Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Content really exists?

TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32

After watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIExN1GZK_Q&feature=player_embedded

and reading this: 

"Not having the "endgame", Orr, completed right away might not be completely because they ran out of time either. They could have made a conscious decision to not add it all completely to give incentive for people to explore the world right at launch. It seems most people have an endgame mentality and would like to rush to Orr, so saying it's not completed yet would remove some of the reason people rush through the game. Some people would think, "why would I rush leveling when there is nothing at the end", which can help change the mentality to one that better fits GW2."

I think the game really does not have high end yet. All articles related to the high end does not really say anything except that the game will start from level 1. Sorry but I do not think so. All MMOs have a high end content, including sandboxs. I dont belive in carrots.

I think once you reach level 80, there will be nothing to do... and just sPVP, the actual content now. You think more content related to PvE is coming soon? High End Type UW?

I see the Diablo 3 effect is going to tell you again hello, and I will not be catastrophic, but...

BTW I'm not a troll, love GW2 so much and I have a C.E copy :)

Comments

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

That "endgame not completed at launch" nonsense has since been refuted by Arenanet. It was just a made up quote that was spun out of control through various channels. People are getting a bit nervous as launch approaches :)

Refer to the several dozens of threads about endgame in GW2 for actual information. The statement that endgame begins at level 1 is unrefutably wrong though, and quite silly! At level 1 you do the tutorial. Endgame starts at level 2!

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i'm a little confused on your point.  not trying to say that in a mean way.

if this is about the rumor the other day on how the endgame wasn't finished yet that was debunked as a rumor posted on some message board and not an actual dev statement.

the endgame starts at 1 thing is open to interpretation.  to me it means when you get to Orr you will be doing the same things you were doing before you got there.  as far as that goes i'll take Anet at their word, i have no reason not to do so, and as such i have no reason to believe the endgame does not start at 1.

• GonzomikeGonzomike Member Posts: 30

You slam the game then say your a fan...wut? The game is endgame from the start to finish. You can play at 80th lvl in the starter lvl if you want and get the same stuff as Orr,maybe not the same skins,but the same 80th lvl stuff.

All the hype about  no endgame is just that..hype. If they hadnt finished the "endgame" they would have said something by now.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Traviks 
    I dont belive in carrots.

That doesn't mean carrots don't belive in you.

• TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by Gonzomike

You slam the game then say your a fan...wut? The game is endgame from the start to finish. You can play at 80th lvl in the starter lvl if you want and get the same stuff as Orr,maybe not the same skins,but the same 80th lvl stuff.

All the hype about  no endgame is just that..hype. If they hadnt finished the "endgame" they would have said something by now.

Oh! I see, if I talk badly about some aspects (for me) of the game. I'm a hatter? srsly, what? Nope. I enjoy all BWE, Stress test and GW1 for 7 years ago. Please, i'm just curious about the future of the game. its all.

All I'm saying is that, I do not believe in the high end of the game begins at 1 ... we need some motivation for log and do PVE content, and think they dont put atm.

• Originally posted by Traviks

Oh! I see, if I talk badly about some aspects (for me) of the game. I'm a hatter? srsly, what? Nope. I enjoy all BWE, Stress test and GW1 for 7 years ago. Please, i'm just curious about the future of the game. its all.

All I'm saying is that, I do not believe in the high end of the game begins at 1 ... we need some motivation for log and do PVE content, and think they dont put atm.

Here's an idea... since you've already purchased the game, how about waiting until you actually get to the "end game" before complaining?

Because I played to muuch MMO in the past, and its supereasy too see when a game dont have high end content. Please, all this ppl saying all the time: "Hey brah, wait for the release" its for real? I mean, its ur first MMO or what?

GW2 its super fun, but please... just not defend 100% because is not true, they have some holes in the core, in high end.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Because I played to muuch MMO in the past, and its supereasy too see when a game dont have high end content. Please, all this ppl saying all the time: "Hey brah, wait for the release" its for real? I mean, its ur first MMO or what?

GW2 its super fun, but please... just not defend 100% because is not true, they have some holes in the core, in high end.

i'm just not sure what you're expecting.  mostly i'm worried you're getting involved in a game who's very design may let you down and cause you stress in the end.

if you're expecting to do things at 80 that are different from what you're doing at 50 i would change that expectation.  it may not be popular opinion, but in my opinion -- if Anet has said they are not adding anything endgame beyond what we have been told then it is not their fault if what we see here and now is what we get.

unless i misunderstand you, it seems you want the paradigm to flip when you ding 80 like it does in some other games.  that may happen, but if it doesn't and you are upset by that you have only yourself to blame for buying a game from a developer who stated that very goal in their mission statement.

again, not trying to be rude.. i may completely misunderstand where you're coming from here.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

It would be truly amazing if a company that has spent so long developing the game and who has held back the tide of their many increasingly impatient fans with claims of "it'll be ready when it's ready" for so long would then not have the end zones completed on release.

Dare I say a modicum of intelligence and reasoned judgement should be indulged in before bothering to make posts like this....

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Isn't the whole core argument to this thread based off of something that was already debunked, the part where they haven't finished the end of the game?

So... problem solved, time to go home happy? :D

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I think they have the UW up their sleeves. Unsure about post Zhaitan content. Skin farming ala GW1, completion/achievement farming and for me endgame is pvp alongside doing other personal storylines.

Speculation but I wouldn't put it past them.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Nah, the game is empty after lvl40.
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/page__st__240#entry1771692

I think I believe Colin Johanson himself than some random person on the internet.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    I think you have to watche Anets "Endgame starts at level 1" from a different perspective. What you will do from level 1-80 will be what you will do at level 80, theres no sudden change and now its all about farming X dungeon to get X gear to pwn X players in PvP. I think what they mean by the phrase is that what you do untill level 80 you will do at level 80. 
  • MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Sixpax

Here's an idea... since you've already purchased the game, how about waiting until you actually get to the "end game" before complaining?

Whoa! Gonzomike, what was said is not slamming at all. He clearly states his HIS opinion and its what he thinks about the endgame, this is so much better than the morons who post stuff like; "this game WILL fail due to the lack of endgame FACT"

theres a difference and the reason ppl feel us GW2 "fanbois" are becoming more aggresive are people like you. Choose your battles please, attack trolls not people like the OP who are only voicing their opinion in the correct way.

And Sixpax...same point to you. No need for the sarcastic point added on the end of this tbh.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

what holes? just because you cant realize the creative capability and efficiency of arenanet even after claiming to a gw1 fan "since beta" doesnt mean there are holes. if you've actually played gw1 you know that arenanet knows how to make endgame content and increase the longevity of a game. why do you have to imply everyone is a blinded fanboy just because they are annoyed at you starting a repeat thread that pops up at least twice a day.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

To quote Rammus, everyone's favourite spikey turtle lol champ:

Ok.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Macecard
    Originally posted by Sixpax

Whoa! Gonzomike, what was said is not slamming at all. He clearly states his HIS opinion and its what he thinks about the endgame, this is so much better than the morons who post stuff like; "this game WILL fail due to the lack of endgame FACT"

theres a difference and the reason ppl feel us GW2 "fanbois" are becoming more aggresive are people like you. Choose your battles please, attack trolls not people like the OP who are only voicing their opinion in the correct way.

And Sixpax...same point to you. No need for the sarcastic point added on the end of this tbh.

fanbois are getting more aggressive because we have to keep looking at these new threads that popup with the same misinformed opinion over and over. if these people would only read the previous troll threads that have been answered and discussed in detail we would get so annnoyed. its also less than 5 days from launch, everybody is having fun being excited for the game and then theres people that come in just trying to put everyone down just because "they get annoyed at seeing fanbois looking too happy." Have you heard the term, "don't rain on my parade?"

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by SimonVDH
    I dont belive in carrots.

That doesn't mean carrots don't belive in you.

LOL loved that statement too. See this is the funny thing. Those looking for the end game are definitely carrot on a stick seekers because they usually are the ones who rush to the end without enjoying whats there all along the way. So let's recap. You wanting to rush to the end = you believing in carrots whole heartedly and believing they exists on a stick.

Oh and there is a problem with posting nonsense about this game. Might want to watch it. See it doesn't matter how much you feign love a game in your forum post because posting negative nonsense that's already been disproven will get you a ban. :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Thank you. People who post like this are just trying to bypass the rules so they don't get caught in the act of being a monster-under-the-bridge instantly. It's like when someone says a bad word and then argues that it's not bad asking the people in charge for definitions or for proof, you broke the rule, doesn't matter that you are feigning not understanding HOW you broke it. ("you" isn't directed at anyone in particular)

weird.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

To all those worried about content we did not see during the beta week ends... go back and watch the official videos of 2008/2009, which don't use any kind of CGI but only in game footage. Back then, they apparently already had most if not all the areas we saw during BWE finished and usable to make videos. I'm definitely not worried about them having completed the whole world 3+ years later.

