuse me? i hope im wrong and you didnt used the word "Spanish" to insult.

Please clarify =D

made me lol..I am insulting and I find this pissed. 

(-_-)

point is obviously there's going to be issues during a stress test they even stated to expect issues.. then during the last about 1.5 hours they patched up the client and game to me at least didn't have any issues.. so seems like a like of whining for no reason. Well see saturday. Considering how well the BWEs ran overall I'm not to worried about it.

I still had the same issues the entire time I played which was until the last forty minutes of the stress test. Certainly can be fixed. I don't see commenting or making a topic about the bugs as whining however.I do see having this mentality and response to topics like these as being a perfect example of why some are getting a bad picture of what the GW2 community is going to be like.

Then some of you wonder why people remark about the community as they do.