Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Paragon System Introduced

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by coretex666

Mothanos and Badaboom...

Every time there is a thread which relates to Blizzard or some of its products, they do not hesitate to come and throw dirt. I believe that this is what "hater" means. Do not believe me? Post history is your friend.

I was a fan of blizzard.  Liked Vanilla WoW and played through the burning crusade.  Was a big fan of D2 with hopes for D3.  I feel that D3 was not good.  I voice my opinion like anyone else.  Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

True.

However, voicing the exact same opinion over and over and over, when it's obviously clear to everyone by this point what your opinion on the subject is, doesn't serve any purpose other than to annoy the other users of the forum.

Great, you expressed your opinion which is well within your right and the very purpose of the forum. How about conducting yourself like an adult from this point forward and just leaving it be?

No need to rehash the same thing ad infinitum.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by learis
    So this is just a way to keep people interested in repeating the same content over and over once they hit max level?

Some people, such as myself, intend to beat the game without the use of the AH. The game improvements will help that. We play the game for fun. Hard to believe but it's true.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Mothanos and Badaboom...

Every time there is a thread which relates to Blizzard or some of its products, they do not hesitate to come and throw dirt. I believe that this is what "hater" means. Do not believe me? Post history is your friend.

I was a fan of blizzard.  Liked Vanilla WoW and played through the burning crusade.  Was a big fan of D2 with hopes for D3.  I feel that D3 was not good.  I voice my opinion like anyone else.  Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

Yea, I am really enjoying your opinion sometimes. Especially when it is something like "GTFO WoW" which is a direct quote from one of your posts where you were expressing your unbiased ex-fan opinion.

LOL, I have my moments.  Point taken.

• V1kN1kV1kN1k Member UncommonPosts: 27
    more content , untill then D2

DMC

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    All these changes will mean D3 xpac will get it right..
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

This may help extend the life of the game, but ultimately the main problem Diablo 3 has is the auction house. Items are just not as exciting to find when you can just go throw half the stuff you get on the auction house to get something better later. It removes pretty much all the thrill of the item hunt. People played Diablo 2 for years because they would get massive collections of loot they can trade to other players for stuff they want for their characters.

Not to mention that the problem is still there with the skill system. Once you max out one character there is absolutely no point to level another. Sure, now it will take longer, but I imagine most people will stop around 80 or so because the benefit at that point will get pretty trivial (especially considering the stat gain is not very much when you level anyways)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    You just got Jay Wilsoned.
  • mbolmembolme Member Posts: 48

Mothanos and Badaboom...

IMO, leave them alone. I'm a big boy and can filter my own internet information. Badaboom and Mothanos have a right to express how they feel as often as they wish, provided they don't break board rules.

I got bored with D3 at level 38 (iirc), so Paragon isn't helping me at all. I'm playing D2 again, and loving it.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168
    D3 is not worth the re-install on the SSD.

this win the thread,

ever since i got an ssd (and sdd life), i realy pick what i install... and this is one game that just not worth it.

worst 60$ ive have spent for a video game. 

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Negative comments geared towards grinding in a Diablo game are hilarious.

Maybe someone should point out to some of the forum dwellers here that that is the point of the game, and why people played D2 for 10 years, and why Blizzard made WoW the way they did.

There's an incredibly large number of people that enjoy farming in games. 

Yes, seems perfectly reasonable to spurge an opinion about the nature of a game, when the game is designed with that purpose in mind.  Let's complain about grinding and farming in a game built around that, becuase it's perfectly relevant to the article  for which this thread is dedicated.   (sarcasm is obvious)

The crapton of people still playing D3 are going to appreciate this update.  And Blizzard will continue extracting vitriol and tears from haters who actually think they represent the majority of people anyone cares about.

Thank you for the hate filled opinions, said no one ever.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Hmm so they added 100 new lvls to grind. And people say gamers don't like grinding. D3 is the ultimate proof that gamers love grinding and can do it for years.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I quit D3, but this is a good step in the right direction.   I have to wonder what the deal will be with the balance. 

I quit when my DH kept getting one shot by any attack on the A2 Inferno boss.  I simply didn't want to spend weeks farming gold for items.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I like their fix for gear swapping as well.  They are capping MF at 300% before NV.  This means gear swapping will not be necessary or beneficial as you approach the paragon lvl 100.

I love this fix and will probably return for it.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Maybe someone should point out to some of the forum dwellers here that that is the point of the game, and why people played D2 for 10 years, and why Blizzard made WoW the way they did.

Yes, seems perfectly reasonable to spurge an opinion about the nature of a game, when the game is designed with that purpose in mind.  Let's complain about grinding and farming in a game built around that, becuase it's perfectly relevant to the article  for which this thread is dedicated.   (sarcasm is obvious)

The crapton of people still playing D3 are going to appreciate this update.  And Blizzard will continue extracting vitriol and tears from haters who actually think they represent the majority of people anyone cares about.

its not the grinding,

its the dull story.

its the wow style gfx.

its the Ah.

its that they somehow made a co-op game (d2) less co-op and yet still force you to use an online DRM...

its the lame gear w/o real stats.

its the "only 1 build for infarno" insted of many builds.

it comes to it that the game is just boring after doing the same story line for the 3rd time.

there is no "spirit" or motive to play. its boring.

yes they sold many boxes... but will they keep all those people playing and buying dlc etc? i dont think so.

