Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

someone please burn GW2 to a disc and send it to me. Download speed is slow. United Kingdom

mrbananasmrbananas Member UncommonPosts: 28
I want to purchase the pre-purchase version cd key with 3 day early start and bonus items. However my broadband just peaks over 250kb/s will take me ages as people sharing the connection. Can someone from the UK please burn the game on disc so i can purchase the cd keys.

Please send me a msg so i can send you my home adress for thr delivery will pay for the blank cd via paypal.

Kind regards GW2 community

Comments

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51
    The full game isn't downloadable yet I believe.
  • lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219
    Have you tried the pirate bay?
    Originally posted by dracopie

No, the game client are all the same. You can get the client right now.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by lightblade

it would be a few dvds to do it but someone could send it to him it will take  longer than a week from the us he better start downloading it now

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Wow, cant imagine it being that slow, wont that effect your play experience as well?

I don't get why people need to go to such lengths and pay so much more for 4 earlier days of play time, 28th is good enough surely? I'll be walking into the shop and walking out with that white DVD case very happy, GW2 is worthy of more than just the usual download, look at it as 4 extra days to get the HoM rewards from GW1.

Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by lightblade

it would be a few dvds to do it but someone could send it to him it will take  longer than a week from the us he better start downloading it now

There's a good chance that the client has updated by the time the disk arrives for him, so he has to download the whole thing again.

• mrbananasmrbananas Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I cant download on torrent as my service provider throttles p2p sharing. Can someone upload it on a direct download provider? I cant thinl of a solution.
  • sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    isn't is possible for you to go to an internet cafe and download it there?

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by mrbananas
    I cant download on torrent as my service provider throttles p2p sharing. Can someone upload it on a direct download provider? I cant thinl of a solution.

umm i might be able to give you the small exe to just download it since you dont need to login to download the client

http://rapidgator.net/file/34507145/Gw2.exe.html here just start downloading it you have a few days put the exe in its own folder wher ever you want it and let it run

Originally posted by zevni78

Wow, cant imagine it being that slow, wont that effect your play experience as well? I don't get why people need to go to such lengths and pay so much more for 4 earlier days of play time, 28th is good enough surely? I'll be walking into the shop and walking out with that white DVD case very happy, GW2 is worthy of more than just the usual download, look at it as 4 extra days to get the HoM rewards from GW1.

Theres a difference between top download speeds and rendering of graphics. mmos dont require 20mb broadband 1-2mb broadband is fine
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Have you access to a laptop? If so go to Starbucks or the library or a public wifi.
    Originally posted by Gorilla

Have you access to a laptop? If so go to Starbucks or the library or a public wifi.

How big is the total game? Lol thats alot of coffees. I guess library is not a bad idea. I just dont want to risk paying $70 for a game which i cant download rather go with the standard copy and miss out the bonuses.
    yea even at 100 kb a sec it should only take a day or 2 to download the 15 ish gigs

How big is the total game? Lol thats alot of coffees. I guess library is not a bad idea. I just dont want to risk paying $70 for a game which i cant download rather go with the standard copy and miss out the bonuses.

i gave you the gw2 exe so you can start downloading it it will be done a day ro 2 before friday if you start it now

umm i might be able to give you the small exe to just download it since you dont need to login to download the client

http://rapidgator.net/file/34507145/Gw2.exe.html here just start downloading it you have a few days put the exe in its own folder wher ever you want it and let it run

I appreciate it wil run it in the morning ty. I presume you can pause amd continue as you wish.

i gave you the gw2 exe so you can start downloading it it will be done a day ro 2 before friday if you start it now

Theres no difference between EU client or NA client is there?
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Yeah you may end up pretty wired, hadn't thought of that. I think it's probably your end as I think you suspected. If you find somewhere with decent wifi you should be done in 2 or maybe 3 hours. As others have said if you leave it running you should be done by the weekend as long as its not completely stalling.

Theres no difference between EU client or NA client is there?

yea its the same  . your going to have to give it 48 hours tho to make sur eit downloaded before the head start

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Someone from UK HELP THIS MAN!!!! PLEASE O_O

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    The various locales in the U.K. must have something like Craigslist in the US. Just post a 'need' on whatever variant you have and start begging. See if someone will burn some discs or allow you to copy the files to an external drive or something (the latter would involve you going into someones home unless they brought a laptop to a shoppe or some such).
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    250k should be fine to download it by the 25th ...
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    250k should be fine to download it by the 25th ...

thats why i gave him the exe to get it running