Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] End of Nations: Cooperatively Killing It

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last week's Gamescom, Trion Worlds showed off End of Nations. In particular, we took note of the cooperative game feature called 'Full Boar'. See what we discovered and then leave your thoughts in the comments.

Now, I like PvP as much as the next person. Actually, I may well like it more than the next person given the fact that the only thing I play in my downtime is DotA 2. However, there are days when you just want to come together with your friends and work co-cooperatively.

Read more of Cassandra Khaw's End of Nations: Cooperatively Killing It.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    gogo trion!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    This game is fun.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    This is the game to watch out for...
  • ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    I've been really impressed with Trion. Rift was a really amazingly made game, and they really delivered what they said they would. To be honest I'm supprised it doesn't have more subscribers. And now end of nations is looking like a really great game too. I'm personally still playing rift at the moment as I just haven't found an mmo better/ a company who works harder to make their games so amazing and keep delivering like mad after launch. Keep up the good work trion.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Bosses in a RTS game?  Give me a break, that is just a weak programming tool because the developers can't make decent AI.  That just cements this game as an also ran immediately.  And here I thought this would be a decent competitor to Starcraft.

Oh well, guess we will have to wait until someone else comes along for a decent RTS.  Guess I will stick to Starcraft.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Bosses in a RTS game?  Give me a break, that is just a weak programming tool because the developers can't make decent AI.  That just cements this game as an also ran immediately.  And here I thought this would be a decent competitor to Starcraft.

Oh well, guess we will have to wait until someone else comes along for a decent RTS.  Guess I will stick to Starcraft.

Actually what they are doing here is making the different playmodes unique. What whould be the fun to play against an AI that played exactly like a standard PvP match? Its not lazyness, its making the game have more flavour.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437
    This is made by the people who made StarWars: Empires at War. The gameplay is similar to planet-side assaults (not space derp). Its nowhere near StarCraft
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Man, it is contageous. No  longer are only  the traditional MMOs affected by the "WTF change??!!" ragedemic.

Dig a little deeper, man. This is only one of the playstyles EoN is offering. Then again, if you can't handle diversity, then you might as well heed to your latter advice. The game is more similar to World in Conflict than SCII.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

I tried it and I am a huge fan of the original develpment team of C&C, but after playing the beta, I just couldnt' get into it. C&C and Starwars RTS builds where descent, but time have changed in how a good rts is made and to be honest, playing this game felt like I was playing the old games. Not that it's bad, it's just nothing new.

The concept of world conquest is about the only interesting part I enjoyed, the rest just felt like fluff.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• YaoimanYaoiman Member Posts: 51
    So is this game going to be like Chrome Hounds multiplayer except RTS insted of a mech stratagy shooter or an actual open world RTSMMO?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

We will always remember your sacrifice, Louisoux!

• fire_nymphfire_nymph Member Posts: 1
    To clarify, Trion is only publishing EoN, Petroglyph is actaully responsible for developing the game. A lot of people don't seem to realize this. It's kinda like talking about the newest horror novel from Simon and Schuster when in fact is was Steven King who actually wrote it.