Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Paragon System Introduced

Comments

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by joeri123

Its nice but I still don't feel like repeating the same maps and story over and over. 

If they made new maps and new bosses, WITH and option to auto skip all story. Then I would maybe install this again.

yeah i agree dialogs etc are all crap and performed even more crapier.

Story lets not talk about that.Worst story ever.Even i was creating better stories on hero quest when i was 16

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Originally posted by Aque
    Originally posted by crazynanny
    Originally posted by xenogias

<cut>

<cut>

PoE blows D3 out of the water bud.  They may seem alike, but if you compare them D3 fails pretty bad.

I put 60 hours in D3, PoE is in beta and I have over 150 hrs and still play every day. 

(Side note: I have had D3 sense release, Ive had PoE for 2 weeks)

So you've spent over 75 hours a week, or over 10 hours every day on average for the past two weeks playing PoE?

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    D3 is not worth the re-install on the SSD.

this

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by IrishChai
    -cut-

PoE blows D3 out of the water bud.  They may seem alike, but if you compare them D3 fails pretty bad.

I put 60 hours in D3, PoE is in beta and I have over 150 hrs and still play every day. 

So you've spent over 75 hours a week, or over 10 hours every day on average for the past two weeks playing PoE?

To be honest, I think I have spent about 12hrs a day on PoE for the past 2 weeks-

Yeah I know thats way to much but its addicting and im at home till the 24th then I go back to work for  6 weeks.

I spent almost my whole 3 weeks off on PoE, it is fun and well worth it tho!

(And there is no gold in PoE so who ever talked about gold spamming and farming in PoE has not played it yet)

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

All this hate is exactly what they get fpr advertising this as an MMO... When Diablo 2 became popular, it was before the MMO "wasteland" scene became popular, so it was a fairly big thing..

If they were going to show this off as an MMO they should have been prepared for what the fans of MMO's look for and think about.. PvP and decent loot tables are part of the deal..

Screw the Diablo franchise.. I am waiting for Blizzard to try and re-create the success that was WoW back in 04. Can't wait to see how bad long time fans will rip that one apart..

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Vyeth

All this hate is exactly what they get fpr advertising this as an MMO... When Diablo 2 became popular, it was before the MMO "wasteland" scene became popular, so it was a fairly big thing..

If they were going to show this off as an MMO they should have been prepared for what the fans of MMO's look for and think about.. PvP and decent loot tables are part of the deal..

Screw the Diablo franchise.. I am waiting for Blizzard to try and re-create the success that was WoW back in 04. Can't wait to see how bad long time fans will rip that one apart..

When did they advertise it as an MMO?

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    I can't see how in any way this fixes what's wrong with D3.
    -cut-

To be honest, I think I have spent about 12hrs a day on PoE for the past 2 weeks-

Yeah I know thats way to much but its addicting and im at home till the 24th then I go back to work for  6 weeks.

I spent almost my whole 3 weeks off on PoE, it is fun and well worth it tho!

(And there is no gold in PoE so who ever talked about gold spamming and farming in PoE has not played it yet)

Yeah, that's a lot of time, but I agree with you on PoE. I love it so far.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150
    Originally posted by crazynanny

I really like some of the PoE ideas, like maps or various runes, BUT there will be also a cash shop and no auction hall will be nightmare. Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine MMO game with old school trading via chat or vendor shops, this is plain bad design. I feel that I'm wasting time using D3 AH but I shudder when I think about browsing websites/forums for price checks, sifting trough chat/vendors to find interesting offer or spam it to sell something in PoE. Not to mention you'll get gold farming bots spamming 24/7 in same chat...

See son, if you dont know something, dont go bullshitting like you are speaking the facts.

1) PoE cash shop is designed to be Cosmetic Only. Meaning, you could buy bank space (IMO this is more like a utility benefit but one can always create more mule accounts), character looks, fancier spell effects, decapitation or death effects, novelty pets, most likely clothes and accesories, etc. Not stats and character benefits, like the game where you can buy items with real money. This is what the GGG says about their cash shop. Unless you can prove otherwise, dont feel free to spouting misinformation.

