Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really can not find a class I like.

JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I've tried just about everything at this point... I like the game as a whole.. but I really can't find a class that clicks with me..

Does that make sense? -shrug-

Comments

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342
    TBH, I don't understand how you could like the game but not the classes. Its pretty fundamental to expeienceing the game....
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Can't really relate, for me I cant find a class that I dont like. I really dont now what Im going to play at release.. every class is just so fking fun.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Hmm, well I didn't like the warrior at first, but after level 11 or 12 I started warming up to it and it's now my overall favorite class. I just had to get used to the style of combat GW2 has going for it.  I admit I don't care for the thief or the Mesmer though.  Maybe it has to do with how long you tried them?
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

This is kind of a pointless thread unless you gave examples of what you did and did not like. 

Keep in mind that each class has multiple play-styles even with just weapons. 

Can make a sniper-warrior, or a burst melle warrior, or a survivability warrior.

Can make a bleed necro, or a support-well bound necro, or a DS focused necro, or a minion necro.

Can make an AoE Elementalist, or a support Ele, or a burst dps Ele.

Can make a turret engi, or a mine+flamethrower fast burst dps engi, or a support engi.

Can make a support/heal Gaurdian, or an AoE lockdown gaurdian, or a tanky Gaurdian.

There is so many different playstyles with each class. And maybe you didn't like the start of the classes, but didn't try out the playstyle of each weapon. I don't like tanky warriors, but LOVE sniper warriors. I remember playing with a guy in Halo2 (Alfodo2) and he was a headshot king, everytime he got a headshot he would yell it. Well for some reason, everyime I would hit my burst rifle shot, I would yell it. I loved it, but hated a GS warrior.

Like I said, give us what you did or didn't like and maybe we can help guide you.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by Purgatus
    TBH, I don't understand how you could like the game but not the classes. Its pretty fundamental to expeienceing the game....

Yeah this is my reaction as well, if anything play a class that's similar to the class you've always played.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

I've tried just about everything at this point... I like the game as a whole.. but I really can't find a class that clicks with me..

How high in levels did you get with each class?

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Can't really relate, for me I cant find a class that I dont like. I really dont now what Im going to play at release.. every class is just so fking fun.

yeah my problem too, i was hoping at this point to have my class picked out. i still have no idea what i am going to play.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by logicwar
    Originally posted by WellzyC

yeah my problem too, i was hoping at this point to have my class picked out. i still have no idea what i am going to play.

^ same found it hard to narrow it down to 5 heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

I have the complete opposite issue.

I like them all so much i can´t choose one  even to save my life.

And the fact i am not an altaholic and the first class i choose usually ends up being my main for ages only adds to the stress.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Lots of SPVP so uh 80 lol.

Everything I try seems to come off very one sided. I struggle to find balance in the builds that I come up with.  My character either lives forever and does pointless damage or does insane damage but feels like one of the most fragile things I have ever made. 

Most of my time at release will be spent in WVW and I have ideas for some builds.. but everything comes down to being highly situational. 

I like the burst and range of the rifle warrior and yet everything about that build seems bland and average. The animations, the skill options, the utility skills. It works, but its also just boring to watch. 

Then there was the engineer, which seemed interesting with grenades... but the only way I could make that work was to turn on instant cast ground target. Which made everything much smoother, but made it nearly impossible to hit moving targets. So I found kinda blah for 1v1.. Yet I still see the benefit of group/WVW play.

The guardian I have trouble justifying at all (for wvw). Everything is melee and their ranged attacks were some of the worst in the game. So while I love the concept of a paladin (which is what it is) I felt like I would have a very reduced role when it came to WVW (keeps, towers, castles and crappy ranged). 

Those are just a few examples.. I suppose I am looking for some jack of trades (not the best at everything) and failing to find what would suit me. 

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

OMG...try the guardian...so much fun.  

And the Engineer...wow so much to do.  

And the Ranger...an exciting choice.  

And the warrior...tough as nails. 

And the mesmer...wow the versatility.  

And the necro...folks should run screaming.  

And the elementalist...who doesn't like playing with fire?

Guess what I'm playing?  heheh

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Everything I try seems to come off very one sided. I struggle to find balance in the builds that I come up with.  My character either lives forever and does pointless damage or does insane damage but feels like one of the most fragile things I have ever made. 

Most of my time at release will be spent in WVW and I have ideas for some builds.. but everything comes down to being highly situational. 

I like the burst and range of the rifle warrior and yet everything about that build seems bland and average. The animations, the skill options, the utility skills. It works it, but its also just boring to watch. 

Then there was the engineer, which seemed interesting with grenades... but the only way I could make that work was to turn on instant cast ground target. Which made everything much smoother, but made it nearly impossible to hit moving targets. So I found kinda blah for 1v1.. Yet I still see the benefit of group/WVW play.

The guardian I have trouble justifying at all (for wvw). Everything is melee and their ranged attacks were some of the worst in the game. So while I love the concept of a paladin (which is what it is) I felt like I would have a very reduced role when it came to WVW (keeps, towers, castles and crappy ranged). 

Those are just a few examples.. I suppose I am looking for some jack of trades (not the best at everything) and failing to find what would suit me. 

seems like Elementalist would suit you well

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

I like the burst and range of the rifle warrior and yet everything about that build seems bland and average. The animations, the skill options, the utility skills. It works it, but its also just boring to watch. 

The thing is, all classes are Jack of all Trades. Each has elements of Damage, Support, and Control. You just have to find the type of Damage, Support, and Control you like.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I've tried just about everything at this point... I like the game as a whole.. but I really can't find a class that clicks with me.. Does that make sense? -shrug-

I can relate. Connection to character is one of the biggest deal breaks for mmorpgs for me.

None of the classes besides the Thief class in gw2 interests me.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

seems like Elementalist would suit you well

dagger/focus bleeder build? I love the survivability you get with dagger/focus, plus you can stack on the bleeds! 

Utilities are tough to pick for that, arcane blast as a finisher, cleansing fire and maybe mist? Add in tornado or racial elite?

It's not a quick burst dps build, but it gives some good consistant dps with better end survivability from the Ele.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

how long have you played each prof? many need time to see the fun side or different weapons.. also PVP isnt the best way to experience a new prof.. you need time to adjust and find out the nuances.

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45

yeh tit make  perfect sence all class are fun oin a way and  even i am undecide wish race and profetion to play on release..but im more foward to asura ele or necro,and thinking do a human mesmer