Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will you spend trait points?

WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66

Because the trinity roles don't exist in GW2, it may not be advisable to roll a glass cannon (nuker) or pure meat shield (tank). (Or is it?) I expect all classes to be able to fend for themselves and have enough vitality (HP) as well as toughness (armor).

Comments

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66
    Sorry, I forgot the 5th option (show me the results). I can keep track for you.
  • AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I'm not really sure how I will spend, but I must say that this got me quite excited for spending them.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Base stats at 80 are:

Power :916

Precision :916

Toughness :916

Vitality :916

Attack :916

WeaponDamage :0

ConditionDamage :0

CritChance :4

CritDamage :0

Armor :2127

Defense :0

HP :10805

Healing :0

Full stats (sPvP or full Legendary/Exotic gear) as an example - focus on Power/Vitality/Toughness

Power :2139

Precision :916

Toughness :1700

Vitality :1910

Attack :3256

WeaponDamage :1117

ConditionDamage :0

CritChance :4

CritDamage :0

Armor :2911

Defense :784

HP :20745

Healing :300

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    So you can see with my above post, focusing on a pair of stats or trio via Traits gives you HUGE difference, but gear is a big component.
  • LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    I think its more on how many major traits people want in each line tbh my warrior will probabely go 15 defence 30 tactics 25 discipline
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Well my first character, my ranger, I'll be spending most of my points in survival and the beast master trait line. I tried it in the beta and I really liked the results of it.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    precision/toughness/malice.   20-30-20.   Was my favorite build on mesmer in spvp.  It's survivability, condition and boon focused.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube