Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No advertisement?

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by squalleonaha
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

they was kicked in the ass by investors to release the game fast to get quick cash. they wont even have enough time to advertising because they are  busy fixing the game with "stress test". i've played GW1 from beta till now and i'm really worry about GW2.

all they do till now are again law of business: no advertising. game least on back to school day instead of wait for 2-3 more month for thanks giving and christmas. "stress test" till 2 last weeks of game release.

there is no company that doesn't want money as they are.

lol you haven't been following the game at all have you?

yeah, you followed it that why you only see their back but not the front.

Diablo 3 when it's not came out has tons of fans and follower and blizz still advertising to get more players. you think GW2 has more fans than that?

they dont even have time to post news on their official website but to use facebook and twitter.

if you played GW1 beta then you know what they already done before the time the game release.

lol... Yes, I think GW2 has more fans than that, because blizzard lost alot of their fans just because of the RMAH and a lot of them knew D3 won't live up to the expectations (which it didn't).. I've seen a post on reddit where people are counting pre-purchases/pre-orders trough web and it's well over 1.45 million last time I checked... Now if you add a lot of retailer copies plus the CE editions and you get a massive launch...

So the fastest growing mmorpg to date was swtor with over 1 million copies sold (or so they say) in the first week of launch... If the post on reddit is correct GW2 already has more copies sold than swtor with prepurchases. So yeah, who knew! eh? :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

they was kicked in the ass by investors to release the game fast to get quick cash. they wont even have enough time to advertising because they are  busy fixing the game with "stress test". i've played GW1 from beta till now and i'm really worry about GW2.

all they do till now are again law of business: no advertising. game least on back to school day instead of wait for 2-3 more month for thanks giving and christmas. "stress test" till 2 last weeks of game release.

Diablo 3 when it's not came out has tons of fans and follower and blizz still advertising to get more players. you think GW2 has more fans than that?

they dont even have time to post news on their official website but to use facebook and twitter.

if you played GW1 beta then you know what they already done before the time the game release.

Um can someone explain to me why this person is assuming the developers are also in charge of marketing? am i missing something here?

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    must be popular enough not to advertise. saves them money.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by ajayazir
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Toxia

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!11!!1

1/10 because i laughed.

I didn't.  I'd have to be able to translate it first.

Umm people don't mess with that guy, pretty sure he's KOR... meaning he'll be your boss in GW2.... if not some other KOR~

Just saying~

See my first post in this thread as a response.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

Apple still advertising Iphone, Ipad whenever  they releasing a new one even though they have millions of fans and consumer.

there is no such thing as GW2 dont need advertisement. or at least officialy announcing the release date.

it's simple, when something unusual happen then it's probly having problems. kids who will play game for 1-2 months will never see these problem and they doesn't care about how GW2 will be.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Apple still advertising Iphone, Ipad whenever  they releasing a new one even though they have millions of fans and consumer.

there is no such thing as GW2 dont need advertisement. or at least officialy announcing the release date.

it's simple, when something unusual happen then it's probly having problems. kids who will play game for 1-2 months will never see these problem and they doesn't care about how GW2 will be.

don't worry your little head GW2 is going to be just fine.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

i think people said the same before May when Diablo 3 about to be released.

Diablo 3 has sold what 10 million copies now worldwide? think it did just fine as well.. i personally don't care for the game but it sold very well.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Yeah, except like every single person who pre purchased has played the crap outta this game and knows it is great.

Which is why we smile and shake our head at you for your attempts.

But please, keep trying, we have less than a week to wait after all.

You might succeed.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by ajayazir

1/10 because i laughed.

Umm people don't mess with that guy, pretty sure he's KOR... meaning he'll be your boss in GW2.... if not some other KOR~

Just saying~

See my first post in this thread as a response.

Damn you must be Korean too~ 

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

1/10 because i laughed.

Put it into babelfish and translate it into another language and then copy/paste and put it back into english..

Yeah, except like every single person who pre purchased has played the crap outta this game and knows it is great.

