Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to play with friends?

FeridlyinFeridlyin Member Posts: 10

Ok so this headstart some friends and I are planning to LAN all weekend to play GW2.  What is the best way to meet up with each other in game? 

We might all play different races, but I've heard it's no big deal to go to other races starting areas. How do we go about this at the beginning of the game? Just wondering since during the BWEs I stuck to my races starter area.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    goto your capital city - goto Lions Arch asura gate - pick racial city gate of choice
  • FeridlyinFeridlyin Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Nadia
    goto your capital city - goto Lions Arch asura gate - pick racial city gate of choice

Thank you =).

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

The easiest possible way to meet up in game is to do the following;

- Start a party and invite everyone.
    - Open the Hero Panel and click on the crossed swords (denoting the sPvP tab) and go to the Heart of the Mists.
    - Complete the tutorial heart quest.
    - Go into the 'main' part of the Heart of the Mists and enter the Asura portal that leads to Lions Arch.

From there, you'll be able to meet up and find a place with 5 portals, leading to each races' capital city, which is right next to the newbie zones.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Screw that.  I refuse to use the Lion's Arch asura gate and especially insta teleporting to the Heart of the Mists to get anywhere before I first travel to LA on foot!

Don't get me wrong, I've warmed to waypoint teleportation.  But there's something about old school exploration and the journey on foot to the main cities for the first time that holds a special place in my heart.  

• FeridlyinFeridlyin Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Homitu

Screw that.  I refuse to use the Lion's Arch asura gate and especially insta teleporting to the Heart of the Mists to get anywhere before I first travel to LA on foot!

Don't get me wrong, I've warmed to waypoint teleportation.  But there's something about old school exploration and the journey on foot to the main cities for the first time that holds a special place in my heart.  

That's cool. You play how you want to play. I prefer to play with friends.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Also, add your friend's names on your contact list which is doable at the character selection screen before even making your first character. That way you won't have to search for your friends, in case the names they wanted were taken etc

Edit: add your friend display name, their account name which is in the form of: name.xxxx (don't forget the 4 numbers)

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums