Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FPS in eternal battlegrounds.

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I came across some extra cahs so I decided to buy the game and give it a try.

Anyways, my system is well above the minimum requirements. Not sure how accurate system requirements lab is but my system was maxed on the scale.

I was getting a just barely playable 10-15 fps in eternal battlegrounds. Graphics options had almost zero effect on this.

Many people would consider that unplayable.

What was your fps in the eternal battlegrounds?

I'm thinking about getting a refund since I'm not in the market for a new PC.

Comments

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by jusomdude

I came across some extra cahs so I decided to buy the game and give it a try.

Anyways, my system is well above the minimum requirements. Not sure how accurate system requirements lab is but my system was maxed on the scale.

I was getting a just barely playable 10-15 fps in eternal battlegrounds. Graphics options had almost zero effect on this.

Many people would consider that unplayable.

What was your fps in the eternal battlegrounds?

I'm thinking about getting a refund since I'm not in the market for a new PC.

dont post your specs

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Did you happen to catch this when you logged in or something to the effect of it? 

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    need specs.. getting steady 60fps even with a TON of crap going on with gtx 670, 2600k cpu @ 4.5 Ghz, solid state HD, 8GB Ram

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I don't see how them working on server side things is going to affect the client performance.

The game is 4 days from launch.

I know... miracle patch inc right?

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    need specs.. getting steady 60fps even with a TON of crap going on with gtx 670, 2600k cpu @ 4.5 Ghz, solid state HD, 8GB Ram

same here 60fps doing anything and everything

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I don't see how them working on server side things is going to affect the client performance.

Game is completely playable and stable during the BWE's. Beta Weekend Events. Not the same as a STRESS TEST.

They put STRESS on the servers and see what breaks. Then they fix that so it can't break as easily. This was a STRESS TEST.

But, some people understand that as what it's going to be on release. Get your refund, by all means.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• tachiboitachiboi Member UncommonPosts: 30

25fps, which is playable for me. small laptop.

in this situation. my specs aren't high either,

GT 540m, i5 1.6ghz b4 turboboost

Well I'm not buying a $400 GPU and $300 CPU with overclock to play with acceptable performance.

Anyways, I have A8-3850 llano for CPU. And AMD 4850 for GPU, 8GB DDR3 ram.

Checked my cpu load while playing and it wasn't even at 50%, so don't think that's the issue.

I get 60+ fps outside eternal bg.

Seems there needs to be better character graphics options.

Originally posted by tachiboi

25fps, which is playable for me. small laptop.

in this situation. my specs aren't high either,

GT 540m, i5 1.6ghz b4 turboboost

Oh you had to go and show a screenshot. Now I want to play! 

Anyway, I had good smoothe gameplay. I don't like posting fps because it all depends on so many conditions it isn't worth posting. I had my settings set per another forum posters recommendations because we have the same Video Cards. Thank you Aerowyn, it looked awesome without post processing.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79

I haven't seen any majpr performance issues myself or reported recently so my guess is it's related to stress testing or at worst a specific issue with your system, but the rational decision is to wait the four days and see. Server side code can greatly impact client side performance. It happens all the time and it can appear as a FPS client issue. 

Originally posted by bbbmmmlll

I haven't seen any majpr performance issues myself or reported recently so my guess is it's related to stress testing or at worst a specific issue with your system, but the rational decision is to wait the four days and see. Server side code can greatly impact client side performance. It happens all the time and it can appear as a FPS client issue. 

Well that's the problem here... if I wait until release I can't get a refund if it still runs badly.

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77
    i get 60fps.. but your missing the point.. during the STRESS test they are doing everything in there power to make it mess up.. its handleing wonderfully.. in the head start and launch things will be even smoother since they wont be fixing stuff and working on code and stressing there servers. 

• Free2012Free2012 Member Posts: 28

/troll detected

Haven't had an issue playing GW2 at all except the last BWE but that was due to an ISP issue that affected both GW1 & 2. People shouldn't have issues playing this game unless they're running the same computer that they started WoW with back in '04-'05

Well I'm not buying a $400 GPU and $300 CPU with overclock to play with acceptable performance.

Checked my cpu load while playing and it wasn't even at 50%, so don't think that's the issue.

that should be good enough to at least get a playable framerate in WvWvW for graphics settings try turning reflections Off,  Turn shadows to low. Turn off Post processing(unless you really like bloom), and try subsampling. That should bump your framerate up a bit

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

I have an old Athlon II 250 and a less old Radeon 6770 with 3gb ram and get around 40fps in W v W v W (sorry I haven't played since the last stress test and don't remember the settings, I know I started with mid and adjusted some of the settings up).

Edit:  Last BWE I loaded it onto my laptop for laughs to see if I could play it on the go, and it surprisingly ran beween 20-25fps in W v W v W and it is an AMD A6 3400 with the onboard 6520g.  I was surprised.  I actually didn't do any pve in the regular areas but I expect it to be higher there.

that should be good enough to at least get a playable framerate in WvWvW for graphics settings try turning reflections Off,  Turn shadows to low. Turn off Post processing(unless you really like bloom), and try subsampling. That should bump your framerate up a bit

I tried all graphics settings. Absolute worst they could go and it literally had no effect from the auto detect.

I tried all graphics settings. Absolute worst they could go and it literally had no effect from the auto detect.

really odd because even on my system I can see FPS difference when I change those settings

When I first logged in I had a hardware warning. I was told that I need a graphics upgrade and I installed that. Perhaps the problems is your drivers. 

edit: you may want to check your gpu temperature next time also. And/or make sure your cpu heatsink is not full of gunk causing your cpu to get hot also. 

• SneakypeteSneakypete Member UncommonPosts: 7

While world vs world should probably have it's own seperate minimum pc requirements, I think players should realize that this is a 2012 game and we're talking very large fights with tons of spell effects.

I understand your pain with the 4850.  My 5770 is not strong enough for the really big wvw fights, but I'll be upgrading in the next week or two.  Our cards are simply too many generations behind, and not even close to the best cards in their era.  A 3 generation old card (or a budget card from 2 generations ago like mine) really shouldn't be expected to run massive battles in a mid 2012 game.

If you already have a quad core CPU, it won't take that much to get the game running great.

*Just noticed AMD dropped the prices of their 7800 series to 210/250, making that last sentance all the more true*

Well I might be getting some extra cash at the end of the month, and it is about time I upgraded my video card. I'll probably get the AMD 7850.