Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Downtime Paves Way for 1.0.4 Patch

2»

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Amazing patch, gives players a much needed tangible replayability, heck, it will probably make me share my time between GW2 and D3.

• witcherxwitcherx Member UncommonPosts: 8

THIS VIDEO SUMS UP THE NEW PATCH IN 12 SECS

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Superb patch. Diablo 3 living up to it's name, although it took awhile.

Not a single bad change in the patch, blizzard keeps amazing me.

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Pace2002
    Originally posted by Zezda

I can't believe so many people are being led down the garden path with this patch.

It doesn't actually add any content or end game. Jay Wilson told you all that leveling to 99 in D2 was bullshit then he adds it into D3. He tells you that D2 wasn't as fun as you thought it was and that he knows better. He then goes ahead and basically destorys any semblence of balance and difficulty this game had.

They significantly increase the repair costs for items then decrease it in the patch right after it. They cap MF and include it in the Paragon system which means that players will get significantly stronger as they continue to progress since they are no longer caring about MF (Another thing that is going to help make the game even more ridiculously easy). They nerf all the monsters in the game, multiple times, by decreasing the damage and the damage affixes do by significant amounts and even going so far as taking immune minions out of the game and making sure some of the more difficult combinations no longer spawn together. 

Seriously.. do they have any idea what they are doing? Even from one patch to the next they are contradicting themselves with some of the changes they are making. I just can't help but think this is a cheap move to try get people to play D3 again by buffing all the skills and the legendaries and then nerfing anything that was actually difficult. The way they are going with this game just doesn't make any sense to me when I think about what I would wanna be doing in D3 a year down the line. Even PvP wouldn't save it for me because I would only need a one of each character to 60 thanks to their skill system so there's no reward for leveling a character with a quirky build in mind like there was in D2.

Is this seriously their plan? To add content that looks cool at a glance rather than adding significant gameplay changes that would increase the longevity of the game at it's core? As far as I'm concerned with D3 I'm glad I got it on the cheap from a friend and I'm glad I stopped at Act 3 Inferno (Hardcore) before Kripparrian got the Diablo kill becasue from what I've seen of the patches there's nothing there that makes me want to play this game. What do I do when I can farm Act4 without too many issues? They still have nothing to offer, there's no reward for even making different characters at this point, there is literally nothing in the game post level 60 and little to reward players leveling more than one character.

Paragon levels had potential but base stats at the same rate as a normal level... yaaaay... These changes will not be good for D3 in the long term. The game has hardly been out for long and Power Creep is a very serious issue already, this does not bode well for the future of D3 at all.

This sums it up very nicely, thank you. These devs have no idea how to make an ARPG sustainable, and Jay Wilson? $#&%ing retard he is, taking out everything from D2 that DID make that game sustainable for 10+ years? What meds is this guy on?

You both summed it up nicely. My friend keeps playing and you can see how badly he wants to be excited, this guy played Diablo1 on a Playstation with no memory card. He actually rented a PS to play this game back in the day, guy is a freaking fan. Diablo2, he was in school and didnt have money. Guy got a job JUST to get a computer to play this game, he wouldnt even do that for other games that were out at that time.

So here comes Diablo 3, he was ready. Poor guy, he only attempts to justify why he plays. Never says anything positive, just that he is still farming. Look on his face just tells me that he hates it.

Also, why do I keep reading threads that say - It will be okay in a few months. Da faq. Sorry, did Morrowind need months to suddenly become great to play. Diablo, Starcraft, Halo, Zelda, Goldeneye, Tekken, and all that jazz - they didnt have months. Hell, a MMO flops HARD if it isnt worth a damn - dont see anybody saying, thats okay. Lets give em a few months. Nope, first month and ya done.

Sheesh, it is only because it is Blizzard. I love the guys and all their games. The only two I have failed to play the crap out of is Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Starcraft was good, I cant bash it. It just wasnt for me. Diablo 3 however, heh. For shame.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by fivoroth

It's taken nearly 4 1/2 months for them to progress to 1.0.4.

It will be at the least six more months till 1.1, feel free to make nonsensical, fake internet bets with me all you like. But the progress they have made and the time taken to get as far as they have is really all the information one needs to be able to make a legitimately educated estimate as to when 1.1 will drop.

Patch 1.04 didn't take 4 1/2 months. They had two other patches of similar size at least patch 1.03 was... Anyways I don't think they have just started working on patch 1.1. They probably started worknig on it long before patch 1.04. This paragon system wasn't planned, it was a solution suggested by the community in the last 1-2 months.

Try reading slowly, and actually pay attention to what is written.

I didn't say 1.0.4 took them 4 1/2 months, I said it took them 4 1/2 months to progress the game from 1.0 to 1.0.4, which is completely true.

They have started working on 1.1, Blues posted that months ago.

The paragon system suggestions are something I was directly involved in, though I don't much care for the way they have chosen to implement it.

You seem to assume I dislike the game, when I don't.

You also seem to assume I am not very well informed, when the reality of the situation is that I seem to be better informed than you.

Kost, you made me LOL so hard with that post.  Doesn't it drive you bat shit crazy when people don't actually read and comprehend something.

I remember a friend of mine when i was training for this call center job gave me the best advice ive ever gotten:

"Listen with the intent to understand, not with the intent to respond"

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

http://i.imgur.com/mVhWE.png

I'm done supporting Blizzard, the above image is all the reason I need. Shameful.

me too

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Bushi131

This "patch" is patching us for the flavor of the month not the game.

The game is still the same piece of crap, but they really, really want you to play it at Blizzard...

I'm sure ya'll know P.I.M.P  (put it in my pocket)

Diablo 3 is like a rat-lab having a rat-lab in his cage to experiment with.

For those righteous bastard we are worthless, at least all gamers playing their product... just DON"T !!!

torchlight 2 is much better option . there is no RMA and it is only 20 us dollars

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    Awesome patch, changes are exactly what player wanted - paragon levels adding more progression, buffed up legendaries/sets/yellows so you can giggle when orange/green stuff drops, no more stupid enrage/insta heal on mob packs, better AH interface, buffed up classes and no more friggin invulnerable minions affix. Sweeeeeet....
  • RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

Wow people are still playing this game after it's demise with their poor security designs that led tons of player's accounts being hacked? People actually ignored this major game breaking issue along with all the rest of the issues?

I not only uninstalled this garbage but also authorized Blizzard to close my account permanently.

Oh well guess only the weak minded will follow anything into the pit of hell.