Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Paragon System Introduced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo III developer blog has been updated with the news that a new "Paragon System", a way to reward top level players with a progression system that will increase core stats as well as gold and magic find. According to devs, it will take as long to progress through the 100 levels of the Paragon System as it did to raise a Diablo 2 character to 99.

Here’s how it works:

• After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels

• There are 100 Paragon levels

• Every Paragon level will reward you with:

• Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level

• 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

• In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown

Read the full post on the Diablo III site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

So... back to diablo 2 huh?

Too bad this piece of garbage is already shunned by the majority

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    ok, but here's the PvP? But I can wait what with GW2 out in a few days and MOP in a months time.
  • Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

As the previous two mentioned, back to Diablo 2 and no pvp yet...

/yawn

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

I would log in but... I took an arrow to the knee.

Sry. For real, I don't see how this helps anyone but the most avid players, even then. No new spells, map areas, bosses, items models... anything, wings even?

Certainly no PVP.

AND, PVP will most likely have to be further delayed since this will most likely unbalance whatever they had in the works.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Nice update. For those saying where's PVP, they already said it's not coming anytime in the 1.0x patches. These aren't meant to be content patches, though they'll surely come sometime.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Dang this is way cool.  The new legendary preview sounds pretty cool, now this, plus they are reworking all the skills for each class (not nerfing) to make more usefull builds. These new changes in this upcoming patch may be exactly what will bring me back to Diablo 3.

Of course yes I am still very much looking foward to the PvP patch but still, they are atleast trying very hard to improve D3.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    [mod edit] At least they are updating. Sounds cool imo.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

it si a good thing that the 2% crowd is not blizzards focus or we would never get any new games or improvments from them.

That being said i find it to be a nice little game to spend some time with from time to time.

This have been a good conversation

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Just wanted to say grats to the five people that will be affected by the recent changes
  • vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    Originally posted by coxyroxy
    [mod edit] At least they are updating. Sounds cool imo.

Do not be fooled son. All blizzard cares about is your cash and nothing else.

It is out of their own interest to keep this 'game' alive so people keep spending in the RMAH.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Grats to 1% of the total playerbase, the rest already left and feel robbed.
    Never ever i will buy 1 more blizzard product/goodbye form a 2 decades fan.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    They announced it now but you can expect it to be availble in 6 months or more.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    D3 is not worth the re-install on the SSD.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Well, dunno about the rest of you but I'll definately come back for this if it's done right.

With the proposed system changes and the legendary items changes things are starting to look promising at last. It's a shame it's taken them so long to start getting things right.

Now, if only they'd let us know they were working on more actual content...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    There item loot algorithm is messed up, that's is what they should fix first..

300% magic find still won't solve (i'm lv60 and no good drops for my class but for others) problem..

They themselves said it, what worked back in D3 days won't work with nowadays gamers but yet still they make the loot system less encouraging to grind and made the AH system more encouraging to visit...

Gw2 & MoP can't come any
  • ChosedarkChosedark Member UncommonPosts: 13

Let me get this straight. They are adding 100 lvl after lvl 60 - called a different name, which is basically a level gain stat wise with no skill gain, and a bonus to magic find etc.

And how is that gonna work with the fact that there is nothing pass Inferno difficulty?

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219
    Great! Now I can play it until GW2 come out. Cheers!
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    D3 is not worth the re-install on the SSD.

Haha same here, I always get the itch for some D3 but I only have 24GB of SSD space left, it will go back on when there's PvP. But got to keep some room for GW2 release patch and MOP.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    This is only for level 60, what happened to levels 1-59 ? You mean 1-59 isn't broken ? What a joke...

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by coretex666

Mothanos and Badaboom...

Every time there is a thread which relates to Blizzard or some of its products, they do not hesitate to come and throw dirt. I believe that this is what "hater" means. Do not believe me? Post history is your friend.

I was a fan of blizzard.  Liked Vanilla WoW and played through the burning crusade.  Was a big fan of D2 with hopes for D3.  I feel that D3 was not good.  I voice my opinion like anyone else.  Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Those are very welcome and expected changes and kudos to Blizz for delivering. This makes D3 from fun game to solid rock game. And thankfully 99% naysayers are gone to next hyped game aka GW2, where we already see increasing hate(hell will break loose after 1-2 weeks when those peeps hit lvl cap and discover no raids, cash shop, no uber gear and good ol' ganking in WvWvW). Then they'll make tons of ragequit threads and go somewhere else looking for "that game who will rule them all" just like some are looking for Loch Ness monster IRL. Honestly expectations of some are so unrealistic that I'm baffled.

Anyways Paragon System is a good feature for all D3 fans, adds longevity to the game and with legendary/set items changes will give quite another few months of gameplay.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Work work !

...and the grind goes on, its ok now you have a goal at least.

First paragorn lvl 100 hardcore char ! Who will it be ??

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Mephster
    This is only for level 60, what happened to levels 1-59 ? You mean 1-59 isn't broken ? What a joke...

No, it's not. L2P.

• learislearis Member UncommonPosts: 13
    So this is just a way to keep people interested in repeating the same content over and over once they hit max level?
  • DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Must.. keep.. ppl.. in the hamster wheel.