Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOON SQUAD- LGBT+ALLY [PVX] GUILD

Comments

• boonie808boonie808 Member UncommonPosts: 60

Come visit our site and see what our boonies were up to during the stress test!

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Alas I have to avoid any footage for spoiler reasons. The logo isn’t bad but I still think the triangular Golem would have worked better.

Come check us out, we are still voting for our home server as we speak.

BOON SQUAD!

Join us now as we prepare for the launch of guildwars 2.

wanna join a guild where you have a say on the emblem you wear to represent your guild. Then join us now we are currently holding an emblem contest!

Only a week a way before head start come join us and see what our plans are for launch........

hmmm...launch party perhaps? come find out! =)

I had a great time in the chat last night with our boonies. Its been so much fun getting ti know everyone before launch! Now launch is going to be even more amazing!

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Hi. Please don't repeatedly bump your own thread with random posts just to keep it near the top of the forum.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• bletsoniusbletsonius Member UncommonPosts: 53
    i applied for the guild for the secret world sector, unfortunately im Iluminati, so i cant actually join yet, but im pretty much convinced ill follow u guys in GW2 as well... u cant belive what an awesome tank or dps im in TSW, prolly the same in GW2! :P ill see you in-game at some point for sure. ciao for now!
  • BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44

so, just out of curiosity, is there a reason a players rl secksuality is sposed to matter in this or any online game? do you sit around in your guild chat and talk about secksual things? i think i already know the answer i would get: no, you dont. i was also told that by a gay rift guild member who was recruiting and spammed that info in their announcements.

i guess i just dont understand what someones secksuality in real life would matter to anyone in a video game, specially since it has no bearing on anything in it. kind of makes me wonder what someone would call me if i was to start a straight guild....probably a homophobe.

i dont have any problem with what anyone wants to do, thats not my point. im just asking a simple question. this decision to create this type of guild bugs me simply because there is no reason to do it. it perpetuates the rift between the gays and straights instead of trying to mend it by making it obvious that there is that divide between them. as i said i am straight, but lets say someone straight wanted to join your guild and they either did or didnt make it known what their orientation was, would you either refuse them if they said so or kick them later if they didnt say until they had been recruited?

simply put, since i am straight and dont care to make known to anyone my personal life (except to make this point), and i dont care if anyone in my guild would be 'that way', i dont see the need for a guild to be made specifically for that purpose. if its such a big deal for lgbt to be accepted as normal like everyone else, they shouldnt act like they need a 'special' guild just for those people, they should join a regular off the wall guild and be like everyone else, then they would be accepted as normal.

*btw mods, i'm not trying to flame anyone or push any buttons, i simply asked a question. so if i get either banned or punished it's on you not me.

Originally posted by Brenacus
    so, just out of curiosity, is there a reason a players rl secksuality is sposed to matter in this or any online game? do you sit around in your guild chat and talk about secksual things? i think i already know the answer i would get: no, you dont. i was also told that by a gay rift guild member who was recruiting and spammed that info in their announcements.i guess i just dont understand what someones secksuality in real life would matter to anyone in a video game, specially since it has no bearing on anything in it. kind of makes me wonder what someone would call me if i was to start a straight guild....probably a homophobe.i dont have any problem with what anyone wants to do, thats not my point. im just asking a simple question. this decision to create this type of guild bugs me simply because there is no reason to do it. it perpetuates the rift between the gays and straights instead of trying to mend it by making it obvious that there is that divide between them. as i said i am straight, but lets say someone straight wanted to join your guild and they either did or didnt make it known what their orientation was, would you either refuse them if they said so or kick them later if they didnt say until they had been recruited?simply put, since i am straight and dont care to make known to anyone my personal life (except to make this point), and i dont care if anyone in my guild would be 'that way', i dont see the need for a guild to be made specifically for that purpose. if its such a big deal for lgbt to be accepted as normal like everyone else, they shouldnt act like they need a 'special' guild just for those people, they should join a regular off the wall guild and be like everyone else, then they would be accepted as normal. *btw mods, i'm not trying to flame anyone or push any buttons, i simply asked a question. so if i get either banned or punished it's on you not me.

Well i dont expect for you to understand since your straight and never have experienced any of the uncomfortable remarks alot of careless disrespectful players tend to make in game. Our guild is not exclusively for LGBT members we have straight men and women that have joined our guild and are happily contributing to keeping our guild going.
    Your titled to your own opinion. But as guild leader of BOON SQAUD i have gotten many messages from my BOONIES giving me thanks for making a guild where they are free to be them selves and not be judged for who they are. As guild leader of this community i do feel that i am doing something right by creating an open environment where players of all sort can come in and just have fun with out having to feel uncomfortable or left out.

If you want to go ahead and bash me for doing that then good luck, because my guild is still growing and i will always keep it open to any players out there who are looking for a safe place to play and be them selves.

We are so close to alunch and i just wanted update you guys on the guild we chose our server and will be rolling on northern shiverpeaks!

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I think the fact that you mentioned your boyfriend killed it for 90% of the people here :p

Originally posted by joeri123
    I think the fact that you mentioned your boyfriend killed it for 90% of the people here :p

Not at all we are actually having a successful time with with recruiting members.

We recently added a bunch of updates to the site. =) come top by and check to see whats new.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by boonie808

We are so close to alunch and i just wanted update you guys on the guild we chose our server and will be rolling on northern shiverpeaks!

If you are doing also some RP stuff shouldnt you be heading to Tarnished Coast? I recall it being the unofficial RP server in US. The common thought also is that RP servers are more tolerant and friendly generally speaking, dunno if it has any impact on GW2 since there's no official RP servers.

we will be playing all aspects of the game and our main concern right now is getting the guild on a non full server so we can all play together.

Guild wars 2 finally comes out tomorrow night ! Finally how excited are you?

News we will be conducting a wvw tour guide within our guild the first week of launch so if your looking to get involved in a guild that knows what they are doing on the field come pay us a visit!

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Can't wait to see everyone in game! Great guild and website!

Thank You ^. We had so much fun at our launch party last night. Our guild hosted a server launch party at the lions arch, see the site for screens from the party!!

Hey guys, We have made about 100x update to the site since launch.
    Lots of new exciting things are happening! Please come check out our site and see for your self! Come be apart of the squad!

I had so much fun last night with my boonies in wvw we captured at least 4 keeps it was amazing im so proud of every one. Photos can be found on the site!

Check out our embelm.