Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW this stress test is buggy

Comments

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Sigh, always getting the message, could not connect to the login server.

Have you tried contacting support? That doesn't seem normal. I've been loging in and out all through out the test without any issues.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

try restarting your computer? i just logged off and right back in no issues at all with the login server

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by heartless

Have you tried contacting support? That doesn't seem normal. I've been loging in and out all through out the test without any issues.

In a Stress Test? The test will be over long before I get any answer. I was kicked out ~ 1 hour ago and can't login ever since.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by reignjuste

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

Hope they fix it otherwise this game is gonna end to the garbage

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

FPS is fine for me. 

But the character responsiveness is nowhere near as perfect as WoW's.

And when my character moves there is a lot of sliding.

Both annoy me, and will probably stop me from playing eventually, but I have faith that ArenaNet will fix this post-launch and before my frustration gets the better of me.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

In a Stress Test? The test will be over long before I get any answer. I was kicked out ~ 1 hour ago and can't login ever since.

I was thinking more along the line to make sure that the issue doesn't persist when the game launches.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I was thinking more along the line to make sure that the issue doesn't persist when the game launches.

Hm, good idea. I will sent them a note right now. The prebuy was expensive enough, I'd hate to waste it. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Rather have these issues now, then in 4 days.  Just sayin.
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

Bad FPS issues? It must be your PC. My FPS is between 40-60 in most places and it's not like I have a super powerful computer or anything.

My pc plays games on max settings that u will play after 5 years so.No it's not my computer.

And im not talking about fps when u are u against 2 mobs in  the world im talking about fps when there are lots of people in wvww.Thats where the graphic optimization is stressed.got it?

• monster8memonster8me Member UncommonPosts: 27
    first test ive got to be in and i didnt really have any problems logged in at 3pm(east) and played till 8:57pm only logged me out once to apply new build and got right back in glad they added the extra time today
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Valua

FPS is fine for me. 

But the character responsiveness is nowhere near as perfect as WoW's.

And when my character moves there is a lot of sliding.

Both annoy me, and will probably stop me from playing eventually, but I have faith that ArenaNet will fix this post-launch and before my frustration gets the better of me.

WoW was horrible at launch, did you play at launch?

heh yea wow was a complete nightmare. . i remeber how horrible the rubber-banding was and continued till weeks after launch.. so many crashes and bugs it was a wreak.. but they recovered well and at the time didnt have a ton of competition

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

My pc plays games on max settings that u will play after 5 years so.No it's not my computer.

And im not talking about fps when u are u against 2 mobs in  the world im talking about fps when there are lots of people in wvww.Thats where the graphic optimization is stressed.got it?

smooth 60 fps in WvWvW here but like I said above got a pretty good system.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by stragen001
    Im amazed. ANet have been doing so well so far, but this stress test is the buggiest by far.The problems I have experienced that WERENT there on previous tests are:1) leap/movement abilites all bugged. Eviscerate causes all players/mobs/npcs to disappear until you move then they reappear, savage leap causes instant death. Other movement abilites such as the ranger sword 2(cant remember name) teleport you all over the map2) no indicator for party members on map, even when you are standing next to one another. 3) groups are no longer kept together when going to overflow servers4) wierd bugs in WvW where you get killed on teleporting into the zone by random NPC invaders, but if you move they disappear5) Email authentication bug. System keeps asking you to authenticate you email even after you have already done so6) Forums and account page down Come on ANet, get it together. The previous stress tests were flawless! I blame the Spanish (Spanish localisation was introduced for this test) 

Um, you caught the whole part where they said BEFORE YOU LOGGED IN that this was a stress test and certain things might not work or not work as expected, right? If you still go into the stress test after reading this, you really don't have anything to complain about.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I honestly think they were testing how we would react to the login stress test, and what we would do in order to test their systems. My solution after the initial panic, was to use the 'forgot pasword' link, which then was able to get an email sent, registered the PW, hit another stresswall, but tried logging in and it worked.

In-game I admit, I hadn't tried any WvW in any of the stress tests / beta as I want to experience them fresh and clean for myself. The DEs in all the worlds and a multitude of classes/race combos I have been doing though.

I see no one mentioned the graphics were back to 'normal' from last stress test. Last one was almost like playing in a painting, which was cool, but different, this one was back to normal. (though maybe thats a diff from sylvari to charr, not sure).

regardless, i found no lag this time around and we were lighting DEs with big numbers of folk all over, having a blast. weapon sets were leveling like mad, I must have maxed 10+ weapon combos as a guardian, amazed at the versatility that class has.

Very excited about the game, and the fact ANet seems to be using us the way we're supposed to be used in betas.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

only issues I ve had were the "leaping" abilities causing random tp's and the email bug.

Played my engineer the first 2 hours, and theif the last 3 both in Wv3 and sPVP.  Wasn't that bad at all, there was some rubberbanding at first until they reset wv3 the first time, then as about 20 minutes passed I didn't feel any hiccups the rest of the playtime.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

What has a language pack to do with the gameplay bugs?

I am insulting and i find this Spanish.

Nothing !

The issue was most likely caused by the new login security measures put in place.

This is the 2nd time I have this many login issues, 1st were the usual auth server crashing of 2 BWE's ago.

• fub01fub01 Member Posts: 24

no indicator for party members on map, even when you are standing next to one another.

Ya, that one annoyed me a bit.

Also, the fonts in the trading company window and some other places were cutoff or somehow a bit difficult to see.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

Edit: I forgot to hi-light the important parts of their statement.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

1) leap/movement abilites all bugged. Eviscerate causes all players/mobs/npcs to disappear until you move then they reappear, savage leap causes instant death. Other movement abilites such as the ranger sword 2(cant remember name) teleport you all over the map

The leap bug was fixed halfway through the test. They also extended the test by 2 hours.

• BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44
    thats cuz they are mad and want you to push 1 for Spanish and 2 for english, not the other way around
  • RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

Perfect test here.  Frame rates in the 40's almost all day, and smooth sailing with a group of friends.  No splits, plenty of hits, and lots of hilarious errors.

• Beercan1974Beercan1974 Member Posts: 12
    My test was pretty good actually. Went smothly.
  • gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

Guys remember when diablo 3 had a bad stress test and everyone said "hey it's just a stress test" and then the launch went smooth.

Yea, me neither.  Fanboys are fanboys, regardless of the game they chose to inhabit.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    I only appeared for the last 2 hours, things were pretty smooth at that point. I heard from others that they had problems for 2 and  a half hours earlier.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

smooth 60 fps in WvWvW here but like I said above got a pretty good system.

Mine is better.Seems like sli is not working for this game ill try and disable it at release

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

Im amazed. ANet have been doing so well so far, but this stress test is the buggiest by far.

The problems I have experienced that WERENT there on previous tests are:

1) leap/movement abilites all bugged. Eviscerate causes all players/mobs/npcs to disappear until you move then they reappear, savage leap causes instant death. Other movement abilites such as the ranger sword 2(cant remember name) teleport you all over the map

2) no indicator for party members on map, even when you are standing next to one another. 

3) groups are no longer kept together when going to overflow servers

4) wierd bugs in WvW where you get killed on teleporting into the zone by random NPC invaders, but if you move they disappear

5) Email authentication bug. System keeps asking you to authenticate you email even after you have already done so

6) Forums and account page down

Come on ANet, get it together. The previous stress tests were flawless! I blame the Spanish (Spanish localisation was introduced for this test)

I had a few of these problems last stress test but not this one. But they are good! It means that their stressing is really working their servers, which will help them avoid these sort of problems when the servers are stressed for real at launch :)