Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Predictions-First to Level 80?

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I'm 100% sure of two things.

1) there will be a level 80 before the end of the 3 days headstart.

2) it will NOT be me.

3. Whoever it is will be the first to complain why there is no content or anyone to help with World Bosses. ;)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    I guess about a week. This is considering that some people have been dedicated enough to take time off for it. Those people will pour over 12 hours a day into the game and can get a fair amount done. The problem will be the lack of other players in the high level zones to do harder content. I think they will need to wait for us before they can get Orr finished.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Originally posted by Svarcanum
    Or you can see it like this: what's the point in NOT rushing. Since you can't out level content but still will dominate in wvw...
    The point is that if you "rush" through the game you are a WoW playing, power leveling Communist.

Upon desecrating Guild Wars 2(re- getting to level 80 in under 1 week) you will immediately come to the forums to spout hatred filled power leveling rhetoric and subsequently quit the game. Your level 80 character(re- the Anti Christ) will be stoned to death in game.

More seriously - the amount of hate towards people that will get to level 80 in a relatively short amount of time is, quite frankly, not surprising but is no less puzzling.

Guild Wars 2 has been built from the ground up to be a quick leveling MMO. Also, pretty much everything you do gives experience points. The only way to not gain experience points in GW2 is by doing nothing.

The first week everyone will be super excited that Guild Wars 2 is finally out and they are able to play and so will be playing a lot. The leveling will just happen.

So, basically, has become "fans of GW2 that plan to ostracize other fans of GW2 for playing the game they both like". The GW2 community is looking good so far.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Tayah
    There's another thread with the same title somewhere. I'd say as usual in all mmo's that come out, someone will be playing in shifts with others on an account and get max level before the official release date on the 28th.

Playing in shifts AND get all their guild send them all their crafting mats too.

Ahh yes, I forgot that too, ty.

Off topic but Korrigan are you heading to Jade Quarry with the rest of we Daoc vets?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    There's another thread with the same title somewhere. I'd say as usual in all mmo's that come out, someone will be playing in shifts with others on an account and get max level before the official release date on the 28th.

Playing in shifts AND get all their guild send them all their crafting mats too.

Ahh yes, I forgot that too, ty.

Off topic but Korrigan are you heading to Jade Quarry with the rest of we Daoc vets?

Sorry but no, since I'm a European, so I'll be on some European server with my own guild (see sig). Since GW2's combat is more action oriented, I think ping may matter quite a bit in PvP.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Or you can see it like this: what's the point in NOT rushing. Since you can't out level content but still will dominate in wvw...

The point is that if you "rush" through the game you are a WoW playing, power leveling Communist.

Upon desecrating Guild Wars 2(re- getting to level 80 in under 1 week) you will immediately come to the forums to spout hatred filled power leveling rhetoric and subsequently quit the game. Your level 80 character(re- the Anti Christ) will be stoned to death in game.

More seriously - the amount of hate towards people that will get to level 80 in a relatively short amount of time is, quite frankly, not surprising but is no less puzzling.

Guild Wars 2 has been built from the ground up to be a quick leveling MMO. Also, pretty much everything you do gives experience points. The only way to not gain experience points in GW2 is by doing nothing.

The first week everyone will be super excited that Guild Wars 2 is finally out and they are able to play and so will be playing a lot. The leveling will just happen.

So, basically, has become "fans of GW2 that plan to ostracize other fans of GW2 for playing the game they both like". The GW2 community is looking good so far.

I think you totally missed the point.

Nobody mind who reach level 80 in 5 minutes , your money your game, do whatever, from playing naked covered in mountain dew to  whatever.

Who is irksome is who reach level 80 in 5 minutes and then start to spam the forums about how the game suck because they reached level 80 in 5 minutes.

• Anoebis.beAnoebis.be Member Posts: 62

2) it will NOT be me.

My neither... it will probably take me MONTHS, if not a year to finally hit 80 with my first character.

I will take my time... I want to see everything there is to see, do everything there is to do, and then some!

Can`t wait!

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

Three days, tops before the first 80.  Maybe sooner.  

I give you four days before those same people start complaining about being bored.  

I'll give you one month before those people have already moved on to hyping for the next big game.

Happens every time.

This is the problem of MMOs in west, you just move to the newest themepark next month to do the same thing you did before.

it happend to Aion(in west, in east it still is P2P with tons of players), Tera and will happen to Gw2. 

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

You know, I did not even think about this during the BWEs. Do you level slower if you over level the zone? Or do all mobs basically give you a set amount of XP which scales with the amount of xp needed for the level?

Either way, I will be leveling slowly.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Mrlogic

2) it will NOT be me.

Me neither.. I plan on taking my time to.... just soak in the fact that it's live and enjoy every step of progress! :D

This +1

with every character i create. So.... lvl 80 is far from happening any time soon for me

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    I plan to reach lvl 80 as fast as I can before I have to pay for subscription fees!
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I wonder if the first level 80 per server will earn a special title. Something along the lines of "Biggest Loser",  "Obvious Exploiter", "Basement Dweller" or "P2W FTW"

That'd be funny

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

The people that say they're going to take their time will find that they "accidentally" level relatively quickly.

Those xp spurts you get for exploring aren't bad and DEs give good exp.   Unless you see DEs start and consistently run the other direction to escape them (into already explored territory, you don't want to rush and get more explored exp!) you're going to level. 

Gonna do some crafting?   You get a lot of exp from crafting too.   You get a lot of exp from everything really. 

If you play a lot, you're going to level fast unless you have some prohibitive playstyle bent on not getting exp rather than just playing the game.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Can someone confirm if leveling from one level to another exponentially rises or not? I don't think it does. So I believe people will be leveling really fast. At least all if the content remains relevant.
  • odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814
    You can feed others crafting mats for the profession to pretty much give them 60 levels for free. Athene style. I'm thinking someone will be 80 through normal leveling and craft feeding by late sunday.

im not attacking you at all and this isnt directed to you...

but in general how can this survive as a "good" or even "great" mmorpg ..this is laughable and even more funny how fan boies think this is the holy trinity of gaming

stuff like this makes me want to throw in the towel on the genra

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Right now...

There is a 14 year old boy who's sequestered himself in his parent's basement.  He's meticulously researching everything available about GW2 and mapping out every single area he is going to go to, establishing time frames and goals for each level.  He's stretching out his fingers, buying 2 liters of Jolt from the store, and maintaining a strict diet of Funyuns and Mountain Dew until Midnight, Friday August 24th...when he plans to change the World (of Tyria) forever.

This boy, will be the first GW2 player to level 80.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

on my first character it will probably take about 2 weeks. On my second, probably more like 7-8 weeks? maybe longer.

I like the race, and don't mind that I will basically be rolling an alt shortly after reaching cap. No I don't care if im first. its really not an epeen thing .. its more the challenge of it. It only happens once in a game .. expansions are fun to race through too, but not nearly as fun as a fresh game .. so I enjoy that aspect of it as much as I can, and then go about things at a more normal pace.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

So you get to 80 first and run around in WvW??  Then the server resets every 2 weeks, hehe.    You cattassed and all you got was a lousy tshirt=)

Getting to max level fast means absolutely NOTHING besides whatever nerd pride comes with that sort of accomplishment.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

2) it will NOT be me.

Couldn't have said it any better on both counts.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

My prediction is that the first player to max level will be a man named Tim the Enchanter.

They will promptly shut the servers down temporarily to boost the level cap and content when that event happens.

EDIT: I may be mixing up my games though...

I also wanna see how many people get the reference (and it's not to monty python).

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    I will get all 38 jumping puzzle achievements before reaching level 80 :D

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Can someone confirm if leveling from one level to another exponentially rises or not? I don't think it does. So I believe people will be leveling really fast. At least all if the content remains relevant.

Unless they changed it recently, the leveling curve is flat, so leveling takes the same amount of time and effort across all levels.  I believe they did that because levels don't matter so much in the game except to exclude you from certain content until you attain that level.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Would of been me, but once you hit 80 what now ?  That and I don't have the time to play right now so will have to wait to buy the game.

I know plenty of people who hit max level during the beta weekends which was like 30.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

2) it will NOT be me.

This ^.

I'm also 100% sure that within the first week of the game we will have a troll claiming 'I already hit 80 and there's nothing to do!' Luckily, by that point the game will be launched, so instead of having my braincells attacked on a forum, I will be happily enjoying the game at hand.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

some one got to lvl 80 in WVW by then end of BE2  so in WvW i say a few days

PvE if ther is not a gorup that plans on running to lvl 80 i say more then a week where doess most of the XP xome from the DE so when said player getrs to like lvl 40+ they are going to have to do DE in low lvl zone as there will be not one to help in the high lvl zones they are running to lvl 80 rember.