Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let me in already!

PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I can't wait any longer.... :(

brb, gonna go cry a little bit.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I saw the title on the dront page, then checked my email :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Sorry about that.. Was meant as "let me in now, please" and not "I'm already in".. haha.

My email is open all day, every day.. But I'm not a Planetside vet, so it'll probably be a while.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by PieRad

I'm not a Planetside vet, so it'll probably be a while.

can always start a sub to PS1 if you REALLY want in

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    they didnt do it like they claim they have trust me . Ive NEVER in one day ever downloaded or setup a planetside trial or account and I got into beta on the first day they released the wave. Also I NEVER signed up for planetside2 beta . So SOE is Full of it with their announcements.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

You aren't missing much...only A Lot of Fun! :-P

They should be sending out more invites here soon!  (At least I hope, because the battles aren't that large at the moment.)

Good luck! hehe  (Being a station pass member paid off!)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Got in right away, and well lets say, every other game is going to be put aside for quite awhile. That includes the almighty .........!!!
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    I dont see PS2 being that huge of a hit.  Its not an RPG so it wont appeal to the normnal MMORPG.com crowd.  I like FPS's but only in small doses couldnt see myself playing PS2 like I would a true MMO.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    I dont see PS2 being that huge of a hit.  Its not an RPG so it wont appeal to the normnal MMORPG.com crowd.  I like FPS's but only in small doses couldnt see myself playing PS2 like I would a true MMO.

I disagree, FPS is the biggest selling genre in multiplayer games.

And me personally, I love both fps and mmo, so I guess I'm not the normal mmorpg.com crowd.

I'm not big on roleplaying, but I'm pretty sure PS2 will be a great place for those who love the setting and story of Auraxis.

SOE is thinking big with their certification system, they want to have years worth of certs.. not making you more powerful, but opening up for diffferent playstyles, I love that kind of progression.

I can't wait to get in there, and like Leucent, I'm more excited about this one than I am of the big G.

Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by PieRad

I'm not a Planetside vet, so it'll probably be a while.

can always start a sub to PS1 if you REALLY want in

Haha, I thought of that, but I think they had a cutoff date, you would have had to be subbed before that date.

But seeing some of the other posts in here, that might not be the case, I don't know.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    I got a "priority" beta key. Didn't expect in on day 1 but figured it wouldn't take so long. A bit of feed back would not be amiss.
  • AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    They are still letting in PS1 veterans as far as I know.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Just got my invite today, here we go :)
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Priority keys are after vets and subbers.

Vets being the people who subbed the game originally.

Then current players (up to a certain date, don't recall the cutoff).

After the priority keys get invited (it's trickling in over time, last I knew they said it'd be a few weeks at least before all vets are in).

That's the situation last I knew it. May not be accurate to current activity.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Deivos

After the priority keys get invited (it's trickling in over time, last I knew they said it'd be a few weeks at least before all vets are in).

than they can play themselves.if they will give me beta access 1 or 2 weeks before the game launches even with priority key than i dont need it

• invisanixinvisanix Member Posts: 1

Got my invite @ 9:10ish PM EST

Installing as aI type this.. I had priority, and I bought PS1 a few months back to bump myself up a couple notches on the beta list... looks like it worked out.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Got my invite! PS1 vet coming home.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    Originally posted by Deivos

than they can play themselves.if they will give me beta access 1 or 2 weeks before the game launches even with priority key than i dont need it

Well they never said game would be launching anytime soon. Priority keys will get invites in few weeks and have plenty of beta time.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I enjoy FPS in smaller doses, because they can deliver 20mins - 2hrs of intense action that supersedes anything most MMORPGs could deliver.

For a true MMORPG I'm looking at "The Repopulation" but PS2 is taking the place of any MMORPG on the market right now, it's just too intense to waste time playing hit the tab key and spam buttons until I win or go to MR A who sends me to MR B who sends me to MR C who asks me to kill 10 rat tails then fed ex his wife's laundry to MR D!

BTW: Priority keys have as much chance of getting into beta as Ps1 vets ... FACT!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by Agricola1

BTW: Priority keys have as much chance of getting into beta as Ps1 vets ... FACT!

Wrong. :)

Vets are in already (mostly), priority keys are next in line.

Source: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/228236911477653504

Originally posted by vee41

Guess I've been halucinating the past three weeks then, I'll make an appointment with my GP as soon as I finish defending Rashnu!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Guess I've been halucinating the past three weeks then, I'll make an appointment with my GP as soon as I finish defending Rashnu!

They do pick based on system specs as well, that is whole different thign as you propably are aware. Tech tests you know.

They do pick based on system specs as well, that is whole different thign as you propably are aware. Tech tests you know.

So do you concede that priority beta key holders (emphasis on the word priority) have already been testing PS2 since the tech test?

Besides more than once on youtube Higby stated that they were letting in vets and priority key holders first, not one after the other and he did not tell a lie. I don't know what Smedley said in his twitter (I block twitter) and let's face it he isn't the most sincere person in the world either!

CS Lewis

So do you concede that priority beta key holders (emphasis on the word priority) have already been testing PS2 since the tech test?

Besides more than once on youtube Higby stated that they were letting in vets and priority key holders first, not one after the other and he did not tell a lie. I don't know what Smedley said in his twitter (I block twitter) and let's face it he isn't the most sincere person in the world either!

It has been already said multiple times that the way it was described in twitter link I posted earlier is the way they are doing it. First there were tech test invites, then current PS1 subs, then sometime PS1 subs, then priority keys, then the rest. If you look at reddit, beta forums or any similar source you can see the vets just got their invites. Priority keys have not gotten their yet, if you are in it is either due tech test selection or nvidia key.

Just ask how many priority key hoders are NOT in the beta. That is a big number as they are giving them away by buckets in twitter :)

Here is one that clears it a bit: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/236580591930327042

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    PS2 reminds me of an awesome 2d game I used to play called Infantry. I remember how badly I wanted to play PS1, but I simply did not have the connection or PC for it. Here's to hoping PS2 is epic :)
  • Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

Check your mailbox again, people.

Just got my Beta Invite today so a new wave of them have been tossed around it seems.

God, I needed this so bad. League of Legends is a fun game and all, but the Community has really worn me down. Yes, I understand it's apples and oranges in terms of comparison, but I flippin' missed "mowin' the yard" with a Magrider SO MUCH.

Edit - I got in, but couldn't play. System requirements are completely out of whack. My machine is older but handles other new games without a hitch maxed out, including Skyrim and Deus Ex 2 at highest settings. This game's engine took my monitor into a slide show. I have no clue what's going on.