I'm a hatter?

Depends... does your job involve crafting hats? (sorry, couldn't resist... =P)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    We'll soon find out...
  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

1st: The "endgame is not ready yet" is a lie, it was made up by some random guy in guru and has been refuted.

2nd: Orr. (if you watched the video, you know about it)

3rd: Roll an alt (I know it's lame and not what you're asking for, but you can level 3 alts to 80 without ever repeating a map)

4th: Explorable dungeons. Don't fool yourself thinking there is no 'gear treadmill'. There is, but it's optional. Any lvl 80 armor will have the same strength, but dungeon lvl 80 armor has very specific stats and looks if you wanna grind for it.

5th: 100% map completion (it gives you a medal and a title)

6th: Achievements/Titles (to this day people play for those in GW1)

7th: Minigames (and their respective rewards/achievements/titles)

8th: Meta events leading to world bosses (dragon champions, mostly. you can see footage from conventions)

9th: Max crafting (which is mandatory for the next item)

10th: Legendary weapons. Badass weapons that drop molten metal wherever you walk, shoot rainbows, strike lightnings when you make a kill, change appearance with day/night time and etc. (Those are only the 4 we know about, but there are 20 overall). For you to make one, you'll need 200 skills points (leveling up beyond lvl 80 about 200 times), 2 maxed crafts, rare equipment, gold, karma. And none of the materials are tradeable, so you'll have to make the weapon entirely on your own.

Not sure about you, but I'll be keeping myself busy with GW2 for quite some time.

Originally posted by Matheusor1

1st: The "endgame is not ready yet" is a lie, it was made up by some random guy in guru and has been refuted.

2nd: Orr. (if you watched the video, you know about it)

3rd: Roll an alt (I know it's lame and not what you're asking for, but you can level 3 alts to 80 without ever repeating a map)

4th: Explorable dungeons. Don't fool yourself thinking there is no 'gear treadmill'. There is, but it's optional. Any lvl 80 armor will have the same strength, but dungeon lvl 80 armor has very specific stats and looks if you wanna grind for it.

5th: 100% map completion (it gives you a medal and a title)

6th: Achievements/Titles (to this day people play for those in GW1)

7th: Minigames (and their respective rewards/achievements/titles)

8th: Meta events leading to world bosses (dragon champions, mostly. you can see footage from conventions)

9th: Max crafting (which is mandatory for the next item)

10th: Legendary weapons. Badass weapons that drop molten metal wherever you walk, shoot rainbows, strike lightnings when you make a kill, change appearance with day/night time and etc. (Those are only the 4 we know about, but there are 20 overall). For you to make one, you'll need 200 skills points (leveling up beyond lvl 80 about 200 times), 2 maxed crafts, rare equipment, gold, karma. And none of the materials are tradeable, so you'll have to make the weapon entirely on your own.

Not sure about you, but I'll be keeping myself busy with GW2 for quite some time.

Thats sounds very interesting! The way of how make an Legendary Weapon, is the way to put High end! Love complete archivements, titles to reward. So I hope Arena.net can tell us something about how they drop new content post launch.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I think the game really does not have high end yet. All articles related to the high end does not really say anything except that the game will start from level 1. Sorry but I do not think so. All MMOs have a high end content, including sandboxs. I dont belive in carrots.I think once you reach level 80, there will be nothing to do... and just sPVP, the actual content now. You think more content related to PvE is coming soon? High End Type UW?
    Depends on what *you* consider "end game", or what you are looking for. Most MMOs do have an end game of raiding, daily quests, and gear grinding. If this is what you are looking for, I think you may be disappointed.

Eventually, there will be expansions and more PvE added on, I think. Will it be there at release? C'mon... be realistic. How long do you think it will take you to get to level 80? For my playstyle, I don't plan on being level 80 before the first expansion is released. Yes, I am talking months :) If you plan on making level 80 within a week or two, then I think you will become bored waiting the rest of the population to catch up, as with ALL other MMOs.

Are you going to play only one character? Will you craft at all? Will you join a guild? Do you plan on exploring much? Do you know what weapons and skills you will be using?

There is A LOT of activities in this game to keep one occupied, if they are willing to do them. If you have no interest in the activities, then you may get bored quickly. ANet can only do so much for your enjoyment. Use your imagination. It will be fun :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

This discussion has been closed.