Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Music

Smarlow2Smarlow2 Member Posts: 21

I'll be short and to the point:

Does anyone else find music in video games to be amazing? Music really sets the mood for a zone/game for me.

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

An amazing song :')

I wish there were more vocals in gw2 soundtracks but nevertheless they are still amazing especially with dedicated audio card!

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

According to https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-fear-not-this-night-song-now-available/ that song is the Pale Tree singing to her children, the sylvari.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Ooooh that was nice. Thanks for the link :D

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Smarlow2

Does anyone else find music in video games to be amazing? Music really sets the mood for a zone/game for me.

This song is thousand light years ahead of "Lament of the Highbourne". It even have more power to bring the tears...

:')

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I love GW2, I love Jeremy Soule, but for me this sounds like a West End musical number, that's praise if you like West End musicals, I don't. I think having the lyrics follow the main theme like that was a bad idea, the main theme echoing below the lyrics set to their own tune and tempo would have added more depth, created something different and not so predictable.

Music is one of the most subjective things ever, didn't work for me but glad it's getting love from others :)

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Absolutely love Jeremy Soule in GW1,2, elder scrolls.  Anyone have any info on who Asja is?
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Pilut
    Absolutely love Jeremy Soule in GW1,2, elder scrolls.  Anyone have any info on who Asja is?

The VOICE in this song  is Asja Kadric a (beautiful) Serbian singer

• WhiteProphetWhiteProphet Member UncommonPosts: 47
    A true pice of art. Veary great song just this week i parted with a friend with whom we wanted to play gw2 togather, this song put my minde at ease.
  • PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Zzad

She is Asja Kadric a Serbian singer

Thanks. She's got an amazing voice.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Great song !!! oO

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

She is Asja Kadric a Serbian singer

Thanks. She's got an amazing voice.

...and eyes  :D

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Smarlow2

Great song, beautiful voice. When I heard it first time it immidietly reminded me about this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd3a189vcVc&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CqAsBh71UG7Wht6Kfk6Gj-

It would also suit Sylvari, I think.

For Norns, something like this would be great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-lrE2JcO44

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

The VOICE in this song  is Asja Kadric a (beautiful) Serbian singer

Oh, my country-woman. I am glad that they actually hired a true talented singer, unlike some "more popular" artist from my country.

Another +1on Arena.net :)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I made a thread about this a few weeks ago, I mentioned how the music reminded me alot of the Elder Scrolls series, Morrowind was probably the first game i had ever played where i actually noticed/apprciated the the backround tracks. Someone was quick to respond that the music in GW2 is done by the same guy who did the Elder scrolls Jeremy soule. I guess i have a ear for music and am a fan of jeremey soule but didn't even know it.
    • Aloha Mr Hand !