Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excellent game. Too bad its unplayable.

Comments

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Goldknyght
    Originally posted by mymmo
    Have not had one singel of your issues. Been playing f2p Vanguard for like 30 hours. Hopefully you will be able to play :)

To all saying they not seeing what the OP posted is either blind or mental. The game does have a lag to it. It does drop you to CS. Now dont get me wrong the game is a billion times more playable then at launch.  And im still trucking it out in hopes of a fix soon.

I do know about the issues with the fighting animations, the rain not showing up, gaming loading because Ive crossed a chunk.. I do however have not yet run into lag spikes/falling down/mobs killing me from nowever/etc.  

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • RribRrib Member Posts: 49
    Went back today and tried some more crafting. Things went fine for awhile. Then took a crafting quests which told me to talk to 3 npc's. Not even a remote hint where the npc's can be found. Not on the locations list and not selectable pointer in the quests. Asked in area chat and guild chat and pointed in different directions. Then I guess they call it a zone crash? Saw someone else ask if the 'chunk crashed' and then was sent to character select screen.
  • AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

I've come across some fanbois in my life, just as everyone who reads this post has, but I've never met any who simply claim the problems don't exist. It is beyond belief to think you people are being genuine when you say the servers don't lag, and the bugs don't exist. Read chat in the starting zones for 2 minutes and you will see dozens of players none too happy with the server performance.

Also, saying that it is my fault because my pc is configured incorrectly is about the most unqualified statement on here. You must know very little (other than what geek squad fed you) about computers to think configuration has anything to do with it. Unless you are in your bios pushing random buttons,  there isn't much you can do. The machine I built can play Battlefied maxed out in 1080p without a hitch, so unless you can grace us with a more detailed account of what us poor morons are doing wrong when playing a 5 year old game, keep your nonsense generalities to yourself.

As to the guy who said I was making it up because  you are invulnerable when you log on, I can only imagine that you have not tried leveling in the Isle of Dawn since F2P. Try getting yourself deep into the ascension quest only to lag spike and DC, then come back either dead or surrounded by mobs with no where to go because the previouslly cleared space is now occupied by mobs.

This shit happens all the time, no matter how much you fanbois want to close your eyes and shake your heads.

The servers are overloaded and not up to the challenge of the pop boost. The bugs are everywhere, and frustrating as hell. Anyone who says it isn't happening is kidding themselves.

You people remind me of that Iraqi general who said the American Military wasn't in Iraq, meanwhile US tanks were rolling through the streets of Baghdad.

Just because you don't want to ackowledge it, doesn't mean it isn't so.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

all I can say is give it a week or two. it really can be an amazing game. i ran 2 dungeons last night and havent had that much fun in a long time .. well outside of gw2 .. but yea, the dungeons, in groups and the classes in this game make it one of the best games I have played. unfortunately it's laundry list of problems makes it a mediocre game at best.

Id be surprised if the lag wasnt fixed soon .. but then again .. it took years to work out most of the other problems .. so who knows.

it's just too bad .. this game can't catch a break. and it deserves one .. but only 1 probably wont help.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• kulhatkulhat Member Posts: 36

My dose of Vanguard today was: wanted to do some crafting in the dwarven city, so I started my little travel on foot....

Fell through the world and died crossing a little river...

Crashed at the city gate...

Once inside, every npc and some pillars of the city turned to that glowing error thing....

... quit and shaked my head.

Fun with Sony ... sighs :)

Originally posted by azmundai

all I can say is give it a week or two. it really can be an amazing game. i ran 2 dungeons last night and havent had that much fun in a long time .. well outside of gw2 .. but yea, the dungeons, in groups and the classes in this game make it one of the best games I have played. unfortunately it's laundry list of problems makes it a mediocre game at best.

Id be surprised if the lag wasnt fixed soon .. but then again .. it took years to work out most of the other problems .. so who knows.

it's just too bad .. this game can't catch a break. and it deserves one .. but only 1 probably wont help.

I'm trying real had to give it a decent chance. Finially found the npc's from the crafting quest mentioned above. The last one was hidden in a tree behind a door - oh brother! After finding him the 'social server' crashed. People in-game and out are still talking about the same problems from three years ago.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Turn AA to x16 it removes the combat/UI lag people are getting.
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Ive crashed twice in the last week but no complaints here. Runs fine after the initial load.

Crashed again for 2nd time tonight. Was crafting, began to experiance 2 and 3 second delays while crafting. Then the game froze and then sent me to the character screen. Social server was up and down and number of times.

What could you possibly mean by setting AA to x16?

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

only issues for me so far

being stuck inside building walls at log in - /stuck takes care of that

the same ol' zone change lag

(and i suppose the great deal of time it takes for the game to actually take off on log in - just let it sit for a few minutes before trying to move/look around - primitive but able to manage)

3rd crash of the night crafting in tanva
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    The only issue I have noticed is the strange lag which occurs every once in awhile which pretty much brings gameplay to a standstill until it passes or until it boots you off the server.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Odd, I never really had many problems outside of a few zones where I had any issues back when I played. Hopefully they get things fixed, but I doubt it will be completely bug-free any time soon.
  • ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Originally posted by Mothanos
    If bugs are still not fixed within 3 years it means developers are to incompetand to fix the buggs.
    Wich means they are bad realy realy realy bad, wich means /uninstal.

