Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jay Wilson allegedly says... watch video ;)

7star7star Member Posts: 405

Here's the background:

http://kotaku.com/5936142/diablo-iii-interview-leads-to-unexpected-facebook-bitching?comment=52010781

Here is a hilarious  video for after you know the backstory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqXltcnOMCY

What do you think about this?

Comments

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Really, the comments from Blizzard's Diablo team are rather childish.  They should have had enough sense to keep their mouth shut and keyboard off but I guess the level of displeasure and criticism leveled at the game has gotten to them.  Interesting they'd lash out so but until they craft a blockbuster they will always be in the shadow of former teams.  Brevik's comments were rather tame. I mean what old veteran with a successful game or championship doesn't think their guys were better than the current crop? Pfftt... Grow up.

Makes me not want to support them. Sometimes, your perception of who your dollar is going to does matter, especially when there are so many games to choose from.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    This stuff happens behind the scenes more than you know.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
    While their response may have been childish, patting your back and saying you would have made D3 better after making Hellgate is rediculous. Obviously he couldnt have made D1 or D2 on his own.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by EndDream
    While their response may have been childish, patting your back and saying you would have made D3 better after making Hellgate is rediculous. Obviously he couldnt have made D1 or D2 on his own.

To be fair Hellgate:London was a good game, but the decisions behind its implementation were Producer based. He was the lead developer, and not the Producer.

The problem with Hellgate:London is that they wanted a subscription to access certain features of the game, and they removed the SinglePlayer element & LAN options only a month post-release killing the game right then and there.

They primarily underestimated the cost of a 3d MMO's dataflow rather than an isometric game's dataflow on a server. Servers like that get extremely expensive with X number of players on them. They didn't realize that, and once they did it was too late.

Overall, it was a good game, and a fatnastic adaptation to the Diablo Universe. The problem was the execution.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    You have no idea how much I agree with you on HGL.  I actually liked the game in a lot of ways I remember playing it with a lot of guys from work and we all thought wow this is really awesome.  Of course it really proved to me that sometimes having business men behind the games can be a bad idea.  I think it's the same with D3 honestly it isn't a terrible game but built from the ground up as a revenue model thanks to kotick and co., and therefore it crashed. 
  • BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

Well, i think, blizz being a big corporation, there is surely much pressure regarding job security, infights and so on, some team building and morale things can be a bit ridiculous, so people get a bit wierd over time...

Haga is just a bit off overall, anyone else remember his AWESOME presentation of AWESOME features from the blizzcon, like talking to 12year olds or being a cheerleader?

Now with the pleasantries off the table, Jeff Skilling and employees of his company behaving completely oblivious to reality come to mind, having a nearly spiritual relationship with their company.

Flame on!

:)

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by 7star

Lawl at the subtitles :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD The last ones were best :D

• NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

Lol, the comments section had links to the D3 forum thread. Too bad Blizz has already deleted the thread:(

So, did the forums melt from the hate?

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Still plenty of threads up, including one that is up to its 18th page now asking for Jay Wilson's resignation (or to be pink-slipped).

Seriously, even the people all over the forum know how bad Diablo3 is, and Jay has the balls to sit there and piss all over one of the big names of the Diablo franchise.

I hope he does get fired.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Diablo 3 Developers React Angrily to David Brevik Interview

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-developers-react-angrily-to-dave-brevik-interview

Jay Wilson and some of Blizz D3 dev is angry cos Diablo creator says that D2 dev are way better than them, lol. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Well David Brevik is only speaking the truth. The new DIablo 3 team hasn't a clue. Also Hellgate was a great game but unfortunately Flagship had EA as a publisher, enough said!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Jay Wilson is a joke, fuck that loser indeed.

Look how Jill Harrington follows his lead like a good little sheep. These are the people representing the company these days? No wonder Blizzard has gone downhill over the last few years.

Then they ninja delete comments they made to cover up there complete and utter lack of professionalism, yet neither of them are smart enough to realize it would have been cached? Simpletons.

The positions Jay and Jill hold wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Blizzard North, and all they can do is disrespect the man because of some comments he made about how he would have chosen a different route in terms of design?

