Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, looking down the road from here...

Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207

What would you like to see in the game at some point? Don't give generic answers, tell about what you'd like the Luxon campaign should look like or the Kurzick lands. It may sound stupid but we're all pretty soon gonna be playin the hell outta this game and I'd like to start brainstorming about possible cool additions to the game. 

I'd love to see a few surviving dwarves that somehow were drinking when the others were turning to stone...idk

I'd love to see Elite bosses that were like "Hogger" on steroids. You could fight him and he'd drop an elite skill for your tenth slot. You could really start seeing a variety of panic skills in PvP and PvE. You could litter these mobs into chains that had a rare chance to run.

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

This is the first MMO i've played with this level of underwater content, and i really want to see that built upon so much!

Doesn't matter WHAT they send me down there for, it could be just a pretty udnerwater city with no de's or hearts at all. Just put it there and i'll go oooh and aaahhh at it!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    The Luxons and Kurzicks are kinda..... gone from Guild Wars lore, FYI.
  • GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Tengus.

It's practically setup for an expansion.

• Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Well then,  I QUIT! i'M CANCELLING MY ACCOUNT! j/k....lol oh well.....

Wouldn't expansions still go to those lands? Would the giant turtles be out there? I'd love to see those in the new GW 2 style.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Enok4Twunni

What would you like to see in the game at some point? Don't give generic answers, tell about what you'd like the Luxon campaign should look like or the Kurzick lands. It may sound stupid but we're all pretty soon gonna be playin the hell outta this game and I'd like to start brainstorming about possible cool additions to the game. 

I'd love to see a few surviving dwarves that somehow were drinking when the others were turning to stone...idk

I'd love to see Elite bosses that were like "Hogger" on steroids. You could fight him and he'd drop an elite skill for your tenth slot. You could really start seeing a variety of panic skills in PvP and PvE. You could litter these mobs into chains that had a rare chance to run.

Given it some thought:

1: dunno if people remember this or not, but there were unique spells in AD&D at one point, such as priests quest level spells, unique powerful abilities that one must earn. would love to see some mechanic like this with all professions.

2: housing (already announced i know) would love to see them make them unique to race, like a round metal structure for charr. Also, in the house should be an easier setup like being able to get to the bank, crafting sections.

3: mounts (already announced i know) but i would love to see the mounts be more then just some horses. Like i would love a motorcycle for my Charr, or some other vehicle, dune buggie perhaps.i know i know it's in WoW but idc because it was cool and it was actually part of the lore in GW as opposed to WoW which shouldn't have had those things. A vehicle mechanic for all mounts not just a select few.

4: my character becoming a vendor when i log out, selling things i setup. walking around talking to towns folk when i logout. That would be fun to see. come back and people bought some of my shop items. ( i know that exists in another game but it was a great idea none the less.)

5:  enhancements to weapons like gems in gemslots, machinery components in machinery slots on rifles, flame throwers, pistols, spear guns etc.

6: a lock and chest system that bypasses the store. I long for the days when thiefs could pick locked chests and engineers could blow open a lock with a minor explosive.

7: puzzles outside of the jumping mechanic. Would love puzzles as minigames to enhance the experience of exploration. (something similar exists in dungeons i was talking specifically open world content.)

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

north!!!! gotta go north!!!! all the way north!!! and the city of the unseen ones. that too. and elona. and cantha. more land basically. there is no such thing as enough exploration.

oh and +1 to underwater cities.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Wouldn't expansions still go to those lands? Would the giant turtles be out there? I'd love to see those in the new GW 2 style.

Oh you mean Cantha?  I dunno, I think the lore depicts Cantha as a land basically sectioned off by the Elder Dragons and a LOT of undead.  Since Zytan is the dragon of the undead, after you kill him, they'll likely expand into Cantha........ or Elona (I kind of hope they don't go to Elona, it bored the hell out of me personally).

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I'd like even more added to the combo system which I think is cool.  More fields, more finishers, maybe even ones that are more than 2 steps long.
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch

Tengus.

It's practically setup for an expansion.

Tengu would be really cool to play. 

