Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW this stress test is buggy

Comments

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by k-damage
    People are really that bad at reading disclaimers, it's crazy ...

One of the biggest mistakes ArenaNet made was to open up stress tests to the general public. Should've just stuck with the BWE's and kept the stress tests internal.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by stragen001
    Originally posted by gaugemew
    It's a stress test, not a stable client version. Relax, it'll be fine. We go through this same shit leterally after every stress test. The clients used during stress test are not finished and being worked on. Certain things may be turned off or broken on purpose by the devs.

LMAO see my previous post.  I love these recycled arguments that were not true the first time they were used and are still not true to this day.

Im about as big a GW2 fanboy as you can get, however, what I am pointing out is that all these bugs that are present in the current version they are using for this stress test 3 days before launch were not in any of the previous BWEs or stress tests. All of the previous BWEs and stress tests have been flawless as far as I am concerned - I have not experienced a single bug in GW2....... up until this stress test. Thats why it was so surprising, and a little bit worrying to see such a plethora of bugs that never existed before, just 3 days before launch. 

"We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch."

They were actively working on the game in all the other stress tests as well, and there were no problems at all..... I get it, they are testing and actively working on the game but these bugs arent caused by them doing something in game. When they say that they are actively working on it, they mean like in the last stress test when they asked everyone to goto a particular zone to stress it out etc. These are bugs that were introduced in the latest build that really need to be fixed.

.....and I'm sure ANet are up to the task. They have been very good at getting stuff sorted in the past. I suspect there will be another stress test before saturday to confirm the fixes they have done are working

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by Varthander
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

What has a language pack to do with the gameplay bugs?

I am insulting and i find this Spanish.

Excuse me? i hope im wrong and you didnt used the word "Spanish" to insult.

Please clarify =D

Hm, maybe spanish is the new gay in english?

<.<   >.>   <.<

Geez.....

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-am-offensive-and-i-find-this-x

Oh IC you ARE Spanish.

I still don't understand the sentence. I wasn't so serious. ^^ I just found the expression odd.

I know the expression "That is all Spanish" in German (Das kommt mir Spanish vor.) when we mean something is suspicious. But I have no clue why. XD

Oh my. ^^

OHHH AHH!

I understand. You switched it. Hah.

But it wouldn't work for me. I'd say: "I am gay and I find that gay" and THAT would be absurd! :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by gaugemew
    It's a stress test, not a stable client version. Relax, it'll be fine. We go through this same shit leterally after every stress test. The clients used during stress test are not finished and being worked on. Certain things may be turned off or broken on purpose by the devs.

LMAO see my previous post.  I love these recycled arguments that were not true the first time they were used and are still not true to this day.

Im about as big a GW2 fanboy as you can get, however, what I am pointing out is that all these bugs that are present in the current version they are using for this stress test 3 days before launch were not in any of the previous BWEs or stress tests. All of the previous BWEs and stress tests have been flawless as far as I am concerned - I have not experienced a single bug in GW2....... up until this stress test. Thats why it was so surprising, and a little bit worrying to see such a plethora of bugs that never existed before, just 3 days before launch. 

"We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch."

They were actively working on the game in all the other stress tests as well, and there were no problems at all..... I get it, they are testing and actively working on the game but these bugs arent caused by them doing something in game. When they say that they are actively working on it, they mean like in the last stress test when they asked everyone to goto a particular zone to stress it out etc. These are bugs that were introduced in the latest build that really need to be fixed.

.....and I'm sure ANet are up to the task. They have been very good at getting stuff sorted in the past. I suspect there will be another stress test before saturday to confirm the fixes they have done are working

That's the nature of the stress test. The developers break things and turn them off on purpose in order to check how the game performs under various conditions.

It's not an open beta/trail. It's a test. The amount of bugs is not representative of the previous stress test builds. Hell, this may not even be the current version of the game. They may be using an older version to test certain features under stress.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Colin Johanson is reading this thread with a launch-ready copy of GW2 in his hand, scratching his head with the other one.

turns to stuffed Rytlock....

"People be crazy, dawg."

