Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets talk Greatswords

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

In before 100 blades is OP'ed and needs nerfed.  Nope this thread is about the looks and appearance of greatswords. I just found an image of what is possibly the most badass looking greatsword I have ever seen.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i love the Jotun(sp?) one.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

There are also legendary greatswords.

That's just the citadel of flame greatsword.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    mmmmmmm dem GSs

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Those are some awesome looking blades!
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

I will def run that dungeon till I get that drop and then use its skin for all future upgrades. image

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I dont like much the disco-stick style "epic" weapons in fantasy games, I hope I get to change the skin of my weapons in GW2 to look more normal. I just want a huge iron sword or hammer that maybe has some gold carvings to make it look expensive, not a weapon full of glitter, flames, lights, sparkles or any other stuff that makes it look like just a mess or a huge maglite lol.

Same goes with armour, heavy armour that looks something like a real knight armour beats any "epic" heavy carnival-jacket that is filled with led-lights. It is possible to change the appearance of your stuff, right?

Yeah I'm boring that way :P

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    I got one from the shaman event in wayfarer foothills that had furs and feathers wrapped around the blade with leather. Was so hot. Might have a screenshot on my comp.....

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I will def run that dungeon till I get that drop and then use its skin for all future upgrades. image

If only legendaries were that easy to acquire. Right now they seem to require a riduclous amount of skill point grinding, gathering and maybe a bit of luck. I predict that the first legendary will be acquired 1 1/2 months after release.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Kuinn

I dont like much the disco-stick style "epic" weapons in fantasy games, I hope I get to change the skin of my weapons in GW2 to look more normal. I just want a huge iron sword or hammer that maybe has some gold carvings to make it look expensive, not a weapon full of glitter, flames, lights, sparkles or any other stuff that makes it look like just a mess or a huge maglite lol.

Same goes with armour, heavy armour that looks something like a real knight armour beats any "epic" heavy carnival-jacket that is filled with led-lights. It is possible to change the appearance of your stuff, right?

Yeah, it's totally possible to change the appearance of your stuff.

As a weaponsmith, I learned how to make a wooden one hand sword.  Crappy damage, looks like it's two slabs of woods attached at the cross point with a nail.

I'm going to use that skin at level 80. :D

Most of the good looking 'normal' armor appears to be around the 30-50 levels or so... when it starts getting elaborate, buto nly in the real world sense.  So just use those skins. :)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Theres plenty of the boring styles to go around. image

Posted Image

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Going for a Sylvari in full Nightmare myself for my Warrior.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

Epic is here

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by Master10K

If only legendaries were that easy to acquire. Right now they seem to require a riduclous amount of skill point grinding, gathering and maybe a bit of luck. I predict that the first legendary will be acquired 1 1/2 months after release.

Where does one even find any info on these legendary items, I believe this thread for me is the first time ive ever heard of them o.O

EDIT: Just found it on a wiki apparently - anyway, there appears to be mystic items as well which apparently should be of higher quality ?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Maggon
    Originally posted by Master10K

Where does one even find any info on these legendary items, I believe this thread for me is the first time ive ever heard of them o.O

EDIT: Just found it on a wiki apparently - anyway, there appears to be mystic items as well which apparently should be of higher quality ?

[mod edit: Please try not to break the forum frames.]                                

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

I'm fine with glowing runes or even an aura with some particle effects about the item, but otherwise I agree, I'd prefer a more realistic/normal look.  The stuff that looks like 50lbs of metal crudely shaped into something...pass.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

I think I'll be happy with my Fellblade (GW1 HoM Exclusive) U Jelly?:)

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by xposeidon

I think I'll be happy with my Fellblade (GW1 HoM Exclusive) U Jelly?:)

Thats a pretty bad ass meat clever right there... ;)

Originally posted by Meowhead

Yeah, it's totally possible to change the appearance of your stuff.

As a weaponsmith, I learned how to make a wooden one hand sword.  Crappy damage, looks like it's two slabs of woods attached at the cross point with a nail.

I'm going to use that skin at level 80. :D

Great, I wasnt sure if I can change only certain stuff.

Will the wooden sword get named "Humiliation" at 80? :P

Theres plenty of the boring styles to go around. image

The sword in that picture is pretty much what I ment! Looks great! :D

^ That "meat cleaver" is nice too, good times ahead.