2)There are plans to create a forum-based trading page. Meaning, you can link, buy and sell items via a webpage linked to their homepage without even having to log into your character. You can already link your character items (with sockets, quality, skill gems) on their pages from a nifty little bit of coding. They want to work on this feature by incorporating a trading add-on to the already existing forum-to-item linking model. And I think this is a stellar idea as far as preventing sales via 3rd parties go. If the only means of trading is via their legit site then you cant buy items for real cash from some chinaman goldseller site/botter unless you can be a total and utter fool to pay them real money in advance and Trust them to drop the item that you purchased via a 'drop trade'.

Having a list of current transcations listed under various headers will feel like your "auction hall" that you might be comfortable working with. Except, there wont be any paypal / blizzardrbestpals taking their own cut in any place.

PoE is still in a CB state and is getting worked on constantly, thats the reason why you havent seen it launched yet or its devs boast about features that currently arent in game yet or have its devs tinker drop rates, change skills, add pseudo-levels months after the game has been realsed and its population taken a massive blow. Too bad blizzard's diablow dev team dint liveup to their "when its ready" motto, yea?

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

New maps

Offline mode

Better rare drops (even if fewer)

I wish people would give PoE more of a chance, but I don't bother to argue about it. It's not like I earn money off of PoE players, but you're missing out if you haven't given it a chance. It's simply a really good ARPG and still improving often.

I uninstalled D3 and not interested in returning just for this. The paragon system is nice for people that haven't collected a set of MF gear or aren't even 60 yet, but I don't know why 100% or 375% MF matters if so many drops in the ilvl 61-63 bracket are completely inapplicable to your class as it stands now. It just ends up as more crap on the AH (as if it didn't have enough already), where people are forced to go to find upgrades instead of finding it while playing. I don't know how they could fix that anyway without devaluing the usefullness of the AH and Blizzard's secondary avenue of profit, but changing that is the only thing that would bring me back. I got my money's worth and I like the game. I had my fun with Inferno and am content to just wait for an expansion to play further. I don't play just to get everything from the AH, and I wish they never put it in the game.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    So, isn't the Paragon system just a way for them to let their players play the exact same content, again and again and again? Exciting stuff.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled
    So, isn't the Paragon system just a way for them to let their players play the exact same content, again and again and again? Exciting stuff.

lol yeah, well it will be more like D2 in that respect. It's an ARPG. You're going to replay content over and over again with anything in the genre. I still don't know why it's here on MMORPG, but w/e.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

I love this..

Jay Wilson calls leveling to 99 in D2 Bullshit and tells us that what we thought was fun wasn't fun.

Then he adds the exact same thing into D3...

GG

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by vgamer
    Originally posted by coxyroxy
    [mod edit] At least they are updating. Sounds cool imo.

Do not be fooled son. All blizzard cares about is your cash and nothing else.

It is out of their own interest to keep this 'game' alive so people keep spending in the RMAH.

i whole heartedly agree with you bud

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by eyelolled

lol yeah, well it will be more like D2 in that respect. It's an ARPG. You're going to replay content over and over again with anything in the genre. I still don't know why it's here on MMORPG, but w/e.

maybe mmorpg.com gets paid for advertising news about diablo 3 .who knows though ?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

"Umm Would I have to do this Paragon for all 5 of my level 60 characters?
    that kind of sucks if i do. Considering I've already invested 800 hours.
    Can we get credit for the hours we have already accumulated?" 

Posted by a player under their forums. 

Gotta say he has a point. Why should people who've already spent that much time without this mechanic go back and spend another 800 hours trying to get their toons up to actually have this system be useful, You know. Why didn't they have this in at launch?

And then there's the problem of not knowing if it will actually affect the quality of the items dropped, it could increase the number of them but 20 more maces of 1-3 damage reflection does nothing for anyone playing. We shall see.

• bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93

ok now in this patch we make getting level 1 to 60 pointless... now grind out the equiv of d2's 99 levels plus the 60 you all ready got

Got this game for free with the year sub and played it like 3 times total.... really sucky game, I still play diablo 2 cant stand 3

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by coretex666

Mothanos and Badaboom...

Every time there is a thread which relates to Blizzard or some of its products, they do not hesitate to come and throw dirt. I believe that this is what "hater" means. Do not believe me? Post history is your friend.

I was a fan of blizzard.  Liked Vanilla WoW and played through the burning crusade.  Was a big fan of D2 with hopes for D3.  I feel that D3 was not good.  I voice my opinion like anyone else.  Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

It's valid criticism.  I think the reason we're all sad is because of how great Blizzard used to be.  I loved D2, WC3 and TBC as much as the next person.  Since then ... a lot of mediocrity.  I just read Brevick's comments from Germany and he was spot on.

Unfortunately, I think it's the natural progression of any company.  The focus clearly shifted from developing games to making good business decisions.  Good business decisions don't always benefit the game or the players though.

From an outside prespective and among other things, I think D3 started heading down the wrong path when the game design began to include the real money AH.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• AntharaAnthara Member Posts: 75

I don't understand the hate towards Blizzard at all.

Diablo 3 its an excelent game in wich i spent more hours playing than  any other single player game in the last 2 years. And  i can also play it co-ops, all seems good to me. And people still say its not worth the 60 bucks.

I'm pretty casual at any game since i have a life, job, family etc and still havent finished Inferno. I see it as a game I can come  back anytime i wish. But somehow people expect the "play" of an MMO. The same people that come to this forums everytime its posted some article related to it, saying "why is this on this forum? Its not an mmo." Yet, you play it like one and expect the longevity of one and many other etcs.

Even the hate towards WoW and its comunity, "its for 12 year old kids"...  or retards, pokemons, pandas and whatever.  Even not liking it, you guys should recognize the quality they deliver on their product, even if its not for your taste. Doesn't mean is garbage. Some might want to rethink who got 12 years old afterall.

I don't even play WoW, but i don't see the diference in having pandas or maybe, humanoids with tree heads and leafs, childs like in Tera or half naked asian avatars.

This just tells me this forum is full of haters  that doesn't  got anything else interesting in their lifes to do, besides spiting crap out of things they don't like. And people who think that playing something less popular makes them special and eventually  they become superior beeings with superior opinions.

Anyway,  my english is so terrible that I have a really hard time putting my ideas into text so I'll stop here  :)

Originally posted by HurricanePip
    Originally posted by coretex666

Mothanos and Badaboom...

Every time there is a thread which relates to Blizzard or some of its products, they do not hesitate to come and throw dirt. I believe that this is what "hater" means. Do not believe me? Post history is your friend.

I was a fan of blizzard.  Liked Vanilla WoW and played through the burning crusade.  Was a big fan of D2 with hopes for D3.  I feel that D3 was not good.  I voice my opinion like anyone else.  Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

It's valid criticism.  I think the reason we're all sad is because of how great Blizzard used to be.  I loved D2, WC3 and TBC as much as the next person.  Since then ... a lot of mediocrity.  I just read Brevick's comments from Germany and he was spot on.

Unfortunately, I think it's the natural progression of any company.  The focus clearly shifted from developing games to making good business decisions.  Good business decisions don't always benefit the game or the players though.

From an outside prespective and among other things, I think D3 started heading down the wrong path when the game design began to include the real money AH.

Yeah, the AH was just a bad idea as far as I'm concerned. Finding cool drops on our own made D2 fun, as well as in a lot of other ARPGs. I don't know why they didn't recognize this when they were designing D3's loot drop mechanics. Shopping on the AH isn't fun, but if you look at the options of either spending a week in Inferno trying to get at least 1 upgrade for your character (if even that lucky) or spending a few minutes to buy an upgrade, it's hardly even a choice. It feels stupid to farm for it at that point.

