Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Another move by Blizzard: Diablo 3 1.0.4 patch to release the week before GW2 launch

2

Comments

  • fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,667Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    "I tried to care, but I took an error 37 to the knee."

    No one should mention the name of the almighty error Error 37!

    Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

  • ariboersmaariboersma Yankton, SDPosts: 1,802Member
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

    I know GW2 fans think everything evolves around "their" game... 

    Counter Strike Global offensive also has official release today, maybe it's to stop GW2 from growing also.. 

    Not everyone cares about GW2 contrary to a GW2 fans belief.

     

    P.S. hunger games also comes out on Blue Ray this week, i'm sure that's because GW2 is coming out ...

    FYI Blizzard has a HISTORY of doing this, they wait to release content until they find out what competitiors or releasing and when.. you can go back and look at the history of each BLizzard release and see it. We spoke about it everytime while playing WoW. Also I really think they moved D3 patch up a week because it was scheduled to come out at the same time as the MoP pre patch until they realized that was kicking themselves in the ass there.

    image

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member
    Originally posted by ariboersma

    FYI Blizzard has a HISTORY of doing this, they wait to release content until they find out what competitiors or releasing and when.. you can go back and look at the history of each BLizzard release and see it. We spoke about it everytime while playing WoW. Also I really think they moved D3 patch up a week because it was scheduled to come out at the same time as the MoP pre patch until they realized that was kicking themselves in the ass there.

    FYI people have a history of being illogical idiots.

     

    This will mark the first major MMO release that Blizzard has done anything within even 3 weeks of.  If they were timing things, how come a lot of these coincidences happen a month AFTER the release?  That doesnt make ANY sense, the point would be to get people to not try something, so why wait til after?  Why time something a month away as opposed to the same week?  If they are actually timing stuff to coincide with releases they are doing the worst job imagineable at it.

     

     

  • TreekodarTreekodar jlkjklPosts: 524Member
    Releasing ANYTHING around the release of GW2 is some kind of "desperate move".

    Eleanor Rigby.

  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member
    Originally posted by lightblade

    http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/diablo-3-patch-104-release-date-revealed

    This is probably old news, but I don't think it's posted here yet.

    Well guys, I guess that makes it official. With this one-two punch of the D3 patch right before launch and the release of MoP a month after, we can safely say that GW2 is DOOOOOOOOMMMMMED.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • xalvixalvi brooklyn, NYPosts: 329Member
    Seems like they are very desperate...
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy louisville, COPosts: 2,053Member
    Doomed for sure. I might as well go back to playing Minesweeper.
  • vmopedvmoped Athens, GAPosts: 1,708Member
    Originally posted by lightblade

    http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/diablo-3-patch-104-release-date-revealed

    This is probably old news, but I don't think it's posted here yet.

     ...um ok...

    It gives me something to do after todays stress test prior to headstart (if it keeps my interest that long).

    Now the hunger games coming out on blue ray with the new counterstrike add on... hm... it does seem to be some sort of global GW2 destruction conspiracy as has been stated earlier in this thread... yea... GW2 is done bruh! 

    ;}

    Cheers!

    MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

  • IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member
    blizzard will lose, guild wars 2 is much better than anything their uncreative minds can come up with.
  • Trav24Trav24 Phoenix, AZPosts: 6Member
    lol im glad they're releasing it now. Im so tired of looking at GW2 videos and wishing for the 25th to HURRY UP AND GET HEREimage. Now i have something to do til the 25th.image
  • TreekodarTreekodar jlkjklPosts: 524Member
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    blizzard will lose, guild wars 2 is much better than anything their uncreative minds can come up with.

    Yeah, such as wolves and spells and and.. oh.

    Eleanor Rigby.

  • ValuaValua LiverpoolPosts: 520Member
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

    I know GW2 fans think everything evolves around "their" game... 

    Counter Strike Global offensive also has official release today, maybe it's to stop GW2 from growing also.. 

    Not everyone cares about GW2 contrary to a GW2 fans belief.

     

    P.S. hunger games also comes out on Blue Ray this week, i'm sure that's because GW2 is coming out ...

    And none of your mentioned releases has any affect on Blizzard. It has been known and shown that Blizzard does do these type of things around actual competitors timelines, not movies and games not even in the MMO genre. So in essence, I am not the least bit surprised by anything Blizzard tries to do anymore and no I don't think everyting Bliz does is planned to make waves for the competitiors, but it isn't a coincidence either. 

     

    This is actually not true.

    Blizzard has NEVER released a patch/expansion on the release date of a big MMO. Not ever.

    This is a made up fact. Google it, find our for yourself.

    They might have released a patch/expansion close to the release date, but never on it.

