Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet: "endgame is not 100% completed"

123457»

Comments

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

This whole thing is kind of silly, because anyone that plays an MMORPG knows that the game is NEVER "complete."  That's the beauty of an MMORPG...stuff is always added to it.

All that matters is that the end-game is at a playable and enjoyable state at release.  It will obviously not be "100% complete" because that would mean you couldn't add anything else to it ;).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Who said you can only have fun at endgame? All it is, more raids, WvWvW and items. Just like every other MMO out there. The only difference is how polished it is. And if youre racing through week1 just to get to it, thats your own fault.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by cronius77
     False information is spread daily and if you call them a troll even though you know its false you get a ban.

Your mom should have taught the answer to that one.  "Two wrongs don't make a right" (or some variant cliche).

"Just because Johnny jumped off the cliff, doesn't mean you have to." (my mom's fave).

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

It's a mmo, what do you expect. It looks like GW2 will be no different from other themepark mmo's when it comes to content.

Players today can get through any game in a matter or weeks and then complain there is nothing to do or will find something to complain about. They did it to SWToR, they did it to TSW and GW2 will be next on the list no matter how the GW players spin it.

I got killed in this forum talking about what I love about Sandbox MMO's and blantly was told by a GW fanatic that this is a themepark mmo and not a Sandbox and they left it at that.

I personally don't have high expectations for GW2 since it follows the same traditional themepark qualitys, but as players tell me, you don't have to worry about a monthly fee so why should I care. I will pay for the box price and enjoy what I can out of GW2.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Can this get locked because the OP's claim has been debunked/called out as fiction? There's enough misinformation being shouted everywhere, without having to deal with stuff that's been shutdown.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by star
    Can this get locked because the OP's claim has been debunked/called out as fiction? There's enough misinformation being shouted everywhere, without having to deal with stuff that's been shutdown.

Um naaah, the way we do it here we lock and edit the threads that are accurate and let the misinformed ones go on.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Creslin321

This whole thing is kind of silly, because anyone that plays an MMORPG knows that the game is NEVER "complete."  That's the beauty of an MMORPG...stuff is always added to it.

All that matters is that the end-game is at a playable and enjoyable state at release.  It will obviously not be "100% complete" because that would mean you couldn't add anything else to it ;).

Try telling that to the critics that slammed SWToR and TSW this year about their endgame (they said, way to easy and nothing to do but PvP and hamster wheel gear / weapons). However they do have a point in those 2 other games since you pay a monthly fee where as in GW2 you don't have one. I think they did right by saying that GW2 endgame  isn't 100& complete. The critics can't really complain then since the game has no monthly sub comittment and you get what you pay for.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    This whole topic is based on misinformation and should be closed.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Agree ^

Thread linked by OP has been edited to include a statement from Anet which says it's just a bunch of crap. 

Not saying this is what's happening, but if I was in charge of marketing for Blizzard, I'd sure be paying people to start threads like this. Cause you know, like GW2 has no endgame, so like, I'll just buy MoP cause WoW is all about the endgame and endgame (read: repetitive frustrating/boring grind) is what all ze kiddehs wantz!

TL;DR don't believe everything you read on the internet.

• jakeastsidejakeastside Member Posts: 1
    Until the dev says "endgame is 100%" then the thread won't go away. Probably the devs are debunking the authenticators or the GvG not the end game part and vice versa.
    Basically they gave us the political "maybe, maybe not, nyah".
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Yep, but if not:

Mod edit and response from Colin:

View PostColin Johanson, on 20 August 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false.

We'll absolutely have a GM team that helps support the game at live, the rest of it is partially incorrect information or just plain wrong. You'll start seeing information about our post-ship plans shortly (as early as today on some press sites) but it'll come from developers specifically.

See you in game on Thursday!
    -Colin

Keep this in mind before reacting.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

We shall see reviews about post-ship from the Dev's themselves (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/)  

This Threat is nonsense, please close.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

Additionally:

Sorry that was a bad joke at attempting to mock the misinformation 

Colin Troll will see you in game Friday!

Hahaha....haha....ha..... image

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Thrashbarg

Agree ^

Thread linked by OP has been edited to include a statement from Anet which says it's just a bunch of crap. 

Not saying this is what's happening, but if I was in charge of marketing for Blizzard, I'd sure be paying people to start threads like this. Cause you know, like GW2 has no endgame, so like, I'll just buy MoP cause WoW is all about the endgame and endgame (read: repetitive frustrating/boring grind) is what all ze kiddehs wantz!

So everyone please click the link again and read the developer input.

Now please close this thread.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by alkrmr
    still not locked...

I think it's because the dev said "almost" all false, and "pretty much" not true. 

Stop throwing wood to the fire bc. Obviously the part that this post was created for was the endgame and its basically what he refers to as a incorrect.

• jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47

I'm starting to think the only reason this thread is being left open is it's generating some nice web traffic. Allowing a topic to continue that has been proven false isn't very professional.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Oh great an MMO with endgame as an afterthought again. Not surprising since every game fails in this department let alone a free one with even less incentive to create endgame.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Thrashbarg

Agree ^

So everyone please click the link again and read the developer input.

Now please close this thread.

Locked! ;)

This discussion has been closed.