Seen to many bad shit happen and i can live with bugs when i know they get fixed, if things dont get fixed iam out.

Lots of choice these days and with Planetside 2 / Guildwars 2 / AA in the horizon etc etc etc we can spend our time on better games.

The problem with the game is that it is programmed in a way that is beyond any fixable state.
    They developers had passion and spirit but no experience and afair they had to ask for SOE poeple to get their mess halfway ready for a disastrous release.
    Some regions were thoroughly tested and polished while others rushed into the game - in these regions you will usually have lag, stutter, fall through the world and everything else bad that can happen.
    SOE also had the development team for Vanguard understuffed for years to go and afaik it had at times only a time shared developer of EQ or EQ2.
    Its a great game if it runs - it is old by todays standards - its probably still hard - and the wasted years wont come back - enjoy it for what it is and test your luck unning it.

Have Fun!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by quasar941

This is pretty much my take on it too. Too many of the same bugs that killed VG when it was launched are still there. Huge performance issues even on very capable hardware, massive lag spikes, constantly crashing zones and broken quests are just a few of the things that make me not want to play this game.

I can only speak for myself, but using my newly built, midrange system (i5 3570K OC'ed 4.2, GTX 560ti 448 cores, 8GB 1600mhz RAM, and a 128GB Samsung 830 SSD), I've been able to run the game at maxed out settings with a very consistent 60fps, even in cities. To say that this game has "huge performance issues even on very capable hardware" is an exaggeration to say the least. It handles better than most mmos with graphics of this scale, at least in my experience.

It does have bugs and lag issues from time to time though. Hopefully, now that the game is getting some well-deserved attention, they will iron some of that stuff out soon.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by alacres

Originally posted by quasar941 This is pretty much my take on it too. Too many of the same bugs that killed VG when it was launched are still there. Huge performance issues even on very capable hardware, massive lag spikes, constantly crashing zones and broken quests are just a few of the things that make me not want to play this game.
    I can only speak for myself, but using my newly built, midrange system (i5 3570K OC'ed 4.2, GTX 560ti 448 cores, 8GB 1600mhz RAM, and a 128GB Samsung 830 SSD), I've been able to run the game at maxed out settings with a very consistent 60fps, even in cities. To say that this game has "huge performance issues even on very capable hardware" is an exaggeration to say the least. It handles better than most mmos with graphics of this scale, at least in my experience.

It does have bugs and lag issues from time to time though. Hopefully, now that the game is getting some well-deserved attention, they will iron some of that stuff out soon.

When I can run TSW, EQ2, AOC, Aion, Rift, etc at the very highest settings with no issues but VG stutters and farts along, I am inclined to believe that it is the game and not my system that it at fault.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    Originally posted by Everket

A real damn shame, and you would think that if they actually enjoyed the game they would give it some time, as I'm sure it will improve.

They've had over five years to 'improve' things.  How much more time are people meant to give them?

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

The lag was bad, but it gets much better outside the initial Isle (which you can choose to not go to).

Also be careful in buying unlockers as there is a bug that takes everything you unlock and reverts it back to being locked. Petition and they will reimburse you new unlockers but it only repeats itself.

Just hold back on unlocking anything until the bug is fixed imho.

Otherwise, it's an incredible game, seriously wish I had gotten involved with it years prior, but yeah, hindsight.

I've been enjoying it, and it will be most likely my secondary behind GW2 going forward...

until NWN releases, lol.

Played for about 20 minutes last night without incedents. This morning I logged back on to attemp to finish this crafting level. I got 1 workorder done before the Tanvu chunk (or is it the whole server?) crashed again.
  • CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Shoju

They've had over five years to 'improve' things.  How much more time are people meant to give them?

The game was in maintenance-mode for the bulk of that time.

Originally posted by CasualMaker
    Originally posted by Shoju

The game was in maintenance-mode for the bulk of that time.

Must be in maintenance-mode this morning too - getting 504 gateway timeout and can't load it.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by William12
    Turn AA to x16 it removes the combat/UI lag people are getting.

Quality SOE programming at it's best!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

OP title is wrong..... An excelent game that is not playable is NOT excelent in any way......

it could have been excelent if SOE did it right..... but they messed it up

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by quasar941

Originally posted by alacres

Originally posted by quasar941 This is pretty much my take on it too. Too many of the same bugs that killed VG when it was launched are still there. Huge performance issues even on very capable hardware, massive lag spikes, constantly crashing zones and broken quests are just a few of the things that make me not want to play this game.

When I can run TSW, EQ2, AOC, Aion, Rift, etc at the very highest settings with no issues but VG stutters and farts along, I am inclined to believe that it is the game and not my system that it at fault.

Vanguard reders more, has a bigger world, and in many cases, has better graphics than those games, as well as allowing more people in the same area, so I'd be inclined to agree. Though, I managed to run Vanguard on an old 7950 back at launch, and stability has only improved since then.

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by rojo6934

OP title is wrong..... An excelent game that is not playable is NOT excelent in any way......

it could have been excelent if SOE did it right..... but they messed it up

What are you all on about? I've been playing every night. Once a chunk crashed on me, ONCE in the last 2 weeks. Are you all starting on the horrible isle of dawn?