They've backed themselves up against the wall on this one. They can't fix the problem by increasing the quality of loot drops without trivializing the AH and losing income, and they can't leave it the way it is if they want people to keep playing. Good luck figuring that out Blizzard. Not to mention, it already reached the 'too little, too late' stage for many players.

Originally posted by Anthara

I don't understand the hate towards Blizzard at all.

Diablo 3 its an excelent game in wich i spent more hours playing than  any other single player game in the last 2 years. And  i can also play it co-ops, all seems good to me. And people still say its not worth the 60 bucks.

I'm pretty casual at any game since i have a life, job, family etc and still havent finished Inferno. I see it as a game I can come  back anytime i wish. But somehow people expect the "play" of an MMO. The same people that come to this forums everytime its posted some article related to it, saying "why is this on this forum? Its not an mmo." Yet, you play it like one and expect the longevity of one and many other etcs.

Even the hate towards WoW and its comunity, "its for 12 year old kids"...  or retards, pokemons, pandas and whatever.  Even not liking it, you guys should recognize the quality they deliver on their product, even if its not for your taste. Doesn't mean is garbage. Some might want to rethink who got 12 years old afterall.

I don't even play WoW, but i don't see the diference in having pandas or maybe, humanoids with tree heads and leafs, childs like in Tera or half naked asian avatars.

This just tells me this forum is full of haters  that doesn't  got anything else interesting in their lifes to do, besides spiting crap out of things they don't like. And people who think that playing something less popular makes them special and eventually  they become superior beeings with superior opinions.

Anyway,  my english is so terrible that I have a really hard time putting my ideas into text so I'll stop here  :)

I can only speak for myself, but I think you're greatly misunderstanding the reason for the complaints. Diablo 3 is a series that created a lot of fans just out of it's last iteration Diablo 2 alone. People are naturally going to hope that Diablo 3 contains many of the great elements to it that made D2 so much fun. Blizzard is failing to do this in certain areas.

I don't see anybody trying to play Diablo 3 as an MMO. I'm definitely not. We're playing it as the ARPG that it is, and it's not competing with other titles on the ARPG market. I'm not talking about MMOs. When I specifically ask why it is on this site, I do so because I DON'T think it's an MMO and don't play it as one, so that accusation is just wrong and misguided. If you spent more time playing ARPGs, I think you would understand that playing it for a very long time is still the target within ARPGs as it is with MMORPGs. You just go about it in a different way, by repeating randomized dungeons instead of questing or running the same instances for years.

It's not coming from 'haters' either. I think you will find most of these people really liked Blizzard games, and are more longtime fans getting burned than a group of haters. Blizzard is diverging away from creating the content that these fans have come to expect. That is reason to vocalize a complaint because they can either learn from their mistakes that is currently dividing their fanbase, or they can ignore their fans and lose a lot of money.

edit: accidentally came off as a little insulting in 3rd paragraph. Hopefully fixed. Sorry!

I also often say that I believe I got my money's worth because it's true. It's a fun game for the price, but it still isn't competing with other ARPGs or living up to it's predecessor's popularity. It doesn't retain a player's interest to replay it hundreds of times for better loot, as other ARPGs have accomplished on a frequent basis, i.e. Torchlight, Titan's Quest, PoE, Grim Dawn, etc. etc. (the last two not technically released, but still played by many in beta).

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Actually, I think that's pretty cool. It will take a while to hit 100 paragon I'm sure, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus at that point, you have +300% magic find, which should be helpful in farming items. That will both allow people to get their own gear slightly easier (or at least be reasonably geared) and add competition in the auction mall to bring prices down...I'd rather they just get rid of it, but it's still progress.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I just don't understand where people get off judging a company for making good business decisions like it's a crime against gaming. Honestly, take a step back and realize the things that you're posting.

Should all of the disgustingly rich people in the world come together and donate their excess wealth to stop world hunger? Absolutely - Would you still maintain that belief if you should so happen to be one of those wealthy people? I highly doubt it.

-Insert saying about stone throwing and glass houses here-