Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test tomorrow!

2»

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by cattywhompus
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Or are these "Stress Tests" meant for Australian players?

Europe actually, where they have an incredibly large playerbase.  It'll be primetime for them.

Just wish they would have stress tests for PDT primetime folks.  That way I could actually play it lol.  Ohh well, another 4 days and I'll be in for real.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    They only gave the US one prime-time stress test. Frustrating, but with about 4 days to go before HS, it's just not worth getting upset over.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by fiontar
    They only gave the US one prime-time stress test. Frustrating, but with about 4 days to go before HS, it's just not worth getting upset over.

could speculate that they got all the testing they needed from the NA servers during the BWEs but who knows.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    awesome! just pre-purchased today! (thanks jay wilson lol). was having trouble with game client crashing, but I didn't realize I had to confirm a new email, and also I suspect game wasn't active. Anyway looking forward to trying to login without crashes and trying out the races! hopefully lol!
  • GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Nice, I'll finally get to try out the game since I just pre-purchased it on Saturday.
  • nemodain2010nemodain2010 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Awesomeeee! I get to try out my new mouse!

Nemo

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Yippee ki yay
  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

During this stress test, they will be actively working and so will I, heheh

No GW2 for me, sad face

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I don't think this stress test is going to work out as well. Knowing that I will be playing at the end of the week, I'm not really stressed at all about not being able to play tomorrow.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    thanks for info
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    All these events do is make it harder for me to decide on my first character
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    YAY! My day off! I was hoping for one more stress test so i can try a couple things before I make my final launch day character choice =D

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Looking at the times this proofs to me that the stress test is really what they say it is, a test, and not so much a marketing tool..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Well at least this test gives me the opportunity to check if I still have the same connectivity issues I had in the last two Stress Tests so I can be prepared for the launch at saturday! :)

Thanks for sharing the news!

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Looking at the times this proofs to me that the stress test is really what they say it is, a test, and not so much a marketing tool.. 

Probably a little of both. All good either way.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    They make those stress tests at EU prime time, becouse it's middle of the day in US. Prime time in US is middle of the night in EU. If you make test at such time, you might as well not open EU servers at all, they will be empty anyway.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

If Anet used stress test as a marketing tool then the time of said events would be totaly diffrent.
    Most people work and most kids are at school.
    And no open beta = only people who already bought GW2 get to test and not pre orders or whatever.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Pushkina

This is pathetic. I've never seen a company in my life that doesn't know how to do a stress test.

4pm PST? That is literally smack dab in the MIDDLE of the working day for the United States, Canada, Mexico, and I believe countries like Great Britain are going to bed around this time?

Do they not understand what a "stress test" means?

It is a perfect time for us her in eu.

+1

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

This is pathetic. I've never seen a company in my life that doesn't know how to do a stress test.

4pm PST? That is literally smack dab in the MIDDLE of the working day for the United States, Canada, Mexico, and I believe countries like Great Britain are going to bed around this time?

As an European I really feel like we have recived a special treatment with the stresstest, but....

ArenaNet have their largest playerbase in Europa. The second largest in the States. Any other time than works hours for americans,  would bring night time into play for either Europe or American fans (they have done that a friday). It is night time for Australians and evening for Europeans. AreanaNet have to work on the game themself. It really looks like its is the best option ArenaNet have is to work on they game during normal workhours.

But offcause they havent come up with a blogpost explaining the issue , to avoid anger eruption like this.

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

I can move my work later into the day so I'm one of the few working adults that can take advantage of the stress test.  I feel for you guys that can't but the head start is just around the corner and we'll be able to play when we find some leisure hours.

Looking forward to rolling a new class tomorrow!

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by jondifool

It really looks like its is the best option ArenaNet have is to work on they game during normal workhours.

I don't think they have "normal"  working hours at Arenanet this close to release ;)

Probably it's more about the tech guys having to be on site in the datacenters which more often than not is a partly outsourced team.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by fiontar

could speculate that they got all the testing they needed from the NA servers during the BWEs but who knows.

And I assume the datacenter and server setup / infrastructure are (almost) identical for both datacenters, therefor the results from a stress test mainly played in EU also apply to NA.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Awesome, going to spend the test creating the look of my characters. Saves some time come saturday :)