Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why my girlfriend can't kill anyone in wow pvp but in gw2 beta she destroyed players with elementali

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Post history, guys, post history... image

UGH i wish i had been awake enough to see his history before i posted! DARNIT! oh well. I'm going to look from now on. every post he's made has been bashing GW2 one way or another even in forums that don't have anything to do with GW2. And then he claimed he had a wife at one point instead of his GF like he did here. What did a divorce happen and she reverted back to GF stage? weird. smh.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Why not just ask your GF why she (be careful with how you phrase it) had 'difficulty' in WoW but felt so 'Boss' in GW2?

From her own perspective, I am sure she can describe it than we can...

As long as you don't get insulting about the WoW experience she'll probably answer you and not call you out for it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Latin lex parsimoniae, otherwise known as "Occam's Razor".

Simplest answer for any complex-story question on the internet is?  First, best assumption as a test hypothesis?

"I don't believe you, you're making it up."

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by palulalula
    Originally posted by McLeet

Guys, heres you answer, this is all a lie...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5222810#5222810

You forgot mounts :) Look hype is so big because first part of guild wars is so boring and guild wars comunity play only one game. Yes game is boring and empty but i bought that game like you, only not because of my wife  it was because of my 6 year old son, game is made for his age

Either this guy is lying, or he is cheating on his wife... Either way, nice try troll :D

Smart guy :O) Did i say i have wife??? No i don't have any wife, i have girlfriend and son

Yes you did, stop trolling.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Banisco
    Originally posted by Derpybird
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Post history, guys, post history... image

I knew I had seen this poster somewhere. Just ignore thread folks, its troll attempt.

Given the frequency of the negative posts in the GW2 forums, I am skeptical of pretty much anything the OP says with regard to GW2.

What for heaven is negative in this post???

I will explain:

1º GW2 fans and devs claim that skill matters more than gear in PvP (everybody has the same gear).

2º In WoW gear matters more than skill.

3º You are sayin that a player who sucks in WoW with great gear can own in GW2.

4º In the Third point of my list you want to let people know that the skill neded to win in GW2 is less than the one needed in WoW. By this way you want to shit on one of the big selling points of the game.

I dont think it was that hard to understand.

You can just read the title of the post, which he really doesn't even bother going into detail about which makes it skeptical at that if it's true. Look at the words he used "can't kill anyone" then follows by "destroyed players" as if it was so easy she didn't even try. I can bet you money either he is straight up lying or what he neglects to say was that she was in WvWvW defending a keep with a cannon destroying players by shooting with it. "Man look at all those kills I'm getting, this game takes no skill at all, all I gotta do is press shoot cannon, click on a group of players and like magic, they die."

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149

in GW2 you push 2 buttons LOL

not hard to pvp with 2 buttons!

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Latin lex parsimoniae, otherwise known as "Occam's Razor".

Simplest answer for any complex-story question on the internet is?  First, best assumption as a test hypothesis?

"I don't believe you, you're making it up."

Read his post history.

He may be actually telling the truth, but no one believes him anymore.

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Because there were a lot of bad people playing in the beta.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I'm not sure, I'm not over your girlfriend's shoulder watching her PvP. Shouldn't you be playing :).

Possibility: Elementalists have great glass cannon builds and in situations where a lot is going on, fort seige for instance, you can get some good kills in. In WoW you rely more on small scale battles where you're easily focused.
  • 3nimac3nimac Member UncommonPosts: 63
    points for the funniest troll thread title in a while at least :)
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by pimpdizzle

in GW2 you push 2 buttons LOL

not hard to pvp with 2 buttons!

Which 2 buttons are those? Please describe / post video / elabourate or you are just another troll...

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Agreed. I dont trust the sincerity of op and will not post in this thread.
    Originally posted by Badaboom

All lies, you just did.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by Badaboom

All lies, you just did.

Oh snap!

Originally posted by Aelious
    I'm not sure, I'm not over your girlfriend's shoulder watching her PvP. Shouldn't you be playing :).

We already know he hasn't played, so saying that he has played would automatically give it away.

I'm wondering if this girlfriend is even real.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch

Read his post history.

Again, Mr. Occam took care of it, before the question reached that far.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Aelious

We already know he hasn't played, so saying that he has played would automatically give it away.

I'm wondering if this girlfriend is even real.

I mean, it does have a 6 yr old son as well. So if it isn't real then he needs to learn to use protection if he ever finds himself a real gf. And I would have to admit, he is going the extra mile to prove she is real by stating about his kid, that's either some great imagination or desperation, not sure which.

• fub01fub01 Member Posts: 24

I once 1 v 5ed a rank 2000 team in wow.

True story.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Simply put the "Skill" people claim in GW2 doesn't really exist all that much. They add dodging and inexchange take out some of the complexity of gameplay and using skills (which isn't a compeltely bad thing either). 

Its not gear, trust me, people have that dillusion that gear will mean the world of difference but not everyone has gear, and gear can normally be transgressed through skill. Once you get passed the compexity of GW2 picking weapon/skills/gear out, its quite a simple game, more so then WoW (which sorry, I cringe saying that, hate having to admit wow is 'complex'). 

Rifle condition warrior btw, idiot proof if you know what to put on them, you can kill virtually anyone by spamming 1. In case you don't think I've played before, figure I'd give you the cheesy build I know that works well and is super easy.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Simply put the "Skill" people claim in GW2 doesn't really exist all that much. They add dodging and inexchange take out some of the complexity of gameplay and using skills (which isn't a compeltely bad thing either). 

Its not gear, trust me, people have that dillusion that gear will mean the world of difference but not everyone has gear, and gear can normally be transgressed through skill. Once you get passed the compexity of GW2 picking weapon/skills/gear out, its quite a simple game, more so then WoW (which sorry, I cringe saying that, hate having to admit wow is 'complex'). 

Rifle condition warrior btw, idiot proof if you know what to put on them, you can kill virtually anyone by spamming 1. In case you don't think I've played before, figure I'd give you the cheesy build I know that works well and is super easy.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Purutzil

one of my favorites on the topic or watch any of taugrims sPVP videos to see how well people who know their class can do

http://www.youtube.com/user/taugrimtaugrim/videos

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    The skill cap in gw2 is the lowest I've seen in an MMO(yes, even lower than WoW, which I never thought was possible). This is both bad and good. It will attract many casual players and PvEers but it will also drive away the PvPers. The biggest con is that there is no way in hell this game will become an e-sport.  
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    The skill cap in gw2 is the lowest I've seen in an MMO(yes, even lower than WoW, which I never thought was possible). This is both bad and good. It will attract many casual players and PvEers but it will also drive away the PvPers. The biggest con is that there is no way in hell this game will become an e-sport.  

And you're judging this based on what exactly?

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Im amazed to see how the people who claim that GW2 needs no skill dont give any video or proof, and the ones who do say GW2 needs skill post videos and stuff.

Makes you think...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    She really can't kill any skilled player in wow, in fact i can't remember when she killed anyone. But how for heaven she got so many kills in gw2 beta pvp if is gw2 so much about skills???

Perhaps she is better than you think. Gear can be a major contributor to being average and being superb. She is on an even playing field now. Congratulate her and make her a nice candle light dinner, she may kill you next. o.O

Word. image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

This discussion has been closed.