     

     

    Also, my newphew is supposed to be born this week, must be because GW2 is coming out around the same time!

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member
    Originally posted by vmoped
    Originally posted by lightblade

    http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/diablo-3-patch-104-release-date-revealed

    This is probably old news, but I don't think it's posted here yet.

     ...um ok...

    It gives me something to do after todays stress test prior to headstart (if it keeps my interest that long).

    Now the hunger games coming out on blue ray with the new counterstrike add on... hm... it does seem to be some sort of global GW2 destruction conspiracy as has been stated earlier in this thread... yea... GW2 is done bruh! 

    ;}

    Cheers!

    wait counterstrike released an addon a week before gw2????  They must be desperate to do that!

  • OurielOuriel SkopjePosts: 72Member

    So what? How will this patch affect Guild Wars 2? And why do you care so much about these kind of things? There've been countless about such things and I can never get people why are so concerned about something like this? Does it hurt you? No? Then what is the urge to make a thread like this one?

    Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 are two different games and genres and on top of all that, Diablo 3 is a B2P game, not a P2P to have any direct impact on Guild Wars 2, even if it has, it is none of your concern or something that you should worry about.
    Guild Wars 2 will suffer nothing since it's a one-time-buy game, so I don't see why people can't play two games at a time?


    Seriously, MMORPG.com is overcrowded with Guild Wars 2 posts. Fanboys and haters most often fight and there are few objective, reasonable and racional posters and that's all about it.

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

    I just realized...MADDEN IS BEING RELEASED SAME DAY AS GW2

    EA is desperate!

  • IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member
    Originally posted by teakbois

    I just realized...MADDEN IS BEING RELEASED SAME DAY AS GW2

    EA is desperate!

    Nope EA is just evil.

  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member

    I can guarantee you'll never see an ANet Dev call another dev from a competitors studio a "fucking loser" (paraphrasing).

    Yep, I went there.

  • Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero BendigoPosts: 127Member


    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I had bought D3 to try and keep me busy until gw2 came out. I like d2 and thought it was a sure bet. Little did I realize how shallow of a game d3 is though, only keeping me interested for about a month.I know blizzard is trying to right a sinking ship but thIs patch does nothing. The people that will stick around or come back are waiting for pvp. Not another hamster wheel in the hamster wheel that they currently got.

    lmfao so true!

    +1000

    image

  • MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member
    Originally posted by Slyther_Zero

     


    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I had bought D3 to try and keep me busy until gw2 came out. I like d2 and thought it was a sure bet. Little did I realize how shallow of a game d3 is though, only keeping me interested for about a month.I know blizzard is trying to right a sinking ship but thIs patch does nothing. The people that will stick around or come back are waiting for pvp. Not another hamster wheel in the hamster wheel that they currently got.

     

    lmfao so true!

    +1000

    Makes you wonder if Titan is going to matter.  Everyone just assumed Blizzard would kill it with Diablo 3, and they didn't.  No game company is safe.

    A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

  • IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member
    I don't feel dirty buying a product from Arena-net like i do from EA or blizzard.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Woodstock, GAPosts: 1,379Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

    I know GW2 fans think everything evolves around "their" game... 

    Counter Strike Global offensive also has official release today, maybe it's to stop GW2 from growing also.. 

    Not everyone cares about GW2 contrary to a GW2 fans belief.

     

    P.S. hunger games also comes out on Blue Ray this week, i'm sure that's because GW2 is coming out ...

    And none of your mentioned releases has any affect on Blizzard. It has been known and shown that Blizzard does do these type of things around actual competitors timelines, not movies and games not even in the MMO genre. So in essence, I am not the least bit surprised by anything Blizzard tries to do anymore and no I don't think everyting Bliz does is planned to make waves for the competitiors, but it isn't a coincidence either. 

     

    This is actually not true.

    Blizzard has NEVER released a patch/expansion on the release date of a big MMO. Not ever.

    This is a made up fact. Google it, find our for yourself.

    They might have released a patch/expansion close to the release date, but never on it.

     

     

    Also, my newphew is supposed to be born this week, must be because GW2 is coming out around the same time!

    Ok Valua, since you quoted me and said I was inaccurate, show me where I said anything about releasing patches/expansions on release dates. I didn't and I highlighted for you what was stated. As to your last comment, it shows where your mindset is. Les on facts and more on attack. 

    RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

  • DerrosDerros Posts: 1,077Member Uncommon
    So...basically blizzard has given me something to do for the next few days, that I dont have to spend any more money for, and truthfully I can play at the same time as GW2...great.
  • Originally posted by gbooster

    They are also releasing a new WoW patch on Guild Wars 2 launch. I think the Diablo patch will take away more WoW players than Guild Wars players.

