I elected not to sub after the 30 day period included with game purchase expired. Here is why:
- In less than 30 days I'd made it 1/2 way through Transylvania. I did not skip cut scenes, did every quest i could find in the prior zones, ran the dungeons. So don't claim I skipped content or rushed. It is what it is - the content runs out pretty quickly unless you are the type of player who only plays a few hours every other day.
- Novelty of quests wore thin. Early zones - kill zombies, build items, fight a boss. Middle zones - kill mummies and cultists, build items, fight a boss. Trans - kill vampires and their minions, build items, fight a boss. By the time you get through much of Transylvania the encounters begin to feel the same as what you have already experienced.
- Game is not designed for alts - not much unique content for factions aside from starter city. So no real incentive for a Templar to roll a Dragon, for example, unless its for specific PVP needs. I see this as a major flaw - throw everyone in the same exact zones with the same exact missions = faction choice really does not make any difference.
- PVP is pretty bad in this game.
- Puzzle and investigations - something hyped - are not terribly difficult or exciting. The translation of hebrew text was the hardest thing I ran into.
- Games zone population is starting to fall off with many players in Agartha spamming LFG NM mode.
- Instances are fun the first time through. Run them on higher difficulty and they are the same as they were only bosses have more HP. If you want the best gear - your choice to grind woeful PVP matches and zerg around Fusang or grind dungeons over and over on NM mode. Content gets very stale.
- No way Funcom can release enough monthly content to stay ahead of the curve. People will consume the content long before the month is up. Then what?
- Funcom is in trouble as a company. Rumors that monthly content drops may move to quarterly. Layoffs. Discussion of possible move to F2P - not promising signs.
- Bugs - a lot of them. Being fixed over time but might be the buggiest release I've seen and I've been playing MMOs for over a decade.
- The graphics are nice enough but I have a hard time understanding why this game is so resource and graphic card intensive. For sure there are memory leaks that lead to CTDs over many hours of play. Games uses a lot of memory and pushes the limits on older 32 bit systems. I don't really see anything in game that accounts for this high resource usage. Something odd here.
Fun game, nice concept, but not worth a sub in my opinion.