Which is why we smile and shake our head at you for your attempts.

But please, keep trying, we have less than a week to wait after all.

You might succeed.

what success am i trying to achive? lol.

i've played FF14. every single friend who bought Diablo 3 with me quited.

just a little worry about state of GW2 and i dont want GW2 become same as those above.

or maybe after 6 months they annouce that b/c the box sell not as expected so they have to start sell "other" in-game items. lol.

well nvm me then

• morbiasmorbias Member Posts: 7

LOL Poor Arenanet...They cant win

Either GW2 is the most overhyped game in the history of MMO's...now its not being hyped enough!!!

You people slay me....lol

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    They don't need to. But I wouldn't mind seeing a sick CGI Trailer
  • PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

When I went to see Dark Knight Rises, this video was in the pre-show ads:

• SilverminkSilvermink Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by PTED

When I went to see Dark Knight Rises, this video was in the pre-show ads:

I'm glad to hear they are finally advertising. This was something I posted about a month ago.  I'm also glad they finally updated guildwars2.com. Having very little info there seemed wrong. Facebook and twitter and anet.com are fine, but everything should be visible from the games website first.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Honner
    I do not see GW2 anywhere on the internet unless I look for it, and with less than 5 days until launch, makes me think if they are going to do some advertisement at all. what do you think?

they probably looked at the pre-purchased/pre-order numbers and figure they don't need to waiste the money on it.. just a guess but might be why.

You may be right. They probably have the best guestimate on servers to players and don't want to blow it. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by Xzen
    http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-PC-Hardware/zgbs/videogames/229575/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_1_vgLooks like they are doing pretty good to me.

LMAO, they hold 3 of the top 5 slots!

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by morbias

Either GW2 is the most overhyped game in the history of MMO's...now its not being hyped enough!!!

I'm thinking you dont know the difference between hype and advertising.  One is generated by the players and one is generated by the publisher.

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121

another good one for advertising 

Protectors of Tyria   :)

play it LOUD gives ya goosebumps:P

And best of all it's all done with ingame graphics, no bloody CGI.

The company itself hasn't done any major advertising, and yet many morons call it over hyping.

Stun Wars, Tera, etc those are the overhyped ones. LOLS

Originally posted by latinkuro

another good one for advertising 

Protectors of Tyria   :)

play it LOUD gives ya goosebumps:P

And best of all it's all done with ingame graphics, no bloody CGI.

The company itself hasn't done any major advertising, and yet many morons call it over hyping.

Stun Wars, Tera, etc those are the overhyped ones. LOLS

I enjoy a good cgi but mostly enjoy when a game can pull off great trailers with in-game graphics

• morbiasmorbias Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by morbias

I'm thinking you dont know the difference between hype and advertising.  One is generated by the players and one is generated by the publisher.

Advertising is in fact a form of hype...When a publisher promotes their product they are hyping it. I think so many of us have been reading all the venom spewed on these boards that we forget "hype" was not alwatys a pejorative but had a normal english language meaning. That's where I was coming from.

Hype:

Noun:
    1. Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
    2. A hypodermic needle or injection.
    Verb:
    1. Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
    2. Stimulate or excite (someone): "I was hyped up because I wanted to do well".

+9000K

comparing GW2 to D3 is so not a proper comparison,

D3 only sold many copies because of D2 and they let the fans down.

GW2 is a whole other story, arenanet actually cares about making the best game possible not jut trying to sell as many copies of the game only counting on the name to do so.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by scotty899
    must be popular enough not to advertise. saves them money.

Personally I think it's this one. Sales have been up for months now, they know how many units they've sold and how many have been preordered, plus they have an idea of the amount of people and the kind of interest for the game based on the BWEs and the stress tests.

That said, they have done advertising. Granted, I haven't seen the first actual paid ad for them yet, but they've had lots of promotional videos, press events, interviews, fan events and things like that, without taking into account word of mouth. That's all part of advertising, not just ads.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

THX Aerowyn, I will be putting thins one on my signature I love it that much the music is totally epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=vOYP4ViTYzU