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

i welcome these upgrades-yes upgrades not changes, this game was lacking alot at relase date.

now it seems they are polishing it up. anyone who is interested in playign D3 , now is the time right  todo so-with all these new upgrades.

it should be fun- if you ignore the dull story that comes with it.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by biogerm
    Originally posted by Uhwop

its not the grinding,

its the dull story.

its the wow style gfx.

its the Ah.

its that they somehow made a co-op game (d2) less co-op and yet still force you to use an online DRM...

its the lame gear w/o real stats.

its the "only 1 build for infarno" insted of many builds.

it comes to it that the game is just boring after doing the same story line for the 3rd time.

there is no "spirit" or motive to play. its boring.

yes they sold many boxes... but will they keep all those people playing and buying dlc etc? i dont think so.

A bunch of irrelevant stuff is all I see; has no bearing on the update.

And in the larger context of things there only needs to be enough people not bored by the game to make it worthwhile to produce; which was clearly the case for D3. 

Games already made, games already sold a crapton, it bores you, no one cares.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/

You can thank me later.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    If they dont make the game dark and hellsih as diablo 2 was im not going back besides we have gw2 to play for 2 years till they fix this cartoon diablo into real diablo

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Draron
    Nice update. For those saying where's PVP, they already said it's not coming anytime in the 1.0x patches. These aren't meant to be content patches, though they'll surely come sometime.

Its a crap update. I wont even be doing the pvp but I'm with all of them asking where its at. So much for Blizzard and "When its ready". Funny they just got done making fun of people from blizzard north when they produce something like D3.

I liked D3 but I'm not dilusional. The game is bad. I was just craving a dungeon crawler. At this point I wish I would have donated that $60 to path of exile. A MUCH better dungeon crawler.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Xobdnas
    Hamsters gonna hamster

Great time to be a hamster, though for the life of me I just dont get repeating stuf ove and over and over again. Blizzard really have that nailed. 

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by xenogias

I liked D3 but I'm not dilusional. The game is bad. I was just craving a dungeon crawler. At this point I wish I would have donated that $60 to path of exile. A MUCH better dungeon crawler.

This is simply not true. Path of Exile and D3 are bascially about same deal, killling mobs to hit the jackpot and get uber items. However PoE is more old-school like D2, which is okay as some people dislike changes and think D3 went too far with no statpoints/skill tree. Fair enough, but I dare to say that there are sa many if not more people who actually enjoy getting rid of old skill tree and statpoints.

I really like some of the PoE ideas, like maps or various runes, BUT there will be also a cash shop and no auction hall will be nightmare. Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine MMO game with old school trading via chat or vendor shops, this is plain bad design. I feel that I'm wasting time using D3 AH but I shudder when I think about browsing websites/forums for price checks, sifting trough chat/vendors to find interesting offer or spam it to sell something in PoE. Not to mention you'll get gold farming bots spamming 24/7 in same chat...

And finally PoE is also online only aka always DRM game, no RMAH but with cash shop and I'd be carful with hyping up about MUCH better dungeon crawler until we can actaully see how it looks at release. It's like with D3.  Everyone expected that it'd be the end of all ARPGs, giant, best game ever that'll last for 1 year of constant playing, great story, not too hard but not too easy, with no AH but with easy trading, no online only but no hackers. Result was less impressive nontheless it's a good game if you drop overblown expectations.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

This really seems so pointless. Still no PVP, 

Instead they want you to run the same thing about 300 more times.

The only adavantage the Paragon levels give is to the gold farmer's and gear farmer's-

After level 60 most players just stop playing D3, as there is nothing left to do but inferno runs.(Most dont) 

Do you really want to run inferno 300 more times for paragon levels?  Only if your a farmer...

They only thing this will change is to give the farmer's there chance to  get or stay on top of he RMAH. Which is more money in blizz's  pocket.

( I wish people would realize D3 is just a money maker for them, they dont care about making it fun)

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by crazynanny
    Originally posted by xenogias

This is simply not true. Path of Exile and D3 are bascially about same deal, killling mobs to hit the jackpot and get uber items. However PoE is more old-school like D2, which is okay as some people dislike changes and think D3 went too far with no statpoints/skill tree. Fair enough, but I dare to say that there are sa many if not more people who actually enjoy getting rid of old skill tree and statpoints.

I really like some of the PoE ideas, like maps or various runes, BUT there will be also a cash shop and no auction hall will be nightmare. Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine MMO game with old school trading via chat or vendor shops, this is plain bad design. I feel that I'm wasting time using D3 AH but I shudder when I think about browsing websites/forums for price checks, sifting trough chat/vendors to find interesting offer or spam it to sell something in PoE. Not to mention you'll get gold farming bots spamming 24/7 in same chat...

And finally PoE is also online only aka always DRM game, no RMAH but with cash shop and I'd be carful with hyping up about MUCH better dungeon crawler until we can actaully see how it looks at release. It's like with D3.  Everyone expected that it'd be the end of all ARPGs, giant, best game ever that'll last for 1 year of constant playing, great story, not too hard but not too easy, with no AH but with easy trading, no online only but no hackers. Result was less impressive nontheless it's a good game if you drop overblown expectations.

PoE blows D3 out of the water bud.  They may seem alike, but if you compare them D3 fails pretty bad.

I put 60 hours in D3, PoE is in beta and I have over 150 hrs and still play every day. 

(Side note: I have had D3 sense release, Ive had PoE for 2 weeks)

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Its nice but I still don't feel like repeating the same maps and story over and over. 

If they made new maps and new bosses, WITH and option to auto skip all story. Then I would maybe install this again.

• chilipinchilipin Member Posts: 13
    If there where more to explore I would go for this, but this no way.

Come to the World of Magic Earth. http://dragona.sc.gameclub.com