Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

invisible enemies

VinterkrigVinterkrig BOSTON, MAPosts: 1,672Member

this game has a really weird way of making sure you don't lag by having way too many enemies invisible, i mean.. kiting i ran into a zerg, that i had no clue existed, not ok!

also, enemies seem to pass a threshold sometimes while running away from you where they poof, i'm assuming its a part of the same issue when there are too many other enemies in the area

i had more enemies on my screen in daoc than gw2, there is no excuse to not be able to handle it these days.

Comments

• NeferaNefera XPosts: 426Member
    It's called a stress test.
  • NaqajNaqaj Frankfurt am MainPosts: 1,673Member
    Originally posted by Nefera

Irrelevant. That behavior was in all tests and beta events, and is part of the game. They may still tweak the number of displayed characters, but the functionality will remain at launch.

I admit that I noticed the behavior during yesterdays stress test, but I've never had it happen before even in crowded places. Hence I put it down to being stress test.
  • VinterkrigVinterkrig BOSTON, MAPosts: 1,672Member
    I admit that I noticed the behavior during yesterdays stress test, but I've never had it happen before even in crowded places. Hence I put it down to being stress test.

stressing would suggest they'd place more characters on the screen, not less.. no?

either way, its unacceptable ... being in a small room and kiting into a zerg of enemies is bullshit, i need to know they are there before i run into them

• RateroRatero Tallassee, ALPosts: 337Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig

this game has a really weird way of making sure you don't lag by having way too many enemies invisible, i mean.. kiting i ran into a zerg, that i had no clue existed, not ok!

also, enemies seem to pass a threshold sometimes while running away from you where they poof, i'm assuming its a part of the same issue when there are too many other enemies in the area

i had more enemies on my screen in daoc than gw2, there is no excuse to not be able to handle it these days.

Screen shots of the invisable mobs or it never happened! :)

• xposeidonxposeidon Sandston, VAPosts: 384Member
    Even before the test started it was noted that the game might not work as intended because of tweakings and adjustments they would be making and that it was in no way representing the current status of the game. Once again people lack comprehension.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

If this happened in yesterdays stress test, remember that they have very clearly started that the state of the game is not representative of actual live conditions, and that stuff will be broken. If the same thing keeps happening after launch, you have every right to complain, and I'll be doing the same.
  • GorillaGorilla Posts: 2,203Member Uncommon
    The patch mid test fixed it for me. Your mileage may differ of course. It seemed like a newly introduced issue anyway.
  • elockeelocke Manassas, VAPosts: 4,205Member Uncommon
    I never had this problem during any of the BWEs or Stress Test.  Don't assume that because it happened to you that it happened to everyone else.  Also, update your drivers, both Nvidia and Radeon released new ones in the last month.

I've seen it in multiple BWEs and apparently others have too :P

I hope it changes, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• mazutmazut SofiaPosts: 886Member Uncommon

^ This. Except the obvious creatures that have stelth, by default.

• saurus123saurus123 nonePosts: 570Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Naqaj

Irrelevant. That behavior was in all tests and beta events, and is part of the game. They may still tweak the number of displayed characters, but the functionality will remain at launch.

strange i played all the bwe and stress test and it onlly happened yesterday

for me it was some kind of lag becouse i was ported few times from where i came (in other mmos you can see same thing when you or the server lag)

so please stop telling bs

Originally posted by saurus123

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/46515-limited-people-and-enemys-on-the-screen/

not telling bs

also

when the servers got rematched with the same servers 4 times,  you had to run to each portal to see anyone standing near them, and everyone else would go invisible.. they just have low on screen #s , i'm simply saying it needs to be boosted WAY up, or they need to allow machines that aren't POS boost their allowed on screen #s so that the kiddies with crap computers can keep it low and not lag.

That link was also about a stress test performance, which was also under the same notice of things very possibly not working like they should. If this is as common of an issue as you make it out to be, I'm very surprised I've not seen more threads about it after beta weekends. It's a fairly major issue if it's a problem, and I know at least half a dozen posters here that would have jumped on an issue like that at first chance.
  • NaeviusNaevius Houston, TXPosts: 334Member Uncommon

There were lots of threads in the GW forum, so ANet is aware of it. Basically, the wrong enemies were vanishing - you should always see stuff that relates to you.

I fought an alpine wolf in the WvW area that was completely invisible...luckily I could still hit it.

• saurus123saurus123 nonePosts: 570Member Uncommon

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/46515-limited-people-and-enemys-on-the-screen/

not telling bs

also

when the servers got rematched with the same servers 4 times,  you had to run to each portal to see anyone standing near them, and everyone else would go invisible.. they just have low on screen #s , i'm simply saying it needs to be boosted WAY up, or they need to allow machines that aren't POS boost their allowed on screen #s so that the kiddies with crap computers can keep it low and not lag.

read my post again

i told it only happened yesterday not like this guy said in all betas and stress testes

not telling bs

also

read my post again

i told it only happened yesterday not like this guy said in all betas and stress testes

I don't think your word is golden here, because I've experienced it before the stress tests. (lol at testes)

i'm simply putting out my opinion like every other thread in this forum, its a major problem how limited the max # of people are on the screen.

• IPolygonIPolygon ViennaPosts: 707Member Uncommon
    It's called Level of Detail and it depends on optimization and hardware. I haven't had the invisible problem since BWE3.
  • LokbergLokberg OlsoPosts: 315Member

Are you talking about the 4 legged lizzards that have blink stealth?

• DeivosDeivos Mountain View, CAPosts: 1,818Member Uncommon

Check your hardware/drivers and game settings dude.

External to the stress tests and settings updates of any game, it's generally a user end or graphics compatibility issue.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners."
    - Thomas B. Macaulay

Originally posted by Deivos

External to the stress tests and settings updates of any game, it's generally a user end or graphics compatibility issue.

my hardware is fine, I'll look into settings.. but I mean we were taking the center keep in the eternal battleground, and I kited from one end of the room to the other and a group of like 20 or 30 magically appeared , while people from the otherside poofed.

• andre369andre369 .Posts: 948Member Uncommon
    This is the biggest issue of the game atm, I hope they will fix it in not too long.... For sure wont be fixed for launch so yea. 
  • XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common
    Originally posted by Lokberg

Are you talking about the 4 legged lizzards that have blink stealth?

Good question! I have not had the same issue as the OP but this makes since. I ran into some of those things. lol

• itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member

had this happen once the entire time i was playing. It happened the first time i learned the number three skill for range using 2hander. I flew over to the creature but it re-appeared instantly.

Then again I did make sure everything was setup properly before launching.

Antiviral app setup to allow the game to function unhindered, port forwarding, app forwarding thru firewall, launch game as admin,

Never fails. :)

• DeivosDeivos Mountain View, CAPosts: 1,818Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Deivos

my hardware is fine, I'll look into settings.. but I mean we were taking the center keep in the eternal battleground, and I kited from one end of the room to the other and a group of like 20 or 30 magically appeared , while people from the otherside poofed.

In that regard sound like what the people in that link you posted earlier said and you're just hitting the render cap for bodycount.

There is a setting to increase it, but I dunno if it works right or how that will affect your performance.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners."
    - Thomas B. Macaulay