I'd love to see the return of the Dervish. You could hold down the auto attack button to aim your toon. Your toon would spin with a Scythe weapon, while spinning you cound then chain out "spin" only skills. So you'd spin in different ways depending on your weapon type. A dervish with a 2h Waraxe would be amazing.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Toxia

This is the first MMO i've played with this level of underwater content, and i really want to see that built upon so much!

Doesn't matter WHAT they send me down there for, it could be just a pretty udnerwater city with no de's or hearts at all. Just put it there and i'll go oooh and aaahhh at it!

Yeah. The underwater areas we've seen so far, to me, haven't come close to making full advantage of the environment. I want an underwater city and ruins an the same scale as the major land cities in the game! With no breath meter, I want some really complex underwater caverns and mini-dungeons. I hope the underwater environments offer more and more the deeper we get nto the game and, if not, it's something I'd love to see in an expansion.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342
    I would like to see many Global Events such as the Hunger Royale. Mix up gameplay with awesome new events! Could be seasonal, or part of some ongoing event.
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by fiontar

Yeah. The underwater areas we've seen so far, to me, haven't come close to making full advantage of the environment. I want an underwater city and ruins an the same scale as the major land cities in the game! With no breath meter, I want some really complex underwater caverns and mini-dungeons. I hope the underwater environments offer more and more the deeper we get nto the game and, if not, it's something I'd love to see in an expansion.

i dunno... i'm all for underwater cities, but i really dislike the underwater combat. if you use a melee weapon you'll get mauled to death due to the power of underwater mobs and your own lack of mobility underwater. if you use a ranged weapon you can kill everything that ever was or is just by swimming in a circle.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Expansions that add weapon types with new skills. 
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

contests for players to provide designs for future weapons/armor skins.

weekly/biweekly/monthly DE's put together by the live team creating an even more immersive experience.

Such a huge positive response to the Live team and DE content that they triple the staff available for the Live team.

The first expansion pack selling 5 million in opening week.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by Badaboom

What do you mean? As in weapons skills should eventually be able to be swapped out with new skills that go with that weapon?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Raids... something you actually 'earn' for playing that feels more worth wild... smoother combat, involving maybe a bit more skill.

Probably none of those will come (the combat portion extremely unlikely) but eh. If anything I hope they at least give some interesting challenges or something to give me a reason to log in once in a blue moon to play.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

What do you mean? As in weapons skills should eventually be able to be swapped out with new skills that go with that weapon?

New weapon types that create new skills.  

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by fiontar

I haven't seen it, but i really assume there will be some Krait cities or dungeons somewhere in the vast blue. The prisoner/sacrifices cells are above water, but the lore says the spires go all the way to the ocean floor. Exploring something like that would be epic.

Have no issues with underwater combat.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

That and I am hoping to have a few added skills to each weapon type to expand on.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

Fist weapons and Bo Staves that are fought with like Donatello. lol...

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107

Oh you mean Cantha?  I dunno, I think the lore depicts Cantha as a land basically sectioned off by the Elder Dragons and a LOT of undead.  Since Zytan is the dragon of the undead, after you kill him, they'll likely expand into Cantha........ or Elona (I kind of hope they don't go to Elona, it bored the hell out of me personally).

I want to revisit the Under World and Fissure of Woe and errr.... the jade sea.  I would also love it if ArenaNet allowed people to wear their Obsidian armor they earned from GW1 in GW2 as a skin. 

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    I want to drive a giant turtle tank in Cantha. I want to play as a Dervish in Elona. I want to have a fireside chat with Palawa Joko.
  • HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    I just want my Dervish, and my scythe.
  • Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by itgrowls3: mounts (already announced i know) but i would love to see the mounts be more then just some horses. Like i would love a motorcycle for my Charr, or some other vehicle, dune buggie perhaps.i know i know it's in WoW but idc because it was cool and it was actually part of the lore in GW as opposed to WoW which shouldn't have had those things. A vehicle mechanic for all mounts not just a select few.

Wat the hell? Is this really official? i've heard no word from ANet on announcing mountsfor guild wars 2.

Links please :P

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90
    This is probably going to sound really strange but I really really want to find a Bloodstone that is not inexplicably 100% horizontal (seeing as how the stones were thrown out of an erupting volcano landing 100s of miles away).  It was just one of those strange nit-picky things for me.  Hopefully it'll be underwater somewhere so we can see some unusual enviromental art.