Well I guess it is safe to say we get another stress test now before launch. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    strange i dint have any lagg at all or any glitch  i even play pve and pvp and all was perfect  ...
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    leap of faith kept killing me, but i kept using it (you never know). then it shot me across the map to shaemoor village. it was hilarious.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    I really think some people in this thread have no idea what a stress test is for, if bugs and problems didn't come up associated with greater server load than the stress test is a failure, worry about it if all these problems are there for launch.

I agree!

Has anyone ran an compression check on an engine? Sometimes you have to take things apart to see if they work right. Spark plug comes out, guage goes in, run the engine, check the pressure. The engine runs like crap, but the result is what you are after.  I'm sure the same is going on with the client. No biggy, it isn't a launch, it's a stress test. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111

So besides the disclaimer and straight out notification by ANET that this is a stress test wonder what else people need. Most likely reading and comprehension skills although that is a personal bug. Anyway if I were releasing a product that needed stress testing I might actually you know stress test it. Like say throw tons of long SQL statements at the DB servers to see theoretical max capacity and issues that arise or perhaps generate crazy looped simple math equations to push calculations per second and the processors. Maybe some memory eating infinite count scripts, perhaps I could push I/O on a drive by transfering extreme amounts of small data files between storage devices.

Hmmm or maybe I shouldn't say anything since I have no idea what I am talking about....Or possibly I do and it is the other way around.

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    Stress Test extented to another hour and that new build whoa my framrate doubled!
    Originally posted by livespartan
    Stress Test extented to another hour and that new build whoa my framrate doubled!

This is sick! I've been getting about 40 fps all through out the last BWE. Now I'm at 60!

• PravanaPravana Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Mephster
    If you think it is going to be fixed in 4 days keep dreaming. Get your popcorn ready!

Ahh yes the ghost of qq future.  I'll pass on the popcorn. It get stuck in my teeth :(

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Odd, mine stayed the same.

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47

Slightly disheartened after this stresstest. As many pointed out, things that worked perfectly was now bugged. Tradepost (in EU anyway), guild represent/invites, minimap bug not showing party members are the big ones for me. Maybe Trolin Johanson was right and we will see each other ingame on thursday for another test.

graphically I thought the game was at the best I seen, very good looking and superb fps for me. The evade bug was gone for me today which was so irritating the latest tests.

Finally decided on my main and got all keybinds sorted.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Pilut

Slightly disheartened after this stresstest. As many pointed out, things that worked perfectly was now bugged. Tradepost (in EU anyway), guild represent/invites, minimap bug not showing party members are the big ones for me. Maybe Trolin Johanson was right and we will see each other ingame on thursday for another test.

graphically I thought the game was at the best I seen, very good looking and superb fps for me. The evade bug was gone for me today which was so irritating the latest tests.

Finally decided on my main and got all keybinds sorted.

Trading post has been fixed.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by grimal
    Still can't login.  I'm about to give up trying and play some TSW.

Mostly seems to be back up now.  The heroic leap and heartseeker issues seem to be fixed, but the BLTP and grouping still had issues.

They've extended the test for another 2 hours but I'm off to bed, only have to do all this all again in three days and there's plenty of ppls of the EU side trying to break it :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

Hope they fix it otherwise this game is gonna end to the garbage

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

Still can't log in. *shrug*

Originally posted by reignjuste

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

Bad FPS issues? It must be your PC. My FPS is between 40-60 in most places and it's not like I have a super powerful computer or anything.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

What sort of hardware?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • PilutPilut Member Posts: 47

Weird, for me it responds well, not as tight as WoW, but still really really good. Maybe your computer/net cant handle it?

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

To bad most people cant understand it =/

Because their @#$%ing retards. I'm I right?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Pilut

Weird, for me it responds well, not as tight as WoW, but still really really good. Maybe your computer/net cant handle it?

solid 60 fps for me all over with frames capped at 60 using a limiter.. but i got a good system gtx 670 with 2600k @ 4.5 ghz and solid state HD

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Sigh, always getting the message, could not connect to the login server.