Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you go back....

If Wow released vanilla servers? Personally that's the only way I'd ever go back. 

Comments

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Vanilla or TBC, they can keep the rest of the crap.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Nah

Loved my time with the game but can't get into it anymore.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• FringeFanBoiFringeFanBoi Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

Vanilla or TBC, they can keep the rest of the crap.

Totally agree. I'd do BC as well anything else not a shot
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Only way I'd go back is if they quit pandering to the masses and make true old school MMO features.  Guild halls, Player housing, explorable content, Alternate Advancement for skills and abilities and some other sandbox features.  They would also need to transition over to a horizontal gear scaling and do away with vertical progression.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

This is what I find funny about the WoW playerbase, as a whole, not just you OP.

>Bitch there isn't enough content.

>Bitch that you can beat raids when they're released in a few weeks.

>Demand vanilla servers

No one sees the hilarity in that? no one? Okay..

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

Posts like these are plain circle-jerks. It's like saying "If you could go back to highschool and reunite with your HS girlfriend" would you do it? 

Your HS girlfriend was awesome, then she changed, you both changed, went off to college and did new things. You're a different person now than you were before and probably wouldn't enjoy what you liked back then either. 

It's the same reason your grandparents say "Remember the days when we use to hike 5 miles to school and gas cost 5 cents a gallon?"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i never played Vanilla, but even if i did i dont need it again to go back to WoW.... im not subbed to WoW but ill buy a month when MoP hits the shelves.... i play WoW for the Lore, not for the other content that people cry about. *cough* raid grinding? not my thing

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

I'd like to go back but I can't drag it out any longer. They're attempts to fix things that aren't broken have killed what enjoyment I could find in the game.

It's ugly and the world is lifeless now to boot, especially once you've memorized EVERYTHING - it makes it feel like wondering around your own garage in boredom. Not big on themeparks I guess, or elves and dragons and such nonsense.

Been poking around in TSW - it needs alot of polish but it's pretty enjoyable. Combat is good, skill/progression interesting and flexible (up for expiermentation like WOW was originally)

Didn't buy it yet but I think I will end up going there permenantely.

• AutorockAutorock Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Only way I'd go back is if they quit pandering to the masses and make true old school MMO features.  Guild halls, Player housing, explorable content, Alternate Advancement for skills and abilities and some other sandbox features.  They would also need to transition over to a horizontal gear scaling and do away with vertical progression.

So basically turn it into something that it never was or was promised to be. Also you can say you want the original expansionless WoW back all you want, but at the end of the day that wouldn't satisfy you. Find another game.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    No, I finished with it 5 yrs ago, there is nothing they can do to make me go back, its dated and done with from my perspective.
  • pratikrath86pratikrath86 Member Posts: 79
    Nope .. had one my best MMO memories in that game post 2004  ... dont want to ruin it by going back a ... Had a lot of fun ... been clean for over a year now  ... time to move on.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by azrael466
    This is what I find funny about the WoW playerbase, as a whole, not just you OP.

>Bitch there isn't enough content.

>Bitch that you can beat raids when they're released in a few weeks.

>Demand vanilla servers

No one sees the hilarity in that? no one? Okay..

It's not as simple as that.

It's because of the "EZ-Mode" mentality. Vanilla and TBC had the content. But it took time to get through it. You had to build up, there was a logical progression. in Vanilla and TBC.

Come 3.1, it got all screwed up. They sped up the ride. faster and faster, you had to burn through it, all the while completely making previous content irrelevant. I've said it before, When you have to release 5 man instances with better gear drops than the 20man raid instances in the same level to compensate for the gap for new or under geared, the game is broken.

It's not that they gave us what we "bitched" for.

It's what they gave us was #$^%&@ broken!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Nope. I've tried going back before (private servers), and it kinda ruined the experience for me. In fact, with most MMOs I found going back to them to be a far less enjoyable experience than w/ most games I've enjoyed.
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Probably not. Pre Wrath quests kind of suck badly. Since I played that game mostly for questing and 5man's it just wouldn't be worth it. Especially considering I could play all the old 5 man's currently.
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I'd play around on a Vanilla server again if they would let me take my Grand Marshal human warrior, and my High Warlord undead warrior to it with all of the lvl 60 gear I had on those 2 toons.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

For Vanilla, I'd go back for nostalgia's sake.

40 man raids? Hella fun. Nothing like it since. Those were the days. Molten Core, Blackwing's Lair, Ahn'Qiraj... *sigh*

And then they could follow through with TBC and I'd keep at it provided I find a fun enough guild to run with.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

If it was up to The Burning Crusade, but before The Isle of Quel'danas. That was some of the worst rep-grind that was added up until that point.

As a matter of fact I consider that the turning point of where Blizzard statered releasing Rep-grind like it was actual content.

That, and if the got rid of Arena and focused more on Open World PvP and Battlegrounds.

Personally I could give a crap about Deathknights, Goblins, Worgen, Pandas or even (the) Cataclysm or the Lich King.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Hokie
    If it was up to The Burning Crusade, but before The Isle of Quel'danas. That was some of the worst rep-grind that was added up until that point.As a matter of fact I consider that the turning point of where Blizzard statered releasing Rep-grind like it was actual content.That, and if the got rid of Arena and focused more on Open World PvP and Battlegrounds. Personally I could give a crap about Deathknights, Goblins, Worgen, Pandas or even (the) Cataclysm or the Lich King.

IMO, I believe the turn for the worst started with the intro of "EZ-Mode" Which if memory serves was patch 2.3. This included sparkly quest objectives increased XP gains 1-60 etc etc.

Go back before that, and I'd re sub today.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    If I want to go back to an endless, pointless, grind? No.

Eleanor Rigby.

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205
    If it meant paying more money to Blizzard.. no I would not go back. 

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

Wouldn't have the time to play on vanilla servers anymore. Farming runecloth for bandages, juju's in winterspring, BL buffs, zandalaar buffs, ...

Not to mention i can't stomach wow's combat anymore. Too old and too static.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    I would ONLY go back if they started doing raids like EQ1 pre-PoP..   I believe in open non-restrictive raiding.. I play to have fun with friends and guildmates.. NOT play some mini esport game within a game.. Which is what WoW raiding is..  IF I and 37 friends want to give the Lich King a dirt nap, that should be our option..
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Nope...

Done with Bliz and Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        WoW is pretty much going through what EQ did...Once you pump out a few expansions the playerbase will start to complain it isn't as good as it used to be......Im surprised it took this long for people to start to long for the old days in WoW.....ANd to answer the OPs question, not interested...It wasn't even all that great to begin with.
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by FringeFanBoi
    If Wow released vanilla servers? Personally that's the only way I'd ever go back. 

Hell no! That game is done.