Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is everyone a charr? What race will you play?

Comments

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121

As someone who did not beta test what-so-ever - I will probably try out several.

That being said - Charr Warrior has intersted me, but I assumed everyone and their mother would have one which was holding me back - perhaps if this poll holds any truth, that may not be the case.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Actually, the Charr is the least played race according to multiple polls I've seen, including Gw2census.

Humans are still most popular.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

I will play with a human, it may be 250 years later and in order to make an unpopular alliance in these hard times the human nobility has fabricated a lie to blame the king for blowing ascalon up as a means to get support from the good people of queensdale, however i still believe my ancestors handed down stories told the truth in the hardships caused by the filthy charr destroying ascalon and in their pursuit of my ancestors they tried to make man extinct...

For me it is an uneasy alliance and when fighting along side a charr i will be all to careful to watch for an arrow or a sword to my back....

Playing GW2..

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Charr warrior.  I could care less if you see my animations a mile away, there is just something about a big mean toothy animal man with heavy armor and a plethora of weapons that just screams awesome in my book.  I also like their lore, starting areas, personal quest chains, city, looks, and focus on steampunk (I am tired of typical mideival fantasy mmo's).

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Asura, I always like the smallest race for pvp.

I've always heard playing small races tends to last longer in PvP because people tend to eye glance taller races because they are more noticable. I'm gonna have to try out the asura and see if it works out.

Least noticed and you can hide behind others and in small bushes/trees/hills etc. Usually able to fire off at ranged and have someone half dead or dead before they notice it, heh.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Norn and Sylvari. :)

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Well, out of the personal stories I tried the Charr seemed the most interesting, but I prefer human animations and I have an itching for a warrior Norn and a Sylvari thief.

So in other words, I haven't a clue yet :D

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282
    For my Main, I will be Norn. If I make alts and I probably will, I might make a Human and Asura. I'm not too fond of Char and Sylvari.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by FealStyrm
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Asura, I always like the smallest race for pvp.

I've always heard playing small races tends to last longer in PvP because people tend to eye glance taller races because they are more noticable. I'm gonna have to try out the asura and see if it works out.

In daoc this was true. You couldn't see them because of the hills and bushes and bumps in the terrain.

I used to paint my armor green on my eldrich (magelike) and wear pants(makes you look like a rogue or something else not as one-shottable) instead of robes to hide in the trees and to blend in with the grass.

The good old days of Dark Age of Camelot. Boy do I miss the days when mmo's were a niche. =]

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Human or Norn. Probabl Human.

Normally I play elves but can't get into the Sylvari.

Still not decided on class. either guardian or warrior. I like the elementalist as well so probably one of those.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

I'm not sure what race I'll pick first.  I know I definitely won't be a dirty human.  I just can't get into religiously themed stuff that well.

I know I want to play a Guardian, but for the life of me I can't figure out what race I'll want him to be.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Human first, others later.

Probably going to avoid Charr, not my style.

• DrWookieDrWookie Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    i've seen more humans then anything. Its weird, play a fantasy game where you can be anything, pick the same thing you are in real life. doesn't make sense to me.

...Last I checked I walk around town with a rifle, laying gun turrets and mines on the ground. Just because we choose human doesn't mean we are being the "same thing" we are in real life. It's not like if I pick Asura or Charr I'm really convinced that I "AM" an asura or charr. It's still just on my computer screen, nothing more.

That said I'll likely do a Human Engineer, Asuran Guardian, Sylvari Mesmer, Norn Necro, Charr Ranger. Maybe Asuran thief as well.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    was going to go sylvari but I realized I don't like the look of armor on them.  decided on Human due to the cultural armor actually
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I think i will go with the Norn, something about looking like a Viking it enticing
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I've decided to create one of every race to fill up all 5 of my slots. That way I can play them all at the same time (ok not literally at exactly the same time but you know what I mean) and not get bored doing the same starting zone over and over again. I think it will be a lot of fun.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    didnt expect to play asura but i tried it BWE3 and the character animations were just amazing.  

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Charr

Charr Ranger   image

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Gonzomike
    Asura necro ftw!

Same ^_^

RIP Orc Choppa

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Every race except charr (well very maybe once I run out of character slots and want to try the other classes left over that I didn't roll yet I'll reconsider buying charr slots).

My 2 mains will be Sylvari (ele) and Asura (engi). 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Charr

Ever since I first saw the Charr in Guild Wars...I was "I totally want to be that race"

And I love the look of the Engineer.

So...Char Engineer :D

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    I would play a Norn if we actually had a smaller, less board shoulder physique.  It jsut looks unnaturally muscle bound for me.  So in the meantime I'll be playing a Human, besides I really enjoyed Divinitys Reach.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Archeangel
    So far my list of characters includes 2 sylvari, 2 norn, 2 human, an asura, and a charr. I keep juggling around what prof/combos they will be though. I have a spreadsheet detailing 9 different character lists with names and question answers included.

ROFL....to each their own, but this kind of thing just sucks the life out of games.  I don't know why anyone would do such a thing.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Every poll i've seen puts charr in the bottom 2
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Silly question. Norn of course.

Well, I will have alts that cover the rest of the races but that doesn't mean that Norn's aren't the best. :)

All die, so die well.