Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This time next week.......

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Where do the prophets of doom move on to next?  No clear Next Target in view, is there?

Well I know for me I m looking forward to PS2 even moreso then GW2. I like GW2, it s a good game, but will be my good second game for years I m afraid.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    ........most of us will be enjoying the game for realsies.  Who else is excited that this long ardeous wait is finally coming to a close?

you said "realsies":P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Leucent

Well I know for me I m looking forward to PS2

Well, there we go.  It's an obvious choice, we can always extensively argue about whether it does PvP "correctly" (console players vs MMO players, or other Classic™ Teams) or not?  Should be good for a while.

Archeage?  Teala's Revenge maybe?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I'll be on a beach in the south sippin on mojitos and get jiggy with all the jinteros
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

This time next week...

... the only people posting here will be the negative nancies ;)

True dat.

But I'll be playing so whatever, let them talk :P

The only reason I care is because I don't have the game to occupy me yet

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by zevni78
    I avoided all betas and spoilers to make this the best mmo launch experience it can be. For the first time in years the very first character I create will last as long as the game.

Oh my. I could have never done that, you must have some good discipline.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by kalrhael

Originally posted by alf2ooo

Originally posted by The_Korrigan This time next week... ... the only people posting here will be the negative nancies ;)
      Then this time in a few more weeks, GW2 will be the biggest failure since swtor.  Then the hype train hops aboard another game and the cycle repeats.    
    Then this time in a few weeks you will have another game to hate since GW2 and the cycle repeats, have fun hating :)
     I'm a GW2 hater because I despise when fans overblow their expectations? lol  

I'm not going to play GW2 because I'm sick of fantasy for the time being, but it sounds like arena.net will have made a fine game - but that's not enough to live up the hype. Once the novelty of being new wears on GW2, the shitstorm that has followed every major mmo WILL be here. 

and I'm going to be sitting on my char laughing my ass off as I browse these forums...

tldr and cba to read, again have fun, i will have mine in a week :)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The wait have been long enough, rememeber 10.000 or GW2 ? well i just realised its only 5 days and 15 hours away.

Painting the house inside and kicking my kids trough the house (they are bored after 7 weeks school vacation and its 34 degrees outside -_-

I can do this HELL YEAH I CAN WAIT 5 MORE DAYS !!!!

Originally posted by alf2ooo
    Originally posted by kalrhael   Originally posted by alf2ooo Originally posted by kalrhael Originally posted by The_Korrigan This time next week... ... the only people posting here will be the negative nancies ;)
      Then this time in a few more weeks, GW2 will be the biggest failure since swtor.  Then the hype train hops aboard another game and the cycle repeats.    
    Then this time in a few weeks you will have another game to hate since GW2 and the cycle repeats, have fun hating :)
     I'm a GW2 hater because I despise when fans overblow their expectations? lol     I'm not going to play GW2 because I'm sick of fantasy for the time being, but it sounds like arena.net will have made a fine game - but that's not enough to live up the hype. Once the novelty of being new wears on GW2, the shitstorm that has followed every major mmo WILL be here.  and I'm going to be sitting on my char laughing my ass off as I browse these forums...  
    tldr and cba to read, again have fun, i will have mine in a week :)

oh man you should look on the wow forums oncve MoP has released, most of the poor people who bought MoP dont know about the massive rep grinds blizzard has in store for them + all the locks on how much valor / rep you can grind a day :P
    That superstorm will hit WoW forums sooner then people can imagen !
    Friend of mine who is quite a hardcore fan cant even believe the shit blizzard has put in MoP, the daily quest system took it to a new level xD.

In the meantime GW2 just came a few seconds closer xD !

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    GW2 + WoW pre-patch. A most delicious week indeed.

Eleanor Rigby.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

This time next week I'll be working or watching some football (soccer for US people), mabey watching a livestream of GW2.

My headstart begins on 27th.

Dint know you guys liked soccer in the USA :)
    Iam from the netherlands, and we have just played in the Europe cup so badly xD
    I have never seen our team played that bad tbh, compared that to the world cup where we ended #2 !!!

Have fun tough ;)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by elocke

This time next week...

Then this time in a few more weeks, GW2 will be the biggest failure since swtor. 

Then the hype train hops aboard another game and the cycle repeats.

