Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Validate your E-mail" Stress Test

SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
I had to validate my email before logging in. It doesn't seem to work quite well. This was no doubt one of the targets of today's stress test. Sadly, this probably means no playing for me:(

Comments

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Got the same thing, clicked send, got an error message, clicked play anyway and I'm now at character select.

Try pressing play, fingers crossed!

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

I'm having the same issue, my password wont work also which is weird i've never had any issues like this before.

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    I'm having the same problem and it telling to Authorze login on my email but everytime I try it goes to the website and says service not available.
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    My PW doesn't work either. And I've yet to receive a mail. Though, tbh, stress testing these services is really a good idea. Bioware really failed in this department at launch and almost made me stop playing.
  • ChuvarHramaChuvarHrama Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by MadKing

I'm having the same issue, my password wont work also which is weird i've never had any issues like this before.

I have the same password issue, but i changed my e-mail, so i hope they will send me confirmation mail soon :/

Edit: got my confirmation mail, all is good :)

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    I personally will try again in an hour. Good luck to you all! May we see eachother in game!
  • cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108
    The stress test is a failure so far here
  • wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    Mine went through fine, clicked send email it arrived immediately. However due to excess demand I guess, it took a few refreshes with "service not available" coming up a few times. Forgot to darn patch from last test though, so cant play yet either >.< aaaaargh!
  • plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    aye same problem here. it wont authenticate my email address whilst it is similtanousley doenlaod a massive patch even though i was all patched up 20 mins ago

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Gah encountering a rather bizzare issue now I've said it's all fine - some services like speedtest and apparently GW2 think I'm in a totally different city that I really am, and it wants me to authorize access (definitely the login I just tried no hacks and same town they always think it is) but that is failing due to server outages. Heheh.

On Sky in the UK if anyone ever encountered the location chestnut.? Sky no help as expected lol

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

same here.. changed my email address, but didn't get any mail. My password won't work...

edit: got mail, now it works.

Hype train -> Reality

• ShneakyOneShneakyOne Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Well, since GW2 actual site is having a few problems, and I can't login to my account: I figured I would check here. It looks like everyone who tried to change their e-mail got locked out of this beta test :( . At least it's a lot of people, so they will be more inclined to fix it, than if it were an isolated incident. 
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    If you have any password problems, delete your password and retype it. As for the validation, it's because they now give you pre-purchase bonus items, check your in-game mail for those.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Same problems:

- check your email

- checking my email click on the link and it goes to "Service Unavailable"

- retrying and then clicking on back on my browser and then I get "your email was successfully authenticated, please login"

- I click on login and getting "service unavailable"

- I click back and the login screen comes

- login in and I get that I need to authenticate my account

- trying to enter the game and it either fails to authenticate OR says that I should check my firewall settings which doesn't make sense since I was able to play all 3 betas and the first stress test too. -.-

I even checked for the ports in these forums and opened the ones nessecary so it cant be that.

Really hope that through this all their tests will clean bugs and everything cause I know for sure that if I won't be able to login at the 25th because of such issues all hell will break lose. -.-

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

i didn't change my email, but https service is failing 99% of times, and at 100% rate when about to authorize my IP, so i cannot play.

Stress test failed.

Borrow some more servers for launch time because it will be the same mess again.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Having the same. Changed my e-mail, but couldn't log in due to wrong password (which should not be wrong). Now I am awaiting the conformation e-mail on my new adress as well as the reset password e-mail.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

you dont need to validate your email to login.. just hit the login button... they said they are working on the email thing via tiwtter

We're looking into issues related to email authentication. Thank you for bearing with us during this Stress Test. ^RB

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• 2853rob2853rob Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by wartyxwt

Gah encountering a rather bizzare issue now I've said it's all fine - some services like speedtest and apparently GW2 think I'm in a totally different city that I really am, and it wants me to authorize access (definitely the login I just tried no hacks and same town they always think it is) but that is failing due to server outages. Heheh.

On Sky in the UK if anyone ever encountered the location chestnut.? Sky no help as expected lol

I am on the Isle of Wight and my sky location is Bolton!

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    I got the send email thing. Didn't get an email yet, but could log in just fine. Seems it acts preety different.
  • GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

Guys this happened to me for a few minutes. Just keep trying and eventually it will work. I got in after several attempts of having to update my email yet the email was never sent to my email inbox. Just keep trying, you'll get in.

This game BLOWS me AWAY!!!!. The graphics....and combat ...holy shiat!. lols

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Ok watched the "waiting for authentication..." wheel on the screen for a whole around 10 minutes.

Then it brought up that I can't login and thats probably because of some security software, firewall or router which is actually bullshit.

Rinse and repeat and nothing helps while the wheel still keeps going. -.-

Tried to login on the site and it gives me a other error everytime:

- your account is not allowed to enter

- waiting for authentication

- Service Unavailable

Nothing helps so I think I will do the same thing I did in the last two stress tests which will be:

- shut down the pc and go to bed since I have to wake up very early for work and watching the "wheel" on my screen for like 15 minutes in the meantime, is annoying.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

you dont need to validate your email to login.. just hit the login button... they said they are working on the email thing via tiwtter

We're looking into issues related to email authentication. Thank you for bearing with us during this Stress Test. ^RB

For a lot of us we cannot enter unless we choose to validate our email, which isn't working but I had to keep validating it in order to get into the game or the button was grayed out. I eventually got in though. This game made my jaws drop...

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92
    i can log-in but can't validate my email. i dont know why.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

For a lot of us we cannot enter unless we choose to validate our email, which isn't working but I had to keep validating it in order to get into the game or the button was grayed out. I eventually got in though. This game made my jaws drop...

strange it still asks me to validate my email but on the lower right of the launcher it lets me click the PLAY button and logs me right in... but they did just tweet again "Ok, thanks for checking that, we are looking into the password/account issue. Thanks for your patience and for helping us :) ^MK"

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I clicked validate, and logged in right after, without checking my email.