Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is everyone a charr? What race will you play?

FealStyrmFealStyrm Member Posts: 40
What race will you play? (poll)

Comments

• FealStyrmFealStyrm Member Posts: 40

Oh, I just assumed everyone was charr because the number of charr avatar thumbnails on these forums outnumber the other GW races.

I remember when Darkfall came out, probably 50% of the playerbase rolled Mahirim (wolfman with claw weapons). Darkfall was fun until the population died :'(.

And of course the tauren in WoW. Doesn't everyone have at least one of those?

All online gamers must be secretly furries.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    From some of the polls I've seen Charr look like they might be one of the least played races at launch
  • GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    I'm probably going with sylvari elementalist.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Charr and Norn were the least popular races in Reddit's latest poll.
  • GonzomikeGonzomike Member Posts: 30
    Asura necro ftw! Prob 75% asura,a charr,a norn and maybe a human.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    All my chars will be Norn
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

The two starting zones I like the most are that of the Charr and the Norn.

Thing is, I just can't get used to their slow, languid running animation. I made them as short as possible, but not really helping. 

I'll probably go Asura.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    norn necro first then a charr ranger down the track
  • AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by solarine

The two starting zones I like the most are that of the Charr and the Norn.

Thing is, I just can't get used to their slow, languid running animation. I made them as short as possible, but not really helping. 

I'll probably go Asura.

This, I really liked the Charr design, but couldn't stand the perceived slowness...

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I love my Norn Thief. He looks like a 9' tall cross between Altiar/Enzio from Assassin's Creed and TechnoViking.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Galthon
    I love my Norn Thief. He looks like a 9' tall cross between Altiar/Enzio from Assassin's Creed and TechnoViking.

Even though I LOVE Norn and all my chars will be a Norn...

Doesnt it feel stupid to be a tall building that vanishes?

A Norn cant look like an athletic fast paced Ninja, but rather a slow heavy warrior.

• ArcheangelArcheangel Member UncommonPosts: 49
    So far my list of characters includes 2 sylvari, 2 norn, 2 human, an asura, and a charr. I keep juggling around what prof/combos they will be though. I have a spreadsheet detailing 9 different character lists with names and question answers included.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    i've seen more humans then anything. Its weird, play a fantasy game where you can be anything, pick the same thing you are in real life. doesn't make sense to me.
  • KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Asura, remind me of dobbie and that is a good thing.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Asuran Ranger. I'm going to find the biggest pet out there and pretend it's my temperamental mount that dislikes being ridden.
  • ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by FealStyrm
    What race will you play? (poll)

I think ill play everything BUT Charr lol.. I just dont like the feel of them but I LOVE the look of the males.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Probably Norn as I love the animal form, skin changer theme, HOWEVER I hate the male Norn model. Why oh why all of them need to look like Super Mutatants ? I just might ened up playing a female char or just say:"F...this s..." and play a human. 
  • CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

I wanted to go with human, norn, or sylvari for my mesmer, but I'm picking asura for a purely psychological reasons.

Small targets seem to be picked on last .

In a fight for survival, who do you try to kill first?  The big monster trying to rip your arms off, or the small pasty thing with purple butterflies flying out of it's a**  image

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Asura, I always like the smallest race for pvp.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Tayah

I've always heard playing small races tends to last longer in PvP because people tend to eye glance taller races because they are more noticable. I'm gonna have to try out the asura and see if it works out.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Galthon

HAHA!, For some reason, this reminds me of an old cartoon.

"Why there are no Tauren Rogues"
    **Rogue Stealth** (Tippytoes) CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP STAB!

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Sylvari.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    i've seen more humans then anything. Its weird, play a fantasy game where you can be anything, pick the same thing you are in real life. doesn't make sense to me.

Some players find it easier to RP as a human race then a imaginary lore race <imo>

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtiaYVyF_18

I know it's a stretch, but hopefully you get what I am saying.. LOL!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    If it was not for Asura I would not be playing GW2.  I hate toplay serious characters.
  • FealStyrmFealStyrm Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Originally posted by Tayah

I've always heard playing small races tends to last longer in PvP because people tend to eye glance taller races because they are more noticable. I'm gonna have to try out the asura and see if it works out.

In daoc this was true. You couldn't see them because of the hills and bushes and bumps in the terrain.

I used to paint my armor green on my eldrich (magelike) and wear pants(makes you look like a rogue or something else not as one-shottable) instead of robes to hide in the trees and to blend in with the grass.