Sorry, no.  That train stops here.  One, because their really isn't anything after GW2 to look forward to, anything close to releasing at least.  Two, because GW2 is THAT good.  I know this annoys people like you but just face it.  The cycle won't go on forever and is bound to end, and it ends this week.  Chao!

Uh-huh...GW2 will probably be a good game, as much a fact that most major mmos the past few years have been generaly, pretty good games...living up to the hype is another story though. 

And the hype train will march on, as it always does, I just hope it doesn't latch on to my beloved planetside 2. Other than that,  there's archeage, neverwinter, firefall, blizzard's titan project..

There is no "if" or "probably" here.  I've played enough of the game to be overly excited, beyond the current hype.  The hype is not a lie here.  Not sure why you think "hype" unto itself is a bad thing, at it's definition it's not a negative but a positive.  Don't you think we, the gamers, have played enough of this game to warrant the hype STILL?  For perspective, other games with overblown hype like SWTOR, WAR and so forth all had dire warnings a week away from launch.  Hear of any of those warnings this week?  I haven't.  

I've NEVER been this excited about a game after playing in its beta like I am with GW2.  The game has gotten a hold of me in a way no game ever has.  Even my most favorite games never had me this hardcore pre launch.

• IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173
    ........most of us will be enjoying the game for realsies.  Who else is excited that this long ardeous wait is finally coming to a close?
    it'll be nice to experience this revolutionary game and be part of the paradigm shift in this MMORPG genre, knowing I was part of this historical gaming event.  No its not the second coming but it sure as hell is better then anything else currently available.

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

This time next week...

I was thinking more like: Wow Fans wondering where everyone went and actually hearing Crickets in Ironforge and Org...AT Primetime. ;)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Yep and the people left on the forums will be the uncontested monsters-under-the-bridge because the rest of us will be enjoying the game and all it's fun! WOOT cannot wait!

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by elocke
    I've NEVER been this excited about a game after playing in its beta like I am with GW2.  The game has gotten a hold of me in a way no game ever has.  Even my most favorite games never had me this hardcore pre launch.

Yeah. This is exactly why I am 'on board'. I think it will live up to the hype but I am almost 100% certain it will be THE game for me, regardless of what it does for everyone else. Something which I have not had happen in a very long time indeed.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Really love the overhype all you guys are doing lol!!

This time next week i'm thinking about a lot, but not GW2!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    This time next week some other games will feel kind of empty and the trolls will rejoice and crawl back under the bridge until a new target to ambush arises..

Playing GW2..

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    This time next week my wife will be wanting me off the computer.
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Dint know you guys liked soccer in the USA :)
    Iam from the netherlands, and we have just played in the Europe cup so badly xD
    I have never seen our team played that bad tbh, compared that to the world cup where we ended #2 !!!

Have fun tough ;)

Are you reffering to my post? If you are, than I'm not from US, I wrote "soccer for US people" for people from USA to understand that I'm not talking about NFL.

As for Netherlands national team - yeah you suck, but compared to national team of my country you're at a "world class" level.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Hmm I think about 75% if not more of the hype is from people that played GW2 through beta and stress test's. I personally don't care if it live's up to all the hype as it met my expectation's for a fun game, and beat the reasonable  expectation's into a bloody twitching pulp lol.

I must say I'm rather astonished that people hate on the game because other people say it a great game (hype it up).

Me personally i'm hella excited for the 25th!!! :D

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    This time next week, we'll be playing of the best MMORPGs to date.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

It´s been a long wait...over 5 years....

I´m ready!

and Guild Wars 2 almost too ^^

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Jagarid
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Originally posted by Volkon

You know... every now and then we need to pull ourselves out of the game, pop back in here and say Hi. Just to keep it real, you know?

haha, good point :p

I dunno about you, but that's what going to work is for.

I can't play GW2 at work, but I can read and post on forums. ^.^

Haha yeah. It's even harder when you're freelance :D I think I'll have to put an uncrackable password on my PC's Gaming account, that only will be revealed to me at 8:00 p.m...

Originally posted by Jessina

This time next week...

I was thinking more like: Wow Fans wondering where everyone went and actually hearing Crickets in Ironforge and Org...AT Primetime. ;)

THAT would be hardcore masochism ! lurking in Ironforge next Saturday, hopping on the bridge, playing the AH !!

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****