    What's going to hurt GW2's active player numbers more than anything is Mists of Pandaria next month.

    I normally don't respond to these type of threads, but you know... I just had to respond to this comment.  GW2 has one major thing going for them that other people are either overlooking, or just ignoring in their fanboyism crusades.  Note that I am not calling the quoted person a fanboy, just that the fanboys in general seem to think this.

    GW2 does NOT run off subs.  They do not need subs, and their revenue is not based off of subs.  So why am I saying this?  Well, if you look at it from a business standpoint and to italacized part above, its the comment about "active" player numbers.  As GW2 does not run off of subs, they make all their money off their box sales from the start with the CS providing a much smaller but steady flow of income.  That's it.

    So from a business standpoint, I highly doubt ANet as a company (note company, not the individual game devs) really care if blizzard steals "active" players.  What it boils down to is this:  GW2 will have a months head start on MoP, or close to it.  For those people who buy the game to either A) try it out or B) Tide them over till MoP have already served their function in making the game a success.

    So all those people who are bored of wow, but buy GW2 to tide them over until MoP comes out (and there are far more of these people tha you think)?  It doesn't matter if they stay or not.  GW2 is already a success from the simple fact they bought the box.

     

    Just had to toss that out.

  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member
    Originally posted by Cervani
    Originally posted by gbooster

    They are also releasing a new WoW patch on Guild Wars 2 launch. I think the Diablo patch will take away more WoW players than Guild Wars players.

    What's going to hurt GW2's active player numbers more than anything is Mists of Pandaria next month.

    I normally don't respond to these type of threads, but you know... I just had to respond to this comment.  GW2 has one major thing going for them that other people are either overlooking, or just ignoring in their fanboyism crusades.  Note that I am not calling the quoted person a fanboy, just that the fanboys in general seem to think this.

    GW2 does NOT run off subs.  They do not need subs, and their revenue is not based off of subs.  So why am I saying this?  Well, if you look at it from a business standpoint and to italacized part above, its the comment about "active" player numbers.  As GW2 does not run off of subs, they make all their money off their box sales from the start with the CS providing a much smaller but steady flow of income.  That's it.

    So from a business standpoint, I highly doubt ANet as a company (note company, not the individual game devs) really care if blizzard steals "active" players.  What it boils down to is this:  GW2 will have a months head start on MoP, or close to it.  For those people who buy the game to either A) try it out or B) Tide them over till MoP have already served their function in making the game a success.

    So all those people who are bored of wow, but buy GW2 to tide them over until MoP comes out (and there are far more of these people tha you think)?  It doesn't matter if they stay or not.  GW2 is already a success from the simple fact they bought the box.

     

    Just had to toss that out.

    Yeah this whole idea of either game being a threat to the other is pretty silly as a decent percentage of players who will buy MoP will also purchase GW2, just as they also purchased SWTOR, Diablo 3, Tera, The Secert World, and any other shiny distraction that came down the pipe.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • ariboersmaariboersma Yankton, SDPosts: 1,802Member
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by ariboersma

    FYI Blizzard has a HISTORY of doing this, they wait to release content until they find out what competitiors or releasing and when.. you can go back and look at the history of each BLizzard release and see it. We spoke about it everytime while playing WoW. Also I really think they moved D3 patch up a week because it was scheduled to come out at the same time as the MoP pre patch until they realized that was kicking themselves in the ass there.

    FYI people have a history of being illogical idiots.

     

    This will mark the first major MMO release that Blizzard has done anything within even 3 weeks of.  If they were timing things, how come a lot of these coincidences happen a month AFTER the release?  That doesnt make ANY sense, the point would be to get people to not try something, so why wait til after?  Why time something a month away as opposed to the same week?  If they are actually timing stuff to coincide with releases they are doing the worst job imagineable at it.

    hmmm AoC, Aion, Rift.. pretty sure those were all major and those are just off the top of my head because I activily played wow and bought 2 of those games and played in several betas for the 3rd. Just because you want to be delusional doesn't mean you have to be a jerk to those with the correct info.

    patch 2.4.2 May 13, 2008 sets up the changes soon for WotLK ,AoC release May 20, 2008

    patch 3.2.2 Sept 22, 2009 content patch including the revamp of Onyxia, Aion release date of NA Sept 22, 2009

    Rift got a bit of a break, but a huge content patch 4.1.0 came out less than 2 months ofter its release. Let me remind you tho of all the hullabaloo that goes on before a wow content patch via MMOchampion.com and Blizzard themselves. 

    If you want to verify you can use the wiki and Wowpedia.org like I did. Trust me as a long term WoW player.. its common knowledge what Blizzard does.

    There is the proof for Valua as well

    image

2
Sign In or Register to comment.