Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many booked time off for launch?

2»

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I got a month booked off for Guild Wars 2 :).

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I've taken 2 weeks off. Was going to anyways around that time because the rest of the year is difficult for me to get more than 2 consecutive days off work.

So perfect timing on launch date (except that it's during month end which I usually can't get time off at all but they made an exception if I remain standbye on call).

Also I've found a spot in the local forest where there's an open wifi connection so I can take my laptop and combine the best of both worlds :)

• LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

i got a week off  for Gw2 then i'm 10 days in spain :P so i'll have to find a hotel wih good internet ;)

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Took a whole week off for Mop. But none for gw2, there's no endgame to rush to in order to compete so I didn't see the need. 
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Sciva
    Originally posted by tank017

lmao...

people actaully take time off for a game?

thats ridiculous,no wonder people cut through MMO's in a matter of weeks....or should I say in a matter of sick days?

People take time off so they can go to an island, get trashed and probably catch somthing nasty.

Now tell me that taking time off for somthing you find fun is bad again.

yes nobody is asking you to do it, you do it cause you want to do it . isnt that great ? you can actually use your holiday and enjoy the way you feel is best for you? wau! narrow minded people come up with replies like " you actually book time of playing game " is same as booking time off whatever the reason you find most fun to you.

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48
    I work from home on my PC.  Time off not needed although my work performance may suffer a little.
  • rafatalex007rafatalex007 Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by pratikrath86

Cant unfortunately .. this game released a week too late .. just got done with a month of almost no work and then tommorow finishing a 4 day weekend .... Due to Ramadan and Eid ( Islamic Holidays + Living in the middle East) ... if only the game had released a week earlier i would have taken more than a few days off with no consequences at work. 

Hey then that is the two of us man (middle east too) BTW : kefak shlonak , ?? ??? ???? ???? :P

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Just the weekend for me, but that goes without saying im gonna be bloody buggered come monday morning at work hehe, what timje does it release in Aus anyone??

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75
    I'm actually going to miss the headstart, how nice.. :)
  • AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83
    Yep will be taking monday , tuesday, and wednesday. having a little GW2 party on friday night with some friends then its stay up all night gaming.
  • xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    I thought I was good as far as not having to work till sunday night (and being thirds I could play at work so why take it off?). But NOOOOO I owe some friends a night that I'm DD and they texted me yesterday that they needed me to do it saturday night. And since my choice is blow them off (when I owe it to em) and risk one of them killing themselves or someone else or skip a night of GW2. Obvious choice I know. Lucky for them I'm a nice person and wont pick the obvious choice :D
  • ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86

0 because its just a game and I have better things to do

actually nvm I WISH I COULD TAKE A MONTH OFF TO PLAY IT

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Although it is a coincidence, I do happen to have Monday and Tuesday off next week.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by Dekarx12
    Just the weekend for me, but that goes without saying im gonna be bloody buggered come monday morning at work hehe, what timje does it release in Aus anyone??

Anytime from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, or 1:30pm to 4:30pm in South Australia.  Officially the later time, but they have said it could be up to 3 hours earlier.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71
    I just came back from vacation trip, I'm really suntanned, in great shape, I already had loads of fun outside througout entire summer. And now I'm ready to lock myself in my cave and stay there for at least a week after launch doing nothing else than playing :] And I won't even feel bad about it :]
  • Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Anytime from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, or 1:30pm to 4:30pm in South Australia.  Officially the later time, but they have said it could be up to 3 hours earlier.

Saturday yeh?

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Had 2 weeks off from Uni through the launch of D3.. Now i have 2 weeks off again for GW2 launch. So far the best year for me as far as timing goes :D Loving it!!

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Originally posted by Dekarx12 Just the weekend for me, but that goes without saying im gonna be bloody buggered come monday morning at work hehe, what timje does it release in Aus anyone??
    Saturday yeh?

Yep saturday.. Use this converter to check your local time for launch. 25th of August 12am PDT

Here's the link Converter

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Haha, I was totally supposed to work that Saturday morning from 8-12:30, but I swapped with someone.  There was no way I was playing for 4 hours or so, going into work piss tired for 4 and a half hours, then coming home probably wanting to take a nap.  Instead, my plan is to go straight to sleep when I get home from work on Friday evening, set the alarm for 2am (EST), wake up like it's christmas morning and game all day :)

I do hope they tell us ahead of time whether or not it will release a few hours early or not.  I would like some sleep.  

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I would have had to work all weekend, but I scheduled the upcoming weekend off quite a while ago.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Nah, no time off - just playing all weekend Saturday/Sunday during the head start.

http://www.mmorpg.com/guilds.cfm/guild/3149

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    I would have booked some time off but I've already been off the past 2 months following a motorcycle accident! Got another 6 weeks before I go back to work.