Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK, OK, I did it!

2»

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

So now I'm on the forums trying to figure out what to roll, Leaning to Engineer... (How's the Steampunk Factor in GW2?....Light, Medium, Heavy?)

search for dredge armor... all three sets are steampunky

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

So now I'm on the forums trying to figure out what to roll, Leaning to Engineer... (How's the Steampunk Factor in GW2?....Light, Medium, Heavy?)

After 3 BWE's I still can't say that I have a fraction of what the game world offers but felt like their was a good medium dose of steam punk. You definitely will want to lean on picking either Asura or Char. 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    See you in Tyria!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by pacov

I've paid more money for less than 60 hrs of entertainment

Diablo III didn't even last 20 hours for me... sold it to a friend for only 10 bucks... he wouldn't even take 15 because of how bad the reviews are

Bah, consider yourself lucky.  I tried to pay a friend 20 dollars to take D3 off of my hands and he insisted I give him at least 40 or keep it myself.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Badaboom

After 3 BWE's I still can't say that I have a fraction of what the game world offers but felt like their was a good medium dose of steam punk. You definitely will want to lean on picking either Asura or Char. 

I would say char for the Black Citidal feels very steam punk the Asura feel techy and there fun to play more tech involed with them. I played a char in BWE1 and that felt very very steam punk with all the moving parts in there town.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Pick charr, they have tank's and stuff being built in the black citadel. :D

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Jagarid
    Originally posted by pacov

I've paid more money for less than 60 hrs of entertainment

Diablo III didn't even last 20 hours for me... sold it to a friend for only 10 bucks... he wouldn't even take 15 because of how bad the reviews are

Bah, consider yourself lucky.  I tried to pay a friend 20 dollars to take D3 off of my hands and he insisted I give him at least 40 or keep it myself.

you guys are crazy d3 was a ton of fun but has definetly passed its experation date for me.  my d3 bought me and my brother gw2 digi deluxe with about 1k left in my paypal from d3 sales.  Was fun and made me good money, money I can now spend in the gem store while I have me some gw2 fun :P

cya in 5

• Originally posted by GeezerGamer

So now I'm on guildwars2guru trying to figure out what to roll, Leaning to Engineer... (How's the Steampunk Factor in GW2?....Light, Medium, Heavy?)

Charr area is steampunky.

Asura area is techie.

I would recommend trying out several professions with as many different weapons and utilities as possible.  I am going with two professions at launch that in other games I would not play but for some reason they fit me in GW2.  If you are into guns Engineers get pistols and rifles, Warriors get rifles, Thieves get pistols, and Mesmers can offhand a pistol.  But racial choice also effects things as Charr have access to a Charzooka and Asuran have access to Golems.

Welcome to the game and after you create that first character and do the kid in the candy store thing (the game is gorgeous) take a deep breath and sloooow down.  I was shocked to discover that I missed over half of the area I started in with my first character just because I was in such a hurry to complete hearts.

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Derpybird

It was only a matter of time.

lol love it ^_^

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

You have to maintain a proper ratio of adults to children.

But I doubt there will be enough adults to keep us kids in line. LOL

I have not started any research.

I don't care about being on a realm that dominates Wv...well, maybe a little, but I do want a healthy population.

WOOHOO more fun for us then

as for the research might I suggest my article http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/swordmark45/072012/23485_Guild-Wars-2-Planning-your-characters-personal-stories

as for server population you could look at  http://www.gw2guilds.org/ and see if this is any help also

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    You won't regret it. Not sure I am gonna get much sleep Friday night.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by swordmark45

Originally posted by GeezerGamer You have to maintain a proper ratio of adults to children. But I doubt there will be enough adults to keep us kids in line. LOL     I have not started any research. I don't care about being on a realm that dominates Wv...well, maybe a little, but I do want a healthy population.

WOOHOO more fun for us then

as for the research might I suggest my article http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/swordmark45/072012/23485_Guild-Wars-2-Planning-your-characters-personal-stories

as for server population you could look at  http://www.gw2guilds.org/ and see if this is any help also

Hey! Thanks for the site references.
    I'm pretty well set on a Charr Engineer at this point.

As far as a server, I'm researching guilds now, I've always had a better time in guilds that were run by people my own age who aren't afraid to deal with drama swiftly.

incidentally, I noticed:
    http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/191
    The focus on hardcore RP makes me laugh. I wonder what their definition of hardcore RP is.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Geezer, Colin Johanson recorded a personal message for you and asked me to pass it on. Unfortunately he hadn't been to makeup before recording, but he felt it was too important to wait...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Volkon
    Geezer, Colin Johanson recorded a personal message for you and asked me to pass it on. Unfortunately he hadn't been to makeup before recording, but he felt it was too important to wait...
    What a heartfelt message......I'm touched.
    Really.