Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG With Active Low Level Dungeons

schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an MMO where low level dungeoning still exists.

I don't mind if it is p2p or f2p, but I would prefer it to be f2p.

I have tried EQ2, but it seems like most people just quest and keep to themselves.

I haven't tried LotRO, AoC, VG, DDO, or Rift yet, but I may give them a try if people give some positive feedback for those games.

I like the look of AoC, but last I've heard, you need to buy the dungeons...which means most people are just going to quest grind by themselves?

Ultimately, I want to do a little bit of questing and dungeoning while I level, and then ultimately get into some raiding.

Thanks for the read.

Comments

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I would give Vanguard a look.  There aren't instanced dungeons, but a lot of the early group quests involve going into areas that are basically mini-dungeon runs with named mobs and higher level gear that drops.  The nice thing is they can be cleared in around an hour or so with a 4 man or more group.
  • schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79
    I would give Vanguard a look.  There aren't instanced dungeons, but a lot of the early group quests involve going into areas that are basically mini-dungeon runs with named mobs and higher level gear that drops.  The nice thing is they can be cleared in around an hour or so with a 4 man or more group.

Is the game actually populated now, or is it still a ghost town? I've heard a lot of people complaing about how terrible the f2p aspect of vg is.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    If your looking for a good dungeon crawller game DDO is good for that and the low lvl to end game gets played but if your looking for only low lvl content dungeon runs not sure.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by schrollbach
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79

Is the game actually populated now, or is it still a ghost town? I've heard a lot of people complaing about how terrible the f2p aspect of vg is.

The only game that I have ever been able to get into low/medium level dungeons in what I felt was a reasonable amount of time was WoW.  10-15 minutes is the longest i waited as a dps and that is reasonable to me.  Most other games you seem to have to get in on the game in the first few weeks to be able to enjoy the early/mid level dungeon content.

• chilipinchilipin Member Posts: 13
    Try Dragona, I believe they have level 20 dungeons and such. Gamesite.

Come to the World of Magic Earth. http://dragona.sc.gameclub.com

• schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I will give vanguard a try. Will it be more populated since the F2P launch, or is it still pretty devoid of life?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

WoW would be your best bet if you want an active playerbase running low-mid level dungeons. Once you reach level 15, you can start using the dungeon finder system. I've leveled characters from 15 to max level entirely through the dungeon finder. Queue times are pretty fast, especially if you queue as a healer or tank.

Just wanted to add that since you mentioned that you wanna mix in some questing with dungeon runs, and then eventually do some raiding, WoW is definitely your best bet.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    TSW has low level dungeons, plus a good game to boot. AAAAND there is a 3 day free trail!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully
    TSW has low level dungeons, plus a good game to boot. AAAAND there is a 3 day free trail!

I suggest waiting till it goes f2p.

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433

Hey guys,

I have tried EQ2, but it seems like most people just quest and keep to themselves.

I haven't tried LotRO, AoC, VG, DDO, or Rift yet, but I may give them a try if people give some positive feedback for those games.

I like the look of AoC, but last I've heard, you need to buy the dungeons...which means most people are just going to quest grind by themselves?

Ultimately, I want to do a little bit of questing and dungeoning while I level, and then ultimately get into some raiding.

Thanks for the read.

Vanguard dungeons are booming with people.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Tibernicus

Hey guys,

Thanks for the read.

Vanguard dungeons are booming with people.

agreed, Vanguard and DDO are your best options imo, different games but both are awesome.

• ThreeSixtyThreeSixty Member UncommonPosts: 41

Definitely give Vanguard a look before the "free" honeymoon wears off.  Low level areas that had 0-4 players in them last month now have dozens, and there are dungeons at virtually all levels (quality can always be debated, but for sheer quantity Vanguard has more low-level PvE than probably any game in existence).  Like any MMO, don't be shy and just build a group yourself if you don't see one advertising.  Use the game's group-finder too.

If you want to run dungeons from day one, don't start on Isle of Dawn.  In your mid-teens definitely try to hit Khegor's End with a group.  Giant area, budget a few hours in advance for it.