I know young children who act more maturely that those two.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

HGL was great idea, but really poorly executed.

You can not blame EA , there was so much screwed with that game it was not even funny.

Although i am sure it would be much better than D3 if they had same budget

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Jay Wilson is the consumate professional. "Fuck that loser"? Really?  Diablo fans have pretty much said their piece and what was said is just a reflection of that. How he chose to handle this critisim really shows the person he is. Would you want someone like that handling your games?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Here's the background:

I'm not sure what David Brevik said that would make anyone "unhappy".

He stated that it wasn't the game he would have made (so what? EAch and every one of us could be given a rough outline to make a game and come up with something different) and that the responses from other people helped to bolster the idea that the original team that made Diablo were very talented people who created a game that lives on in people's memories.

This Jay Wilson is an embarrasment.

So is that really it? Are game companies made up of adolescent pricks who can't comport themselves professionally?

Is this industry really that bankrupt?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Hahaha, scumbag Jay Wilson is scumbag...

He better not develop any game ever again. I sure wont buy another game with his name on credits, thats for sure image

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'm not sure what David Brevik said that would make anyone "unhappy".

That really is the bottom line here, Brevik's comments were in no way disrespectful and absolutely did not warrant the childish backlash he received from Jay and Jill. If you read between the lines it's quite obvious he is actually holding back in an effort to remain respectful and professional.

To which, the lead designer for one of the most well known and cherished franchises they own, responds with what amounts to little more than juevenile namecalling on the playground during recess. That response is then followed up by support from a second Blizzard employee who takes it a step further and makes a comment aimed at Incgamers, who really were no more than the messenger here.

All because someone they should, frankly, be grateful to chose to express that he might have done things differently were he still with the company. Unbelieveable.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Originally posted by Sovrath

So is that really it? Are game companies made up of adolescent pricks who can't comport themselves professionally?

Is this industry really that bankrupt?

I have been seen this a lot recently. Messages from Bioware, EA and Activision-Blizzard. They have blamed the gamers. They have blamed that we don't understand their game or try to make it out like it is only minority that dislikes their game. What ever happend to taking responsibility? What happened to public post-mortems that we used to have few years back where developers discussed the both good and bad quite openly. These days it seems to be about shifting the blame.

I also do not understand why a senior developer for a major company is allowed to make emotional statements like that in a public forum. The corporate communication department is going to have a fun day with that. I would have fired the guy on the spot.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

While I'll not condone such immature behavior from what is supposed to be a industry leader.

I can see how tensions fly high.  These guys (All of them) poured alot into their games.

When you pour your soul (no matter how empty it is) and feel insulted emotions take over.

However stating a man is a "@%$#@ing loser" for a producer fault? Not a design fault?

That's arrogant. The man has far more experience than Jay will ever have.

I loved Hellgate London, and Mythos was very fun it just lacked the proper funding.

So I cannot fathom what these Blizztards are talking trash on, were it not for their mega budgets D3 would be the biggest steaming pile of waste I've ever had the misfortune to hype and play.

Jay needs to grow up and recognize he just did so much damage to blizzard...yet again that how he keeps his job amazes me. He must have either dirt on someone or is a very lucky dumbass.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by Grotar89

Lawl at the subtitles :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD The last ones were best :D

I know.  The video is brilliant. It's actually the point of this whole thread.

I did LOL for real.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I cannot wait for the t-shirts, blizzard are geniousesesseseessses

Error 37, pink ponies and now 'f**k that loser' stuff that will all go down in computer game history.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    Originally posted by EndDream

Except he doesn't state he would have made D3 better. He would have made different decisions.

That you interprete this as 'being made better' tells enough about how you think the current diablo 3 is shit.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    The thing is David didn't even say he would have made a better game. All he said was he would have made some different decisions. Nothing to get that upset over.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    I agree. F**K that loser. He should mull over his own failures rather than worrying about other people's sucesses.

And thats the thing Brevik has not been sucessful after Blizzard North was shut down, his only success came when he was being helped along by blizzard.... so technicly he is a loser :p  When as Jay Miner over saw the biggest selling PC game ever.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

And bashiok fuck those losers

great video thanx for the lols

hahahaahah