Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet: "endgame is not 100% completed"

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    And...what is endgame? Especially in the context of this game. And do we have a reliable source on this, not some portuguese translation of a french reporter using google at a gamescom conference that was in german.
  • Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185

Quite frankly I'd be happy to pay the box price for what was only shown in the BWE's the ammount of content there is worth the box price alone especially with the PVP aspects.

more is better irregardless of when its 100% complete.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

According to a source I'm not giving they've just started testing Arah and Orr, it's done, but needs polishing.

That's probably what they mean, they  haven't cut shit out of it.

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

This whole "end-game" mentality is the biggest thing wrong with the MMO genre, whats even worse is it is seeping into RPGs in general. People are so fast to cite Diablo 3 for is lack of end game, which is completely retarded as the Diablo series are supposed to be a roguelike style.

Meh, not like it matters this thread is just trolling by a bitter DAoC relic anyway. 

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by DJJazzy
    And...what is endgame? Especially in the context of this game. And do we have a reliable source on this, not some portuguese translation of a french reporter using google at a gamescom conference that was in german.

I guess they would define endgame here as Orr and Zhaitan. IMO the thing with MMO:s (and some other games) is that you can continue to play after the endgame. For example I didnt stop playing WoW because I killed Deathwing the first time, I continued. Same with GW2, loads of stuff to do after the endgame (even more than WoW tbh, since there you mostly just repeat the endgame, going to lower level zones are pointless)

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    I think a more exciting thing is hearing that GvG will eventually be implemented :)

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    IF it is true and if it's something like Orr is not ready for three months or somethiing I could see it as being a very bad thing for GW2.
    Originally posted by Xzen
    IF it is true and if it's something like Orr is not ready for three months or somethiing I could see it as being a very bad thing for GW2.

Ok I don't think it'll be that long.

Maybe 3 days to a week.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

The leaks confirmed it is more of balancing and etc.  Not actual content development.  The stuff is there but needs more polish.  

BOOYAKA!

Also I'd like to point out that getting to Arah requires a DE chain, so even if someone was to rush to 80, thye'd need other people.
  • PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch
    Also I'd like to point out that getting to Arah requires a DE chain, so even if someone was to rush to 80, thye'd need other people.

Hehe I was just writing that in another thread. Also, Anet could cheat and make the DE:s in Orr very hard until they feel it's polished enough!

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

So, what is the point?

Is there an endgame, but it is not 100% polished?

Or there is no endgame at all?

I am really confused now.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by dzoni87

So, what is the point?

The content is there, it may have bugs, optimization issues or balance issues.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by otinanai123

read: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/

- Yes, even Anet calls it endgame. It's time for fanboys to stop saying "the endgame starts at level 2".

- "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

- scary D3 comparisons 

Official link??

Or you are just putting words in Anet´s mouth quoting a post in some portuguese forum?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    AWWWWW, the game isnt ready yet.... Lets all kill ourselvs.... pathetic
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

So, what is the point?

Thread isn't about what Anet said. Just some random forumgoer. So I wouldn't be confused just yet lol. 

Originally posted by GamerUntouch

So, what is the point?

The content is there, it may have bugs, optimization issues or balance issues.

Well, i dont see it as unussual thing. However, if we get left alone with blank space, than we would have a problem here.

This being said, many of hardcore levelers will find this as issue when they reach 80 in 2 days.

Still, this may be just a state of game during Gamescom. We may be pleasantly surprised as well. Time will tell.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    If that's the case i'm ok with burning ANet alive after release even though I'm a big fan of the game.
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by cyress8

The leaks confirmed it is more of balancing and etc.  Not actual content development.  The stuff is there but needs more polish.  

Content blockers...

No different than raid progression, when a new tier is released and available but can not be passed. You can say its balancing issues but its a method dev teams have been using for years.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

read: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/

- Yes, even Anet calls it endgame. It's time for fanboys to stop saying "the endgame starts at level 2".

- "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

- scary D3 comparisons 

It cant be, Anet is full of GW2 haters!!, they are talking about a unfinished endgame, when we talked about this, the fanboys call us ¨haters¨, i guess Anet is one of us now. 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

So, what is the point?

Thread isn't about what Anet said. Just some random forumgoer. So I wouldn't be confused just yet lol. 

I dont know. Forum posters here can really creep me out sometimes lol. Thanks for the info :D

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Ok if it something like some of the DEs in Orr need a bit of work as well as the final dungeon with Zhaitan and it's ready in under a month it shouldn't be too bad as long as we can at least do most of the stuff in Orr.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

- scary D3 comparisons 

Not to mention the so called "source" is not gw2guru but a sketchy translation from a portogues forum.

Guess what...

Only 5 days to go. I will see for myself what's true and what's not

Originally posted by Preacher26

Content blockers...

No different than raid progression, when a new tier is released and available but can not be passed. You can say its balancing issues but its a method dev teams have been using for years.

What?

No, the CBT testers just started testing Orr and Arah.

It'll probably take them a bit to apply what they've learned from testing.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Haven't yet seen a MMO that had all end game working on release. I do come in expecting it to be rather rough at the first months. I'm simply reasonable. That said it mbeing snippets and translation rather than actual interview it could be understood in so many way. 

End game not being 100% complete may mean that it's simply not done yet or that what we will have at launch is not the full extent of what ArenaNet is planning to have as an "end game" in GW2. Just like PvP isin't 100% done yet, but it's functional and has plenty of content already ( we know they want to work on spectaro mode, GvG, possibly different modes, more maps, player customized servers, etc.) 

Won't know till we get to play it. 

This discussion has been closed.