Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the beta client work for release?

Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Does anyone know if the beta client can just be updated for use on release? I searched and didnt seem to be able to find if they said so or not?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Yes it will work just fine for release.
  • Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Awesome, thank you. I would have hated to have to download the new client lol

All it will require is updating, i'm gonna be checking all friday for update's lol. Luckily I got my 2 main chr name's reserved through GW1, so my main concern is done with. :D
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    All it will require is updating, i'm gonna be checking all friday for update's lol. Luckily I got my 2 main chr name's reserved through GW1, so my main concern is done with. :D

lol lucky! I dont have GW1 so my name will be first come first serve lol. I wish I could remember what server was top for WvWvW for my battle group :(

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35
    Yes it will work. I went ahead and downloaded the new client anyhow.
    Originally posted by OrsonDiturno
    Yes it will work. I went ahead and downloaded the new client anyhow.

That was probably a good idea just in case. I cant be bothered though lol. Wait till I find out that I have to on the day of the head start and just cant wait to get in game lol.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Chase187666

lol lucky! I dont have GW1 so my name will be first come first serve lol. I wish I could remember what server was top for WvWvW for my battle group :(

It isn't really relevant which server was top in the battle groups anyway.  Most of the large guild alliances are choosing different servers than what they played on in the beta events.

I've also heard for the 1st week server transfer's are free.
    Originally posted by Jagarid

It isn't really relevant which server was top in the battle groups anyway.  Most of the large guild alliances are choosing different servers than what they played on in the beta events.

Why would that be? You'd think they would just remake characters on the server they were on

I've also heard for the 1st week server transfer's are free.

That would be good. Too bad they dont do it the same way Rift does theirs lol

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Why would that be? You'd think they would just remake characters on the server they were on

Because they are afraid that a lot of people will flock to the servers they are on and the server will become full, locking out members of said guilds/alliances. GW2 doesn't have waiting ques, but once a set number of people pick a server as their home it becomes full and no one else can pick the same server. Of course, there will be free server transfers until things settle down, but I guess it's just more comfortable for them to pick some of the low pop servers. Hope this answers your question. :)

Originally posted by megera23

Because they are afraid that a lot of people will flock to the servers they are on and the server will become full, locking out members of said guilds/alliances. GW2 doesn't have waiting ques, but once a set number of people pick a server as their home it becomes full and no one else can pick the same server. Of course, there will be free server transfers until things settle down, but I guess it's just more comfortable for them to pick some of the low pop servers. Hope this answers your question. :)

Makes sense for sure. Thanks!