Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol what ? account banned after posting 3 times negatively about GW2 ?

13»

Comments

• coretestercoretester Member Posts: 64
    North Korea will return to it's usual terrible self after they realize their new leader is as horrible as their last. Do not worry.
  • KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by coretester
    North Korea will return to it's usual terrible self after they realize their new leader is as horrible as their last. Do not worry.

If it is really important to you they can't really ban you. Reset your IP address, make a fictional email account and post again, they won't even know its you. There are other ways to do this as well, that is just the simplest. i was actually going to do that but then decided it wasn't worth it after examining my motivations. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by okivehadit
    wtf lol, so my last account was banned after i added me 2 cents to a few of these posts, mostly what i felt was negatives about GW2 , now lo and behold its banned ??? wtf GW2 fanbois even in the admin ? really i would love to know why i got banned hahahahaha

Got banned, check.
    Made a new account to post about getting banned, check.
    Professes to not understand why the ban happened, check.
    Blames ban on people liking a game, check.

There's at least one of these per game per release, so we have at least reached our quota.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

trolling/flaming isnt considered critisism, thus the ban and rightfully so, the forums are already littered with trolls as it is. And judging by your thread, on the GW2 forums and about GW2, it's obvious you were trolling to begin with. (same goes with any of the game sub-forums)

Good job staff! Keep up the good work!

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Problem is, by calling a troll a troll I think that counts as baiting, which ends up in all negativety.

I think they call it "retaliation" (that reason is in the list when you report a post), and I think it's a very good think that it's forbidden. It takes some time to adapt, but soon enough, you learn to use "report" instead of calling someone a troll, and the forums are much cleaner.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by lizardbones

wtf lol, so my last account was banned after i added me 2 cents to a few of these posts, mostly what i felt was negatives about GW2 , now lo and behold its banned ??? wtf GW2 fanbois even in the admin ? really i would love to know why i got banned hahahahaha

Got banned, check.
    Made a new account to post about getting banned, check.
    Professes to not understand why the ban happened, check.
    Blames ban on people liking a game, check.

There's at least one of these per game per release, so we have at least reached our quota.

Qouta is gonna be closer to a good 30 or 40 of these. what you got there is close to a MMO release bingo.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

You probably have been banned for Flaming, and you surelly had some warnings for it, myself have 1 and since then i did not flame again, see? its not that hard.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Problem is, by calling a troll a troll I think that counts as baiting, which ends up in all negativety.

I think they call it "retaliation" (that reason is in the list when you report a post), and I think it's a very good think that it's forbidden. It takes some time to adapt, but soon enough, you learn to use "report" instead of calling someone a troll, and the forums are much cleaner.

Except the report function is a terrible substitute for actual active mods. Trolls get a lot more leeway with a report function even being able to bait and report others with it. It can also take things out of context very easily. Mods that are active in the community are the best way to battle trolling, which mmorpg.com doesn't have. The coverage of the mods is actually severely lacking during certain hours.

With active mods baiting can be nipped in the butt and prevents things getting out of hand. It's as simple as that.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by zellmer

If you did it about Secret World you probably would have gotten banned after 2.

Nah I've attacked TSW several times and not even a warning. But I try to do it in a constructive way to avoid the banhammer. Well I go off on the payment model (sub+cash shop) so maybe I've avoided it because I dont have anything to say about the game itself lol.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

So i'm curious what his other posts and account was hmmm. was he the one posting "yeah i played GW2 bwe's but i couldn't get past the hype/p2w" type poster or one of those that just outright calls all the players of the game stupid for pre-ordering it. Maybe he called someone a fanboi one too many times. who knows.

I was beginning to wonder about some of these sneak posts in the forums lately, nice to see the mods stepping in.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

Conspiracy? Yeah, right...

Guy probably didn't even read email with ban reasons.

I'm sure, he either used bad language, or talked bad about someone, and was to worked up, to even realize it himself.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

how old are you, 5? i have started several negative threads about gw2, the only difference is I don't start it off with "gw2 sucks, i hate gw2 fanbois."

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by lilHeala
    As learned by life experience: It's often not what you say but how you say it ;)

Ditto! [From one who learned the hard way - in RL.]

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The fact that you even posted this shows that you deserved what you got.  It's against the rules of these boards to create threads to question the mods - yet you did it any way.

You didn't post this to find out anything. You can simply email them and they will gladly answer why - in fact, I'm sure they already told you what you did in the email that banned you.

You may have tossed in your 2 cents, but it was likely dipped in poison.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Thats why i almost only make positive remarks on forums... if i dont have anything nice to say then just keep it too myself. or else they call that trolling...
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by ellobo29
    Thats why i almost only make positive remarks on forums... if i dont have anything nice to say then just keep it too myself. or else they call that trolling...

That takes half the fun out of posting.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

PM the mod or reply to the email. It may help.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by gessekai332

how old are you, 5? i have started several negative threads about gw2, the only difference is I don't start it off with "gw2 sucks, i hate gw2 fanbois."

That right there could be considered a personal attack and against the RoC. Just saying, everything you write is subject to ban, and if the guy felt like it was an attack he could easily report you.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by ellobo29

Evil prospers when good men do nothing. A bit dramatic, but the sentiment is correct. :)

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410
    Judging by the content and grammar, I believe this is the guy who had the "girlfriend and/or wife with 6 year old son" whose significant other was bad at WoW PvP even with full gear, but really good as an elementalist in GW2...
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by gessekai332

That right there could be considered a personal attack and against the RoC. Just saying, everything you write is subject to ban, and if the guy felt like it was an attack he could easily report you.

Yep.

A couple posters in here that could get modded for their comments. Can be pretty subjective pending on who is monitoring the boards at times.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The forums are not the place to handle this situation. Email or message MikeB, he can review a moderation decision for you and either explain why you were given an infraction or potentially reverse it. You can contact him at [email protected].  Not speaking to your specific case, but in general, sometimes how you say something is what's key. No one is ever banned or warned simply for having a negative opinion.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.