Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Winner of the IGN People's Choice Award is...

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Very good news for Anet, congrats to them for all their hard work (which is very soon to finally pay off!)
  • Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Flawlees victory for GW2 and ANet, shows how big success GW2 will be. It defeated 49 other competitors including WoW: MoP.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Very good news for Anet, congrats to them for all their hard work (which is very soon to finally pay off!)

yup! this makes me very happy. Hopefully just the first of many awards to come!

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Not surprised at all.

Congratulations ANet!

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Nice one for Anet! 
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    Flawlees victory for GW2 and ANet, shows how big success GW2 will be. It defeated 49 other competitors including WoW: MoP.

It didn't just defeat them, it got 25% of the votes.

25% is HUGE when you consider that there were 48 other competitors in the running.

Unless all 48 were ...you know...really lame.  Pretty sure there were several other good titles in that list though.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Outstanding news. It is only going to aid in its already snowballing recognition. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

From what I have seen of this game so far, this is a well deserved win for them. Congrats ArenaNet, I can't wait for Saturday!

• orator1970orator1970 Member UncommonPosts: 112

Gold - GW2 with over 25% of the votes

Silver - FIFA 13, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, World of Warplanes and Assassin’s Creed III

Bronze - Injustice: Gods Among Us, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Planetside 2 and Tomb Raider

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Jagarid
    Originally posted by Grotar89

It didn't just defeat them, it got 25% of the votes.

25% is HUGE when you consider that there were 48 other competitors in the running.

Unless all 48 were ...you know...really lame.  Pretty sure there were several other good titles in that list though.

really? only 25%? That makes me sad. I think everyone is supposed to KNOW how brilliant GW2 is.  When I'm walking down the street I ask everyone "do you know how great GW2 is?" if they say "yes" I give them a high 5, if they say "no" or "what's Guild wars" I slap them. Now when I see people cross to the other side of the street if they see me, I know that they know. They KNOW!

Grats to Anet on the props from IGN

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73
    This comes as no suprise to be honest with all of ya. When it comes time to vote for Game of the Year my vote will definately go for Guild Wars 2, and depending on the success of Halo 4, Guild Wars 2 could be the GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Awesome news and huge grats to Anet.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    eyelolled

LOL, that made my morning!

25% is huge since it was not just MMOs in the running. I'll enjoy the game regardless but I'm interested in just how big GW2 can get and known outside those who would already know about it.

Get out that powdah
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    What is the point of giving awards to games that haven't even been released yet?

<3

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by joerockshaha
    This comes as no suprise to be honest with all of ya. When it comes time to vote for Game of the Year my vote will definately go for Guild Wars 2, and depending on the success of Halo 4, Guild Wars 2 could be the GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!

I think MMO of the Year it'll get.

Looking at the other titles like Assassin Creed 3, Halo 4, COD Black Op 2, and few other titles, I don't know.

Though I can say it has at the very least a decent chance.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Congrats Anet, thats what you get for a well done job, enjoy it,

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

We do have to keep this in perspective though - this is best of show/best game as voted for by attendies at Gamescon in Cologne Germany, and my oh my do the Germans love Guild Wars!

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

We do have to keep this in perspective though - this is best of show/best game as voted for by attendies at Gamescon in Cologne Germany, and my oh my do the Germans love Guild Wars! 
    This is very true :)

Nonetheless well deserved win and will hopefully spark the interest of other gamers who don't know about it.

So excited about the impending release, over five years waiting and it's almost here.

Grats Anet!

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    I pre-ordered GW2 but lets face facts here. People's choice awards are nothing more than polls...the only ones that matter are in strip-clubs.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I think that ANet should hire David Hasselhoff to do GW2 commercials ;).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Creslin321

I think that ANet should hire David Hasselhoff to do GW2 commercials ;).

hes already taken hes doing all the lmfao videos , they should hire shufflebot though...

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    What a surprise, who would have expected such good news?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Congratulations ANet.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    What is the point of giving awards to games that haven't even been released yet?

I guess it makes it pointless to play any other game